The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, SRINI87 said:

Nobody is talking about Nba21k's graphics

?

That looked next gen

Sure but its NBA. 

Even if NBA looked exactly the same as on the PS4, people wouldn't complain much. And as we can see from majority of the indie stuff we saw yesterday, Horizon is the only thing which will (hopefully) show off the PS5 in all its grandeur. Sure, even Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 and RDR2 look incredible on a PS4 Pro but its now the benchmark isnt it.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

'

Both of last generations consoles look so good compared to this gens BS :doh: One looks like a sci fi fan render from 2010 youtube video made in movie maker and the other is a fridge

I definitely agree with you. The OG PS4 and the Xbox one S are the sexiest consoles of all time. 

4 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

I definitely agree with you. The OG PS4 and the Xbox one S are the sexiest consoles of all time. 

You can't compare PS4 with one s. One s didn't launch alongside. 

My take on the Digital Only version of the PS5:-

Differential pricing of two different SKUs having the exact same specifications at launch (that is simultaneous) is highly risky for Sony. Some are saying all digital version would be way cheaper (around $100). I think this is highly unlikely as people would then buy the all digital version only and the sales of the normal version (with Blue Ray drive) would take a massive hit. Secondly, it may piss off Sony's offline retailers and partners as well as people would buy only digital copies (removing the middle men in a way). (Same logic applies to Digital Version of a game being priced similar to the physical version at launch).

I think both the units would be priced exactly the same, if not, then similarly. SOny can offer a higher storage capacity (2tb) for the digital version to justify the increased price. Else the cheaper version may eat up the sales of the costlier alternative

TBH, I dont really see the need of an all digital console anyways. THose who want digital games can still download games irrespective of a drive. I also like how MS is going about it i.e. an underpowered and cheaper version of the console which is all digital.

Edited by radicaldude

10 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

My take on the Digital Only version of the PS5:-

Differential pricing of two different SKUs having the exact same specifications at launch (that is simultaneous) is highly risky for Sony. Some are saying all digital version would be way cheaper (around $100). I think this is highly unlikely as people would then buy the all digital version only and the sales of the normal version (with Blue Ray drive) would take a massive hit. Secondly, it may piss off Sony's offline retailers and partners as well as people would buy only digital copies (removing the middle men in a way). (Same logic applies to Digital Version of a game being priced similar to the physical version at launch).

I think both the units would be priced exactly the same, if not, then similarly. SOny can offer a higher storage capacity (2tb) for the digital version to justify the increased price. Else the cheaper version may eat up the sales of the costlier alternative

TBH, I dont really see the need of an all digital console anyways. THose who want digital games can still download games irrespective of a drive. I also like how MS is going about it i.e. an underpowered and cheaper version of the console which is all digital.

Yup. that's what I was thinking as well. But gamepass & psnow will do that in future anyway so I guess this gen Sony & Xbox will piss the retailers off equally hence this would get negated over time.

Digital only console imo was purely designed to make a cheaper variant so that digital only buyers who don't touch discs (there are many) can save money easily and reward sony more over time via digital software sales.

1 minute ago, rAgHaV said:

Yup. that's what I was thinking as well. But gamepass & psnow will do that in future anyway so I guess this gen Sony & Xbox will piss the retailers off equally hence this would get negated over time.

Digital only console imo was purely designed to make a cheaper variant so that digital only buyers who don't touch discs (there are many) can save money easily and reward sony more over time via digital software sales.

Some might even stop stocking/keep extremely limited stocks of their consoles, if they get pissed off real bad.

^^ yup I think they might even stop stocking the normal consoles, don't think that any one of them is going to stock the disc less version. But, ultimately beggars can't be choosers, they'd simply give away their sales to amazon or other online players. The disc market is slowly going, I think soon we will be in a time where Sony & MS can maybe afford to piss them off and get away with it. (maybe we are there already) I am someone who hardly buys anything digitally only because I can play and then sell the disc so would always want discs to exist as some license selling/reselling system for digital versions is never going to happen.

Edited by rAgHaV

29 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

^^ yup I think they might even stop stocking the normal consoles, don't think that any one of them is going to stock the disc less version. But, ultimately beggars can't be choosers, they'd simply give away their sales to amazon or other online players. The disc market is slowly going, I think soon we will be in a time where Sony & MS can maybe afford to piss them off and get away with it. (maybe we are there already) I am someone who hardly buys anything digitally only because I can play and then sell the disc so would always want discs to exist as some license selling/reselling system for digital versions is never going to happen.

I think they would launch the digital only versions in select regions only. In India, people are price sensitive and digital only games would be in a way turn out to be costlier. 

7 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Halo Infinite and Gears 6 will run at 60 FPS.

On PC  :giggle:

Not on Xdabba

Well Gears 5 is 4k60 on X in SP and mp. Same goes for Halo.

Gears 5 getting upgrade for XSX with native 4k60 at ultra in SP and 120fps mode for multiplayer 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mspoweruser.com/gears-5-xbox-series-x-120fps-multiplayer/amp/

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71274/gears-5-runs-at-ultra-pc-settings-on-xbox-series/amp.html

MS puts multiple graphics options and frame rate options in some games. I want this to be norm for next gen for both ps5 and seriesX. 

Want graphics and high frame rate option. 

Btw where is that original XBOX in that pic. That console was HUGE (but very sexy) I remember getting it from palika and then returning it within a day as it was an ntsc console and my tv was pal region hence display was all black and white. That famous palika shop sardarji was kind enough to take it back. This was like 18yrs back. :rofl: I wanted it only for some Midtown Madness sequel that was OG Xbox exclusive. My cousins and I used to follow all traffic rules in midtown madness games :fear:

Edited by rAgHaV