The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

This is what happens when you are inly conditioned to play as white male characters and any diversion outside that is 'politics', 'pandering' and 'agenda'. Bc, there doesn't need to be a reason for a character to be white or male, but as soon as the character is black or a girl, everyone needs a thesis from devs to justify that choice.

this is to @adity too

@Sach4life

Thanks. You make sense. Why not engage in such decent discussion instead of retorting to name calling? Let me put it the other way round. List of Sony PS studios/exclusive games revealed:

> Horizon 2 (The first one is one of my favorite games of all times)

> Spider Man( I have no issue with this, this is a misunderstanding, Miles is a cool character and is cannon.)

> Ratchet and Clank (Female Ratchet takes the spotlight)

> Sack Boy (Helped by 4 women, focus is on women)

> Project Athia (Looked cool but again lead is a female)

> Demon Souls Remake (Can't make the faceless knight a women)

Now, do you see a trend here? I am ok with representation, but the problem is, in the end, the production ends up like star wars rise of the skywalker because agenda takes precedence over story telling. (My favorite film series was butchered, now if playstation goes the same way, my childhood will be butchered)

My favorite games of this gen like A Plague tale innocence, HZD, Hellblade etc all have female leads. My favorite wrestler is the Rock, My favorite actor Rajinikanth and I am a dark skinned "madarasi"(settled in Kerala) who has been subject to racist remarks from Indian "northies".

I will fight against this by protesting, posting and supporting in the right way but this fight should not effect the purity of art. That is my only concern here. I enjoy authentic stories and am a connoisseur of good art/stories (I cant stand inconsistencies). My love for stories/art takes precedence over politics, identity and agenda.  

Please don't retort to abuse/name calling just because you disagree. It hurts and it sucks. Make your point, like you just did. 

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to articulately express myself by asking the right question. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Btw no release date for HZD2 right? For me next gen begins with that game. Spidey can wait.

No release date. Likely 2021 fall or 2022. 

Spidey looks like expansion/DLC type. Quick release made for PS5 launch.

Not much coming otherwise at launch. 

this is to [mention=15675]adity[/mention] too

[mention=13941]Sach4life[/mention]
Thanks. You make sense. Why not engage in such decent discussion instead of retorting to name calling? Let me put it the other way round. List of Sony PS studios/exclusive games revealed:

> Spider Man( I have no issue with this, this is a misunderstanding, Miles is a cool character and is cannon.)

Now, do you see a trend here? I am ok with representation, but the problem is, in the end, the production ends up like star wars rise of the skywalker because agenda takes precedence over story telling. (My favorite film series was butchered, now if playstation goes the same way, my childhood will be butchered)

My favorite games of this gen like A Plague tale innocence, HZD, Hellblade etc all have female leads. My favorite wrestler is the Rock, My favorite actor Rajinikanth and I am a dark skinned "madarasi"(settled in Kerala) who has been subject to racist remarks from Indian "northies".

I will fight against this by protesting, posting and supporting in the right way but this fight should not effect the purity of art. That is my only concern here. I enjoy authentic stories and am a connoisseur of good art/stories (I cant stand inconsistencies). My love for stories/art takes precedence over politics, identity and agenda.  

Please don't retort to abuse/name calling just because you disagree. It hurts and it sucks. Make your point, like you just did. 

Thanks for giving me this opportunity to articulately express myself by asking the right question. 

Again, i don't understand your point. How does having 5 games with a female lead or component compromising in art or quality? Did you have the same feeling when literally every game used to have only white males? Were they compromising on the purity of art as well at that time?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, kmkaks said:

For one sec there, I thought this was real. Kudos to your creativity, if you made this!

I didn't. Thought it was pretty fun when I saw. 

5 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Btw no release date for HZD2 right? For me next gen begins with that game. Spidey can wait.

No release date. Likely 2021 fall or 2022. 

Spidey looks like expansion/DLC type. Quick release made for PS5 launch.

Not much coming otherwise at launch. 

this is to [mention=15675]adity[/mention] too

[mention=13941]Sach4life[/mention]

Again, i don't understand your point. How does having 5 games with a female lead or component compromising in art or quality? Did you have the same feeling when literally every game used to have only white males? Were they compromising on the purity of art as well at that time?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Suddenly the MS disaster doesnt look like such a shitshow anymore does it. :lol:

Barely anything in there looks next gen and the only big first party game they could bring to it was Horizon sequel. :doh:

Should a called it PS5 indie showcase. 

24 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Spidey game is DLC rushed for launch but it will sell big for obvious reasons. 

HZD 2 fall 2021 i think