The Playstation 5 thread

Lol zodka now has the hots for Xsex, once he gets disappointed  with it he'll transform into PC Master Race just to sh*t on PS5 from a different angle [emoji38]

Don't think he will ever come to the PC side given how much he hates Xbox games being available on PC completely disregarding all the love that they are getting for it.
I think it’s about time Sony & M$ remove multiplayer from the pay wall 

It was a dick move to begin with
most of the popular MP games in today’s age are F2P anyway 

It’s subscriptions that ppl should pay for 
Sony hasn’t improved any substantial online features anyway 
It’s almost exactly same how it was before except party chat in OS(which is an OS thing)

XBlive also played exactly same till the time I played on 360 

What’s the reason or logic behind this loot is beyond me 
& XFagots never complain about this so it got imposed on PSN too 

I must have payed atleast 25k needlessly over the years 
never even touched more than two-three PSplus games 
The funny thing is that they take money for MP and don't even provide the servers. The servers are still provided by the publisher. Not really sure what are they charging for? The sad part is most people accept it and don't revolt. So what if Xbox had it, if PS users wanted they could have revolted against this decision on Sony but guess they were more than happy to pay more money to them.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Lol zodka now has the hots for Xsex, once he gets disappointed  with it he'll transform into PC Master Race just to sh*t on PS5 from a different angle [emoji38]

Don't think he will ever come to the PC side given how much he hates Xbox games being available on PC completely disregarding all the love that they are getting for it.

It’s almost exactly same how it was before except party chat in OS(which is an OS thing)

The funny thing is that they take money for MP and don't even provide the servers. The servers are still provided by the publisher. Not really sure what are they charging for? The sad part is most people accept it and don't revolt. So what if Xbox had it, if PS users wanted they could have revolted against this decision on Sony but guess they were more than happy to pay more money to them.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

& **** never complain about this so it got imposed on PSN too 

Can you please refrain from using such derogatory language?

Edited by -13-

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Realtime multiplayer costs a lot of money to setup and operate.
If they make it free they would struggle for upkeep  while maintaining same QoS.

I think this was a right move Sony made with PS4,  learning  that XboxLive dominated the PS3 vs 360 era.

If they make it free they would struggle for upkeep  while maintaining same QoS.

I think this was a right move Sony made with PS4,  learning  that XboxLive dominated the PS3 vs 360 era.

The servers are maintained by the publisher, the link by the ISP, not really sure what are we playing Sony/MS for?

The servers are maintained by the publisher, the link by the ISP, not really sure what are we paying Sony/MS for?

55 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

The servers are maintained by the publisher, the link by the ISP, not really sure what are we playing Sony/MS for?

We're all just playing with each other.

"The trailer currently sits at a whopping 22 million views, but the impressive part is the like-dislike ratio. It's got 1.1 million likes -- again, the most liked video on the company's entire channel -- and only 48,000 dislikes."

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/ps5_console_reveal_trailer_is_now_playstations_most_liked_youtube_video

@i_rock098  @PhantomShade

Lol i already own and playing on PC for years. Heaven angel nd all see my daily playing :D. I most probably own more games than you on PC :D

Beyaatch i don't choose sides.Side choosing is done by who play, who play on one platform for ever exclusively.

You all say some funny sh*t. :lol; 

Edited by WhiteWolf

15 hours ago, pArth said:

Really missing that evolution studios game. :(

Driveclub was good and I f**king loved motorstorm :( 

Pacific rift is one of the most memorable ps3 game for me.

Motorstorm was epic fun. That little hint of roadrash, the amazing soundtrack and the environment. 

4 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

That is not true.

A lot of things are handled by MS/Sony even if Publishers are running their own servers.

Have a look at Playfab Azure which is widely used for Multiplayer Games for Xbox Live. 
On mobile, most of the games use Photon, which is very expensive. So even if you have Photon hosted servers in your premises, to cut cost, you would be still paying a licensing fee to Photon.

[mention=2437]i_rock098[/mention]  [mention=17805]PhantomShade[/mention]

I most probably own more games than you on PC [emoji3]

Weird flex but ok.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Even freakin  nintendo charges for online play now. No way sony or MS will give it to us for free.

Nintendo is the most stupid one. Because they turned it on in the middle of the generation, one day you were playing MK8 online for free and next day it asked for payment. Nothing else had changed except you got shitty NES games for free. It straight up felt like a ransom money, which is what it is.

That is not true.

A lot of things are handled by MS/Sony even if Publishers are running their own servers.
Have a look at Playfab Azure which is widely used for Multiplayer Games for Xbox Live. 
On mobile, most of the games use Photon, which is very expensive. So even if you have Photon hosted servers in your premises, to cut cost, you would be still paying a licensing fee to Photon.

This is not true is a very strong word. The Azure service which MS provides is a server hosting service which the game publisher pays for. They don't provide it for free out of the kindness of their hearts. That cost of hosting it on Azure is part of the price you pay for the game when you buy it. The publisher can use AWS if they wish does that mean you have to buy Amazon Live to play it? Does using AWS means you can play multi-player for free because Azure is not being used? Nope.

I am providing links of playfab azure pricing that the devs pay for using it for easy reference.

https://playfab.com/pricing/

I really hope we stop defending multi million dollar companies and ask justification for where my money is being used and why should I pay.

That is not true.

This is not true is a very strong word. The Azure service which MS provides is a server hosting service which the game publisher pays for. They don't provide it for free out of the kindness of their hearts. That cost of hosting it on Azure is part of the price you pay for the game when you buy it. The publisher can use AWS if they wish does that mean you have to buy Amazon Live to play it? Does using AWS means you can play multi-player for free because Azure is not being used? Nope.

I am providing links of playfab azure pricing that the devs pay for using it for easy reference.

I really hope we stop defending multi million dollar companies and ask justification for where my money is being used and why should I pay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

5 points for going there.

but do you know Azure still uses services developed by MS, SmartMatch, Identity management...and Developer may still use Xbox Live created services like Chat, even if they are having their own infra for things. 

Not every dev has resources to build their own backend.

All platform owners have to sell consoles at extremely low markup, many times at losses and that is considering just against cost of material, not the salaries, admin and marketing, but you say, it's ok they make commission from games. Then you want them to sell game cheaper online than disks, then you want a cheap subscription based system where games should be given free periodically or a sale running on weekly basis. Then you want Netflix like library of games where everything is free and only small monthly price has to be paid....then you want yearly pricedrop o consoles....it goes on.

In a perfect world online should be free of you should be paying per usage by milliseconds not a monthly fee.

But bissinesses have to make money and survive. Console business is not like Jio, the demand is much limited, online is the only sustainable way they can make money.

>People defending basically console wala taking hafta.

Pay-for-MP is basically an extension of universal 30% cut, except it's directed at the players.

The 30% cut is directed at publishers, you want your game on our system/platform/store you have to pay us.

Pay for MP is telling the players that they have to pay if they want to play the MP component of the game they have already Purchased :rofl:

the 30% is ok, how else will console wala make money from his console he spent so many millions to manufacture, market etc etc.

This all started when MS decided to give console users online MP, so they decided to milk it because nobody else was doing it yet, PS3 was btfo by $599 and no games, so they had a field run for quite  a while.

Now everyone including Nintendo :lol:  know it's basically free money on the table.