The Playstation 5 thread

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ok, so what's everyone take on digital only PS5 edition? Everyone hated Xbox digital edition when it was released, so what now? You guys still hate it or gonna buy a disc less version?  :P

Its probably a cheaper  version, which makes me even more nervous about the price considering they plan to release a cheaper discless version at launch.

Ok, so what's everyone take on digital only PS5 edition? Everyone hated Xbox digital edition when it was released, so what now? You guys still hate it or gonna buy a disc less version?  [emoji14]

If disc version will run a good number of PS4 discs out of the box, then I think most of us would prefer regular version, although disc less version looks more sleek.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ok, so what's everyone take on digital only PS5 edition? Everyone hated Xbox digital edition when it was released, so what now? You guys still hate it or gonna buy a disc less version?  :P

Nobody would buy the digital version in India considering the 100GB AAA games and slow internet speeds. 

36 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Also, did the new graphics wow anybody ? Seems more or less the same as ps4, I think we won't see the jump from ps2->ps3 in any of the consoles again :(

Start of gen always like this. Only few stands out but rest look alright. 

HZD 2 and RE8 look next gen imo. 

Ok, so what's everyone take on digital only PS5 edition? Everyone hated Xbox digital edition when it was released, so what now? You guys still hate it or gonna buy a disc less version?  [emoji14]

If disc version will run a good number of PS4 discs out of the box, then I think most of us would prefer regular version, although disc less version looks more sleek.

45 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Spiderman: miles morales ( insomniac)

Gran turismo 7 ( PD)

Ratchet & clank (insomniac)

Horizon 2 ( GG)

Returnal ( Housemarquee)

Sackboy's big adventure (sumo)

Destruction all stars (lucid)

Demons souls (bluepoint)

Astro playworld ( japan) pre-installed on PS5

Godfall (counterplay/gearbox) timed exclusive

Project athia ( square enix)

Deathloop ( Bethesda/Ariane) timed exclusive

Ghostwire Tokyo ( tango/Bethesda) timed exclusive

Not sure about the indies, but some of them might be timed exclusive as well. 

Woah!

Bethesda, SE, Gearbox, Housemarquee like companies too have been dealing with Sony for timed exclusives. 

Sony is investing huge in second and third party console exclusives.

I, think Lucid games and Teamkill's indie titles are also timed exclusive. 

16 exclusive titles were shown including timed and indies.

If , the console price is reasonable then I think it will be the first preference for gamers. 

5 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I have a feeling Sony will make backwards compatibility digital only, making people re buy all the games digitally.

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

I have a feeling Sony will make backwards compatibility digital only, making people re buy all the games digitally.

Sony not doing smart delivery?  They gonna make us buy upgraded versions?

12 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

The problem with SAD was that it was more expensive than One S. Whichever genius decided that price tag (and acronym) needs a raise :lol: 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

PS5 will be default console for everyone coz it has games not on PC.

XSX is only for those who don't own PC but if you do then it's useless. 

Haha you're pretty upfront about it nice :)

Although the sound of lying back on the couch and driving around in Forza Horizon is really appealing to me now hehe

9 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Woah!

Bethesda, SE, Gearbox, Housemarquee like companies too have been dealing with Sony for timed exclusives. 

Sony is investing huge in second and third party console exclusives.

I, think Lucid games and Teamkill's indie titles are also timed exclusive. 

16 exclusive titles were shown including timed and indies.

If , the console price is reasonable then I think it will be the first preference for gamers. 

Just went through their YT channel. Every single indie game announced today is console exclusive (full or timed). Many of them are launching on both PS4-PS5

1 minute ago, adity said:

Rather than charging station, get a simple USB hub and charge all controller with it. Headphones maybe a buy for some people but hardly a must buy either. 

I was afraid they'd get rid of the headphone jack in the controller, making us all buy a new wirless headset (which would have been the Sony PS5 one for most people)

Glad they didn't do that. I use a wired gaming headset. 

5 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

That will be a pain I admit. But since Xbox provided backward compatibility with discs, I was hoping Sony would as well. 

6 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

How could I forget Ratchet and Clank. The game is a multi million seller. 

Because it gets bundled with every PS5 sold for like 4 years. :rofl:

Its PS's version of Viva Pinata or Fable. Only people that give a sh*t are fanboys who need to make a list.  

Yeah, with that statement I dont think you have even played Ratchet and Clank. That game is at par with most Sony first party games.

If it was knack I would have agreed but Ratchet and Clank is amazing.

• Like 1

Well NOTHING and absolutely NOTHING warrants to buy either of the console day one, not that it will launch on day one here anyway. Not even one single game made me feel like oh man this is it, I need to play it, I am getting a ps5 or xsx for this. Nadda, zero, shunya. 

The games shown looks decent but guess PS4 pro and Xbox one x can handle all of them too. The next gen is going to be a marginal upgrade at launch, maybe as the gen matures we will get some better looking games. The current consoles were no slouch. 

Design is better then xsx, but still eye sore, those lights, specially when vertical will be a distraction, hopefully can be switched off. I will probably need to hide away both consoles then displaying them. 

Sony has a brilliant band of first party developers and the games will eventually show up, but they aren't showing up in first year by the looks of it. 

• Like 1

Agreed, first year won't have much HZD2 isn't a launch title.Spidey: Miles for PS5 is gonna be like expanded DLC mostly, although those who have finished Spidey 1 DLC will definitely play this as the DLC was really, really amazing (2nd to Witcher 3 DLC imo) 

The only reason for which I might pick it up at launch would be Backwards Compatibility with ps4 games, next gen is going to more about the resolution than the overall graphics I think. Just play GOD OF WAR on PS PRO + 4K HDR MONITOR, toggle between the resolution/performance mode and you'd know, that difference in visuals can SIMPLY NOT BE CAPTURED on camera, hence the next gen upgrade can hardly be seen in streams anyway :P

I am playing AC: Odyssey on a 4K HDR10 monitor right now (I know PS PRO one isn't native 4k) but it almost feels a GENERATION ahead of ORIGINS which I played in 1080P on normal PS4. All I want form PS5 (for a day1 purchase) is to play PS4 Games in native 4K or somehow enhance the experience with a 4K HDR setup without the developers doing anything maybe. If that cannot happen then I'd wait till HZD launch. 

Sony should give clarity on backwards compatibility asap. I know they've already confirmed it for "Top 100 PS4 games" but that isn't enough. Will it enhance the experience somehow? That needs to be answered asap. 

Ya the real reason I see myself upgrading is that I can quickly sell ps4 pro for a decent price, and invest in ps5 and offset the entry cost. Hopefully UC games and GOW game are backward compatible. 

Maybe just maybe the mid life upgrade will be digital only and then that will make the one with disc that more desirable, like how the fat ps3 had backward disc compatability with ps2 games, but dropped later.