The Playstation 5 thread

50 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

PC gaming is even more expensive now. There are SSDs for pc much faster than PS5 SSD, but heard they very expensive, so yeah consoles best choice for next gen till PC components are reasonably priced  

As far XSX vs PS5 loading is concerned them PS5 will load definitely faster than XSX SSD but i doubt difference will be night and day. You will see 5 to 8 secs difference max. If PS5 loads instantly then XSX will take 5 secs. It will not 20-30 secs difference xP

Ideally, it should take twice as much time, not 5 times (since it's twice as fast).

Realistically though, 2x speed doesn't directly translate over to loading time. A lot of things contribute to that. So, there's no knowing until the developers get used to the systems properly. I'd give it a couple of years or more.

Edit: At the start of a gen, optimisations, a lot of times, are determined by how well the high-level API is written and the raw throughput of the H/W.

Edited by -13-

2 hours ago, pArth said:

Really missing that evolution studios game. :(

Driveclub was good and I f**king loved motorstorm :( 

Pacific rift is one of the most memorable ps3 game for me.

very true ...both are such good games. Sucks to see that they were shut down.

I also wanted sony to retain zipper interactive but that too was shut down.....MAG & socom series was so awesome. Would have loved to play mag 2. Ah well :'(

6 minutes ago, kold_war said:

very true ...both are such good games. Sucks to see that they were shut down.

I also wanted sony to retain zipper interactive but that too was shut down.....MAG & socom series was so awesome. Would have loved to play mag 2. Ah well :'(

driveclub studio was shut down?

y tho?

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Driveclub really f**ked up the launch and it sold terribly. They made it amazing later on but that was clearly not enough. A lot of the staff was absorbed by codemasters. The team made Onrush which as well all know was hot trash. 

Very sad.

Driveclub was all the rage on IVG for MP back in 2015 afaik, the only other popular game was Destiny.

I still have the driveclub disc.Never played it that much because i'm sh*t at these "proper" racing games.

4 minutes ago, adity said:

Driveclub really f**ked up the launch and it sold terribly. They made it amazing later on but that was clearly not enough. A lot of the staff was absorbed by codemasters. The team made Onrush which as well all know was hot trash. 

When I saw that Onrush trailer I thought we were finally gonna have something like motorstorm. :| 

37 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

driveclub studio was shut down?

y tho?

29 minutes ago, adity said:

ya pretty much what @adity said......copy pasta from the evolution studios wiki page

On 23 March 2015, 55 staff members were cut from Evolution Studio, which sources say is approximately half the studio. The redundancies have been described by Sony as a way to focus the studio on developing Driveclub as a service.[2] On 22 March 2016, Sony announced that Evolution Studios was closed.[3] On 11 April 2016, the development team joined Codemasters.[4] Codemasters' CEO Frank Sagnier said that the acquisition of the fifteen year-long development practice of Evolution Studios allows the two racing game developers to pool their "shared DNA, passion and talents". Codemasters has allowed the previous employees of Evolution Studios to retain their own unique style.[5]

After the disappointing sales of their next game Onrush, several members of the Codemasters EVO development division were let go in redundancies, including game director Paul Rustchynsky and the division was shifted to a support role for other Codemasters titles.[6]

driveclub was so good. Ah well hopefully codemasters realize their mistakes and create a better game than onrush

38 minutes ago, pArth said:

When I saw that Onrush trailer I thought we were finally gonna have something like motorstorm. :| 

Ah MotorStorm now that was an amazing fun arcade racing game, Frak sony for killing it.

PC gaming is even more expensive now. There are SSDs for pc much faster than PS5 SSD, but heard they very expensive, so yeah consoles best choice for next gen till PC components are reasonably priced  

PC is used for a lot more than just gaming, plus with the cheaper games it turns out to be roughly equal if you do the maths.

Also for the SSD, wait for the PS5 method of reading data get mainstream in games, it will also perculate to cheaper ssd on PC which are specifically designed using that logic.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

PC is used for a lot more than just gaming, plus with the cheaper games it turns out to be roughly equal if you do the maths.

Also for the SSD, wait for the PS5 method of reading data get mainstream in games, it will also perculate to cheaper ssd on PC which are specifically designed using that logic.

2 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Lol zodka now has the hots for Xsex, once he gets disappointed  with it he'll transform into PC Master Race just to sh*t on PS5 from a different angle :lol:

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

As like others said PC can do much more activities other than gaming. Also one can mod PC games,use trainers and free multiplayer (possible but sony and microsoft won't give it for free) which is not possible in a console 

Edited by Engineer

30 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think it’s about time Sony & M$ remove multiplayer from the pay wall

I don't think that is going to happen, all thanks to MS for showing the way and Sony gladly following them.

PlayStation Plus reaches 41.5m subscribers, Subscriptions rose by 2.7 million in the first three months of 2020 alone

Xbox Live has nearly 90 million monthly active users

29 minutes ago, AnK said:

It was a dick move to begin with

most of the popular MP games in today’s age are F2P anyway 

It’s subscriptions that ppl should pay for 

Sony hasn’t improved any substantial online features anyway 

It’s almost exactly same how it was before except party chat in OS(which is an OS thing)

XBlive also played exactly same till the time I played on 360 

What’s the reason or logic behind this loot is beyond me 

& XFagots never complain about this so it got imposed on PSN too 

I must have payed atleast 25k needlessly over the years 

never even touched more than two-three PSplus games 

Yeah. MS f**ked the Xbox one launch really bad. With the used games license, always online non sense. Sony charging for online mp hardly got any hate all because MS took it to another level first and then retracted :rofl:

Sony was killer in ps3 gen. Online mp was free and plus games were really good. At one point they used to give 2 ps3, 1 ps4 and 2 vita games a month I think. Uncharted Vita was also on plus and its a really good game. 

29 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s subscriptions that ppl should pay for 

Sony hasn’t improved any substantial online features anyway 

It’s almost exactly same how it was before except party chat in OS(which is an OS thing)

XBlive also played exactly same till the time I played on 360 

What’s the reason or logic behind this loot is beyond me 

& XFagots never complain about this so it got imposed on PSN too 

I must have payed atleast 25k needlessly over the years 

never even touched more than two-three PSplus games 

The reason was that Sony saw the money that MS was getting from 10 year old Americunt kids wanting to f**k each other's mums at CoD on X360 , so they too decided to cash in.

This scam took off in the first place because PS3 was totally btfo for the first ~3 years post launch by the X360, so all Americunts, Euros, Aus/Nz ppls all were on Xbox and happily forked out the cash.

Now since both are doing it we are stuck with this loot.

Thank god i'm not that much into MP anyway, and all i use my PS4 is the exclusives that are mostly single player, On PC i mostly play BF4 and Dota 2, i used to play Destiny 2 also but no  friends comitted to playing :/

44 minutes ago, AnK said:

You don't need PSN sub to play F2P games. So Fortnite, CoD Warzone, Apex Legends, RB6 Siege etc don't need MP sub. 

4 minutes ago, adity said:

Seige isn't f2p

Although they keep doing free to play weekends and stuff all the time, might as well just make it free. 

I want some local multiplayer though. I spent most of my time on the PS3 with 3 of my friends, usually in BO2/BO3 Deathmatches, Zombies mode or racing games and FIFA.

Once we all switched to PS4, we stopped doing that. We still play Apex Legends online together but its not the same.