The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, playstationdude said:

Its highly unlikely MS will go bust because of GP or Xbox, but if in general MS goes down the affects will be felt by every IT employee. So you will care then :P

It is more likely the xbox walas will stop buying $60 games and be content with $1 buffet,so much so that MS doesn't find it worthwhile to have an xbox console and games for that platform.

Which will lead to them reducing Xbox to just a game pass app on your Win10 PC :devil:

In anycase subscription/streaming is the future, next gen will probably be the last where we have disc drive in consoles, $60/Game is obsolete model,apparently game development budgets exceed whatever $60/game sales may provide.

1 minute ago, adity said:

That's nonsense. $60 games earn plenty of money. Streaming money can never support the industry entirely. Movies earn most of their money from theatrical release, music streaming earns negligible amounts where the artists rely on merch and concerts for their income. 

Careful, you might be labelled as a corporate shill for stating the obvious way the business works. 

10 minutes ago, adity said:

That's nonsense. $60 games earn plenty of money. Streaming money can never support the industry entirely. Movies earn most of their money from theatrical release, music streaming earns negligible amounts where the artists rely on merch and concerts for their income. 

Wew, for movies i always used to think that they still release in theatres because they can make a fat pile of cash fast, meanwhile streaming etc is much more slower and gradual income.

Everywhere i hear screeching about how :wOOtjumpy: STREAMING IS THE FUTURE OF MOVIES AND TV, CABLE,DTH,MULTIPLEXES,BLU-RAY ALL BTFO :wOOtjumpy:

Or like how Spotify makes buying songs on iTunes or whatever obsolete.

Streaming model makes sense for smaller indie movies, but say something like Avengers which made near $3 Billion last year wouldn't have made as much if Marvel/Disney released it first on streaming. Even in this current pandemic, studios would rather delay their movies than release on streaming. 

But good thing about Spotify is that it has reduced music piracy a lot which was present in the 2000s. 

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

It is more likely the xbox walas will stop buying $60 games and be content with $1 buffet,so much so that MS doesn't find it worthwhile to have an xbox console and games for that platform.

Which will lead to them reducing Xbox to just a game pass app on your Win10 PC :devil:

In anycase subscription/streaming is the future, next gen will probably be the last where we have disc drive in consoles, $60/Game is obsolete model,apparently game development budgets exceed whatever $60/game sales may provide.

This 1$ deal is only for one /first time use . The following month is a 15$ subscription amount. Don’t know if you guys really don’t know or just  dumb to mention it as a 1$ sub for the sake of making fun of an exceptional ,consumer friendly gaming subscription. 

And you guys must be dumb to pay more than 1$. On PC I sub for 59 Rs, remove payment details, let the sub expire and get the deal 59 rs again. Rinse & repeat. Anyone who subs for a long time without using this method is a moron. 

This 1$ deal is only for one /first time use . The following month is a 15$ subscription amount. Don’t know if you guys really don’t know or just  dumb to mention it as a 1$ sub for the sake of making fun of an exceptional ,consumer friendly gaming subscription. 
Lol bro come on.. You and me both of us know how fast the messages come when 1 usd promo is up.. And it comes atleast thrice a year..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kittoo said:

How are you guys paying 1$ per month? I am paying like 300 odd rs every month once the promo expired. Do I need to create different accounts each month to get the $1 promo?

Its a meme afaik.

I got it for 50 rubees, then MS started taking 300-400, so cancelled then.

I wish GabeN put such a subscription service out 

1 hour ago, kittoo said:

How are you guys paying 1$ per month? I am paying like 300 odd rs every month once the promo expired. Do I need to create different accounts each month to get the $1 promo?

You only get offer once, but lot of people stacked gold sub and then upgraded. So technically MS still got that amount of money for gold from them. Probably people are creating new ids, but I only got offer once and now it shows 999 for a month for Ultimate. 

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

You only get offer once, but lot of people stacked gold sub and then upgraded. So technically MS still got that amount of money for gold from them. Probably people are creating new ids, but I only got offer once and now it shows 999 for a month for Ultimate. 

This is for xbox walas only or can PC guys also do this $1  trick :fear:

3-4 months ago they had all bomb games in game pass library on PC.

41 minutes ago, AtheK said:

The 1$ never ending deal is only for sony fanboys 

I had the $1 sub when it first showed up for me, I unsubbed a few days later and deleted my payment details. I just checked now and I have the $1 option again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Its a meme afaik.

I got it for 50 rubees, then MS started taking 300-400, so cancelled then.

I wish GabeN put such a subscription service out 

Its not MEME.

I used 50 RS sub for years.

There was a page on Xbox.com, if you click the offer from there is used to take to checkout with that promo applied.

This page was deep buried but I had bookmarked it and used to get it every time.