The Playstation 5 thread

Playing TLOU2 now and played Doom eternal before that on the PS4 Pro. These games, esp Tlou2, made me feel that the next gen is coming too early. I can really do with this level of games for the next 2-3 years. 

Also at this point, and going forward new gen upgrades will be not be as significant as previous gen transitions. So even if ND's next gen game is 1.5x as beautiful as TLOU2, I'll be okay with that.

Edited by pArth

I'd pick up the next gen consoles for the SSD upgrade alone. That's number one on my list. I absolutely hate games with crazy loading times. Stopped playing some games just because of that.

Edited by -13-
Grammar

13 minutes ago, -13- said:

I'd pick up the next gen consoles for the SSD upgrade alone. That's number one on my list. I absolutely hate games with crazy loading times. Stopped playing some games just because of that.

Yup. That is sounding like the most lucrative feature as almost non existent load times are not available in current pc SSDs as games are not designed with SSDs in mind. Once the next gen matures, we might even see reduction in game sizes as lot of the game assets are repeated redundantly to prevent loading from disk. Now no repetition will be needed. We will also see better level designs, no need to mask player view due to asset streaming etc. In the end it all depends on developers, but potential is there.

Edited by Big Boss

>be chewtia and buy 50k Alienware tower or Mini-fridge at launch.

>3 years later on the dot Alienware tower Slim and Pro come out, also equivalents for the mini fridge.

>also costs 50k for the Pro.

>buy that too

>1 lakh in Sony's pocket in hardware alone.

>5K a pop games
>buy on launch

>3k a year for privilege of MP

>pay that too.

I'll buy the PS5 Pro( or slim if there isn't a pro, which i doubt ) in 2023, with all fancy exclusives and proper price.

Got burnt with buying PS4 in 2015, collected dust whenever no exclusives, and then in 2017 they come up with PS4 Pro with all 4K HDR and all good stuff :rofl:

Also i hope the playstation studios don't sit on their a*s and take 6 years to put out one game

Yeah I feel like current gen didn't even start properly until 2016-17. Everything was crossgen crapola, which I remember people hated back then, and somehow calling it 'consumer friendly' now :lol:

This next gen is off to a great start though, with first year of PS5 alone sh*ting on everything we had for PS4 in 2013-14.

The biggest change is almost full 100% bc at launch on both consoles. You can just buy next gen console, pack your old console away and continue gaming. The games launching at that time will work, almost all older top games will work, hopefully even the saves carry over. This means no more dry spell at launch like last gen. 

34 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

The biggest change is almost full 100% bc at launch on both consoles. You can just buy next gen console, pack your old console away and continue gaming. The games launching at that time will work, almost all older top games will work, hopefully even the saves carry over. This means no more dry spell at launch like last gen. 

That is one of my main reasons for getting the consoles Day 1. The other being that I just love new tech. ?

SSD, more stable frame rate are more than enough for me to justify buying on Day 1.

BC games might not take full advantage but they will still perform better or atleast the same. But more and more games like Valhalla and Cyberpunk are receiving upgrades, so I will 100% prefer to play them on better tech.

I think it's stupid to argument that the console cycle will only kick in 3 years from now when they release PRO versions. It's like we want companies to not put forward the latest and greatest they have and sit ducks on R&D. 

By that logic why anyone should buy a tv or a phone or even a car when everyone knows a new one will come out in an year?

This gen launch is gonna be much better than last.

26 minutes ago, achilles said:

Boom! That'll be something. How soon? 

Aligned with how soon this covid crap settles, for now it will be a showpiece otherwise. 

4 hours ago, AtheK said:

This gen is going to be boring, the hardware on both looks meh, the jump in graphics won't be huge, only thing we can see is better frame rates :sadbye:

No graphics jump?

That UE5 demo n Horizon sold me PS5. We have never played with that graphical Fidelity before.

Tlou2 looks next gen on my launch ps4. On ps5,tlou2 quality will be on every game graphically which is a huge plus. I am surprised you have not picked up tlou2,huge mistake bro considering you aint buying ps5 at launch. Your TV is asking for Tlou2 :P You wont believe how it looks. 

Fast loading times are welcome. Native 4K is the real deal for me. 

Edited by hope

No graphics jump?

That UE5 demo n Horizon sold me PS5. We have never played with that graphical Fidelity before.

Tlou2 looks next gen on my launch ps4. On ps5,tlou2 quality will be on every game graphically which is a huge plus. I am surprised you have not picked up tlou2,huge mistake bro considering you aint buying ps5 at launch. Your TV is asking for Tlou2 [emoji14] You wont believe how it looks. 

I never liked the first one, will pick one later for cheap. Still have to start the remastered first part.

That demo will take mid life upgrade to come, demos can be deceiving. Will wait and watch.

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hope said:

No graphics jump?

Tlou2 looks next gen on my launch ps4. On ps5,tlou2 quality will be on every game graphically which is a huge plus. I am surprised you have not picked up tlou2,huge mistake bro considering you aint buying ps5 at launch. Your TV is asking for Tlou2 :P You wont believe how it looks. 

Hardly.

It all depends on how much the devs want to put in. Most devs dont go as far as ND does.

The fact that Batman was locked to 30fps even on PC at launch was incredible [emoji38] 
I think it was the first time in history where the publisher removed the game from store and refunded the buyers. That game was a train wreck on PC.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk