The Playstation 5 thread

What is the best way to make sure that I get it on launch day in India? I want to jump in day one this time as I left a few PS4 games to play on PS5- hopefully with enhanced graphics. Any tips to assure one at launch?

Also, what price are you guys expecting in India? I am expecting around 60000. Mentally preparing for 70000 too, though hopefully that wont be the case.

7 minutes ago, kittoo said:

What is the best way to make sure that I get it on launch day in India? I want to jump in day one this time as I left a few PS4 games to play on PS5- hopefully with enhanced graphics. Any tips to assure one at launch?

Also, what price are you guys expecting in India? I am expecting around 60000. Mentally preparing for 70000 too, though hopefully that wont be the case.

Best way is to hope that it's a global launch and pre order will be available. Otherwise, find a mule who can bring back from abroad maybe then you will have it on Day 1 (Indian Day 1).

I think 55k-60k (disc version).

Edited by kunjanp

20 minutes ago, Defender487 said:

does anyone know the at what price they gonna keep at the launch ?

They haven't made the price public, no one knows. Stipulating 399/449 for digital and 499 for disc based.

So expect anywhere from 50-60k range in India.

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Best way is to hope that it's a global launch and pre order will be available. Otherwise, find a mule who can bring back from abroad maybe then you will have it on Day 1 (Indian Day 1).

I think 55k-60k.

Is there a shortage in India on launch usually? When PS4 launched in India, were there shortages?
Whats the best place to preorder? Amazon? I dont want to pre-order at some shitty place which might cancel randomly a couple of days before launch. That has happened to a few games for me.

17 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Is there a shortage in India on launch usually? When PS4 launched in India, were there shortages?
Whats the best place to preorder? Amazon? I dont want to pre-order at some shitty place which might cancel randomly a couple of days before launch. That has happened to a few games for me.

You will easily get it in stores. Or else pre order from GTS

1 hour ago, kittoo said:

This is a poor country overall, and like everywhere else it seems to make sense for people to put 60-80k on a phone that they will upgrade in 2-3 years than on a console that will last 7 years. :rofl: so it's not as if PS will sell out on launch here

Shortages will be an issue if it is a global issue, like their Foxconn factory in shenzhen can't produce enough PS5's, in which case stocks will be diverted towards areas with demand like US and EU.

Your best bet to get PS5  at launch are at Sony Centers, GamesTheShop and maybe amazon india.

Probably getting it from Dubai would absolutely guarantee you on day one. Plus it would probably be cheaper to fly there and get one than the Indian pricing whatever it turns out to be.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Probably getting it from Dubai would absolutely guarantee you on day one. Plus it would probably be cheaper to fly there and get one than the Indian pricing whatever it turns out to be.

I am wary of getting a new product from abroad. Warranty issues. A new launch has its own issues and I dont want to be stuck with no recourse in case anything goes wrong as an early adopter.

I will try my best to get one on India launch though. Will scour Amazo, Gamestheshop and especisally Sony centres. Many people sleep on them but they usually get good stock and have them for longer as not many people are aware of them or purchase from them.

17 minutes ago, kittoo said:

I am wary of getting a new product from abroad. Warranty issues. A new launch has its own issues and I dont want to be stuck with no recourse in case anything goes wrong as an early adopter.

I will try my best to get one on India launch though. Will scour Amazo, Gamestheshop and especisally Sony centres. Many people sleep on them but they usually get good stock and have them for longer as not many people are aware of them or purchase from them.

Bro, there is no way it will be out of stock unless it's a global shortage. Most people in India don't buy a 40k console Day 1, let alone a 60k one, even ps4 pro seemed too out of place for people. People won't just abandon their ps4s. Sony centres, GTS, Amazon will surely have it in stock.

29 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Bro, there is no way it will be out of stock unless it's a global shortage. Most people in India don't buy a 40k console Day 1, let alone a 60k one, even ps4 pro seemed too out of place for people. People won't just abandon their ps4s. Sony centres, GTS, Amazon will surely have it in stock.

20 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Sony has already said there will be very limited ps5 at launch, but given how expensive consoles are at launch I think you would be ok. 

You both are right. Sony themselves said they are limiting the PS5s not because there are production issues but they dont expect the demand to be much because of the economic downturn due to the Chinese virus (:p).

So it depends on how much stock they allocate to India. But its true that most people will balk at anything crossing a price of 50000INR in India. Fingers crossed but should be able to get one if stock for India is even half decent.

14 minutes ago, kittoo said:

You both are right. Sony themselves said they are limiting the PS5s not because there are production issues but they dont expect the demand to be much because of the economic downturn due to the Chinese virus (:p).

So it depends on how much stock they allocate to India. But its true that most people will balk at anything crossing a price of 50000INR in India. Fingers crossed but should be able to get one if stock for India is even half decent.

There is never the sort of demand in India for game consoles that causes shortages :rofl: , it is only in case of global shortage that you won't get it here.

In your case it would be which outlet will get the stock first, ofc places with online like GTS and Amazon will be able to dispatch sooner, and your electronics chain stores will get PS5 stocks last.

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

There is never the sort of demand in India for game consoles that causes shortages :rofl: , it is only in case of global shortage that you won't get it here.

In your case it would be which outlet will get the stock first, ofc places with online like GTS and Amazon will be able to dispatch sooner, and your electronics chain stores will get PS5 stocks last.

Oh do Amazon etc get priority in stock in India? Even over Sony centres? And do they dispatch these things like a couple of days before the official release date, so that they reach us on release date, like in the US?

4 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Oh do Amazon etc get priority in stock in India? Even over Sony centres? And do they dispatch these things like a couple of days before the official release date, so that they reach us on release date, like in the US?

Bhai itna tension na le, there won't be any game to play on launch :P

13 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Bhai itna tension na le, there won't be any game to play on launch :P

That just might be true, but main PS4 ka backlog leke baitha hu iss hope main ki I will get enhanced versions to play via Backwards Compatibility on PS5. So, if nothing else, I will get to play Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman on launch day (hopefully). :)

2 minutes ago, kittoo said:

That just might be true, but main PS4 ka backlog leke baitha hu iss hope main ki I will get enhanced versions to play via Backwards Compatibility on PS5. So, if nothing else, I will get to play Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman on launch day (hopefully). :)

i will be extremely skeptical, maybe spiderman but others might take few months, though ND does have time to be ready with TLOU2. My suggestion play them on PS4 and have fun now, play them again on PS5 when you get time, believe me the difference wont be day and night but more like 8 to 9

Edited by AtheK

If you want day one with official warranty be ready to pay a bomb.

Any specific reason you want it only day one? Like it makes more logical sense to wait plus its not a life saving drug that needs to be bought day one only otherwise the world will end.

If it launches officially then it'll be between 40k-50k, if not then grey market will run wild with the price. Could be 70k-80k, who knows? When Switch launched it was going for 55k. Even official retailers like like Mcube tried to scalp people with Switch Lite (25k).

50 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

If you want day one with official warranty be ready to pay a bomb.

Any specific reason you want it only day one? Like it makes more logical sense to wait plus its not a life saving drug that needs to be bought day one only otherwise the world will end.

Just due to the backlog of PS4 I have. I sold my PS4 sometime back and there would be a few PS4 games I would want to play on PS5 day one, such as TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima. I know the day one lineup of PS5 itself is not that exciting. If Ratchet launches, I will get that day one and maybe Spiderman but thats about it.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

i will be extremely skeptical, maybe spiderman but others might take few months, though ND does have time to be ready with TLOU2. My suggestion play them on PS4 and have fun now, play them again on PS5 when you get time, believe me the difference wont be day and night but more like 8 to 9

But I sold my PS4 already :(

Sony has said that most of the games should be ready to play day one. So hopefully big ones like TLOU2 and GoT should be ready. Fingers crossed.

Yeah the difference wont be that big though, agreed.

Edited by kittoo

But I sold my PS4 already [emoji20]
Sony has said that most of the games should be ready to play day one. So hopefully big ones like TLOU2 and GoT should be ready. Fingers crossed.
Yeah the difference wont be that big though, agreed.
Well the decision is definitely yours, just that it's going to cost you dearly in the form of day one buyer tax. If you are mentally prepared for it no problem.