The Playstation 5 thread

Wow, not the discussion I was expecting while logging in to share my excitement. 

Anyway, so freaking psyched. Loved half of the game announcements, console design looks great and gameplay clips were terrific.

Was kinda expecting Bloodborne sequel but Demon souls remaster should do for now. 

Fingers crossed India pricing is not too steep. 

Edited by gecko89

13 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

1> No, I did not say I am not okay with your view. I said I am apprehensive about the direction that sony is taking because there is a high probability that they will go overboard like many hollywood studios.

See, you have misunderstood the basis of my arguement, which is

> don't go overboard with anyhting,

> don't force agenda, instead make people understand through your work like Ridley Scott, James Cameroon, Neil Druckmann did.

> don't exclude males to include females, then you are being hypocrites just like the old males who excluded females. Instead find balance. Be better.

Did you complain when Keanu Reeves made an appearance on stage during Cyberpunk showcase? that was a PR stunt, right or agenda in your terms.  It is oveboarding, correct? There was no need to bring him on stage. Would you refuse to play cyberpunk in that case, since there was an agenda to boost sales?

2 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

How do you exactly know that there is agenda at play when a female lead is there and they didn't want to make a game like that? Do you similarly shout 'right wing agenda' when 95% of the games we see have plain vanilla white males showing uber masculinity or are they automatically artistically pure because there is no female there?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Please don't put a label on my ideals. I am neither right nor left. I stand for what is truly liberal. 

About my intuition about agenda, I have already mentioned that I arrived at my conclusion based on the cue's given by the Company, it may be right or it may be wrong, but I have explained that I concluded that there is higher probability of it being right on the basis of recent creative endeavors from hollywood/the west. 

And, to your question about the artistic pureness of uber masculinity. Uber masculinity was produced because it was easy to sell. It made money. Pure art has always been liberal. I was never a proponent of masculinity in any of my posts. 

1 minute ago, kmkaks said:

Please don't put a label on my ideals. I am neither right nor left. I stand for what is truly liberal. 

About my intuition about agenda, I have already mentioned that I arrived at my conclusion based on the cue's given by the Company, it may be right or it may be wrong, but I have explained that I concluded that there is higher probability of it being right on the basis of recent creative endeavors from hollywood/the west. 

And, to your question about the artistic pureness of uber masculinity. Uber masculinity was produced because it was easy to sell. It made money. Pure art has always been liberal. I was never a proponent of masculinity in any of my posts. 

I still don't get your point. They show some games with females leads or a female component and you are shouting agenda and identity politics. Anyway, no point taking this further in this thread. Bye. 

34 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

Did you complain when Keanu Reeves made an appearance on stage during Cyberpunk showcase? that was a PR stunt, right or agenda in your terms.  It is oveboarding, correct? There was no need to bring him on stage. Would you refuse to play cyberpunk in that case, since there was an agenda to boost sales?

Nope, I did not, because I do not care enough for Keanu or Cyberpunk, to think or feel apprehensive about them.

@Sach4life   @adity  @STICK3Rboy

I love playstation, because playstation is about games. Playstation is liberal, it produced art. It could explore any theme irrespective of identity, politics, issues etc. Now, I am afraid, the brand could* be curtailed by the need to make a point. The studio higher up will say "Make all game leads women, women should not loose, women can not be shown to be weak."  and now I will be forced to go through an experience made by creative people but "subject to restrictions imposed by politics".  This is my gripe. This is my sorrow.

I would have had the same issue if the same theme was followed in reverse, wherein a head says "Make all heroes men, Men should not die, Men can not be shown to be weak."

I only ask "Let the creators decide. Let the market decide."  IMO, Liberality is freedom and creativity.

I did not mean to demean or hurt anyone/race/religion/gender. I can explain clearly now thanks to the questions raised by y'all. Thats why I love IVG.

I don't know how to put my point across in a better way. My initial posts would have appeared crude, but that could have been because of my inexperience in writing.

Cheers and Peace. To the likes of Adity and Sach4life, please don't abuse again. Instead lets discuss. I have been called a@shole, MFK, Sh!t twice now, here and in the star wars discussion because I did not agree with you guys.

About my intuition about agenda, I have already mentioned that I arrived at my conclusion based on the cue's given by the Company, it may be right or it may be wrong, but I believe I have the sense to grasp the feelers put out by a brand I have been following for years.

Edited by kmkaks

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

Ratchet and Clank, GT7 are not "big first party games"??

How could I forget Ratchet and Clank. The game is a multi million seller. 

Because it gets bundled with every PS5 sold for like 4 years. :rofl:

Its PS's version of Viva Pinata or Fable. Only people that give a sh*t are fanboys who need to make a list.  

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Astro and his crew lead you on a magical introduction through PS5 in this fun platformer that comes pre-loaded on PS5. Explore four worlds, each based on PS5’s console components. Each area showcases innovative gameplay that taps into the new features of the PS5's DualSense wireless controller. Astro's Playroom is coming to PlayStation 5.

WTF!! I thought this is the VR sequel :( 

Many big names from the third parties are missing. Batman, Harry Potter, COD, Silent Hill, Wolfenstein, Starfield, Etc 

Any other big event coming up other the EA Play, Ubisoft and the July Xbox events?

Is there another event planned by Sony? They are yet to give the price, release date of the console and many of those games. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Just remove HZD 2 from the list and the launch seems like a sh*t show. What do i do with the design? Pair it with my pants and shoes?

The only thing I am excited for is HZD2. They could have just launched last of us 2 along with ps5 and it would have done some good.

I was getting disappointed in the initial part of the show when Sony showed off a remaster of GTAV and many many child and indie like games amid a couple of big guns like Spiderman and GT7. Ghostwire Tokyo is not something I want to play despite coming from a great like Mikami. 

Then the big graphic rich games Resident Evil VIII, Demon Souls Remake and Horizon 2 came and ended off on a high note with the PS5 design.

8/10. Only Spiderman is coming this 2020. Many games seem to come next year may be largely in part to COVID.  Could have shown off more big guns especially for the hardcore category,  or maybe Sony is keeping them for another event.

5 hours ago, kmkaks said:

Agreed but its disheartening how a couple of them started abusing and name calling me. I did not make an offensive post anyways.

As I said, deal with it. There is no point arguing. 

Earlier, when we were kids, the gaming audience was primarily male, and that too mostly white. Even the developers were mostly white males. So obviously they will write stories that relate to them or what their target demographic relate to. Times progressed, diversity came in audience and in creators, so you can see the change happening in products too. If it's bad and shoved down your throat, like lady Ghostbusters, it will fail. If its done organically like Miles Morales in comics or HZD in games, it will succeed. I mean we did have great female character driven SciFi movies like Alien, Terminator etc, so same should have continued instead of changing male characters to female version. That's just lazy.

Don't worry about it too much, it's just world correcting its course. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

• Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Horizon Forbidden West 
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Demon’s Souls

Thank god you summarized this

I thought i'd have to go back 10 pages digging :rofl:

I watched the whole event just now. Thank god I decided to skip watching live. So many indie games I had to speed up the video.

Also what the *bleep* who starts with GTA5? What a weird choice. :doh:

Deathloop was my favourite game from the event. Looked really interesting. 

39 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

As I said, deal with it. There is no point arguing. 

Earlier, when we were kids, the gaming audience was primarily male, and that too mostly white. Even the developers were mostly white males. So obviously they will write stories that relate to them or what their target demographic relate to. Times progressed, diversity came in audience and in creators, so you can see the change happening in products too. If it's bad and shoved down your throat, like lady Ghostbusters, it will fail. If its done organically like Miles Morales in comics or HZD in games, it will succeed. I mean we did have great female character driven SciFi movies like Alien, Terminator etc, so same should have continued instead of changing male characters to female version. That's just lazy.

Don't worry about it too much, it's just world correcting its course. 

Female lead and diversity is a fad, and the game devs are mainly white liberals and so are the gamers who buy these types of games, eventually the market will get saturated and they will switch back to white male protags i think.

As long as game is good idc anyway.

Also wtf ps5 design :rofl:

I mean it's not as bad as the Xfridge but still :rofl:

Only good thing is it's meant to be vertical so it will save space, i can keep it right next to my PC, unlike the xshoebox that spreads infinitely in all directions.

59 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Just remove HZD 2 from the list and the launch seems like a sh*t show. What do i do with the design? Pair it with my pants and shoes?

The only thing I am excited for is HZD2. They could have just launched last of us 2 along with ps5 and it would have done some good.

LOU2 will be definitely playable at Launch on PS5, they just don’t want to ding PS4 or Pro Sales by announcing that now,  there will be a trailer in October-November - LOU2 running on PS5 !!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Some how GT7 & Spider-Man MM didn’t look all that next gen to me 

RnC is what is showcasing the true power of PS5 

but it’s also not all that big leap in visuals that you expect in next Gen.

The GG space thriller & SE exclusive game also look good but nothing that feels Next Gen 

RE8 & HZD were the only two games that were a leap forward 

But still nothing even came close to the UE5 tech demo 

that video ruined everything 

anyway 

If SM MM & GT7 are exclusive for PS5 

then you have two big name killer apps at launch 

Not buying anytime soon though 

Dude as the gens pass the difference will be less and less perceptible,

also this is the start of the gen, you need to wait some 2-3 years more for the OMG NEXT GEN GRAPHICS :wOOtjumpy: games to appear.

Like someone showed me RDR2 and said this is on PS4XBONE/Midrange PC i wouldn't have believed it in 2015.

Same way i am playing God of War PS4 and i get mind blown how such detail is possible on PS4, Like even if the environments may not always look gorgeous, Kratos, his armor, axe all are excessively detailed, even the BOI.

5 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

How many were exclusive titles and how many were not in this event?

Spiderman: miles morales ( insomniac)

Gran turismo 7 ( PD)

Ratchet & clank (insomniac)

Horizon 2 ( GG)

Returnal ( Housemarquee)

Sackboy's big adventure (sumo)

Destruction all stars (lucid)

Demons souls (bluepoint)

Astro playworld ( japan) pre-installed on PS5

Godfall (counterplay/gearbox) timed exclusive

Project athia ( square enix)

Deathloop ( Bethesda/Ariane) timed exclusive

Ghostwire Tokyo ( tango/Bethesda) timed exclusive

Not sure about the indies, but some of them might be timed exclusive as well. 

• Thanks 1