The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

They already do, been around since before GP. They just never advertise it as a primary reason to buy their consoles.

Sony doesnt need a subscription with day 1 games on it ,there games sell well enough. People will happily pay 70$ or 5k to play them , but please lets not compare ps now and gamepass. 

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Sony doesnt need a subscription with day 1 games on it ,there games sell well enough. People will happily pay 70$ or 5k to play them , but please lets not compare ps now and gamepass. 

It is hilarious even comparing the two. Only on IVG. :lol:

6 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Maybe its time to take a break from IVG instead of constantly sh*ting in and on the forum with zero contribution. See ya in 3 months, hopefully with better appreciation of the community. Should've been when you made fun of people taking Covid-19 seriously, but eh.

7 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Of course they don't need it, not when only 2% of the install base subscribes to it. But that's not what I said, did I (comparing the two)? They have a sub in place and its been there for a long time, if they want to compete in that space they can push for it.

• Thanks 6

10 hours ago, playstationdude said:

If 70 bucks is the standard pricing next gen, I might have to go the xbox route. No way I'm paying 5k per game. Atleast gamepass can provide some relief, even at 600 per month. 

If rising dev cost is indeed the reason for the hike, don't think GP will keep giving new games at the same price

10 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

I can't believe some people so stupid, who say paying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thing. Playing Tlou using subscription service is bad thing Lol. I seriously want game prices to go 100$, then they will see value of game pass. I give my vote for increase in game prices to 100$. Do it lol.

And game development is costly. Im surprised they still charge 60$ 

Edited by WhiteWolf

37 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes 

It’s quite evident if Sony don’t push their PSnow game to Gamepass level they will!! loose market share 

& by pushing I don’t mean make it for $1 a year

that was desperate survival tactic 

But when PSplus picked up its game on PS3 it got huge benefit on market share leading upto PS4 

obviously we are not witnessing that level of jump on Xbox cos of lack of exclusives 

but xbox was literally forced to launch Games for Gold to keep up with PSplus popularity 

I think sooner or later Sony will have to offer similar content like Gamepass 

the sooner the better 

How Sony will lose market share if i can play Tlou 3 using ps now dayone?  I still have to buy PS5 to play the game. Its not like it will be on PC.

You guys not seeing how bad economy is right now. Option to play games at cheap is a good thing for all of us. Come on guys.

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I can't believe we have some people so stupid, (i guess too much money they got which makes them stupid) who say paying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thing. Playing Tlou using subscription service is bad thing according to them. Lol. I seriously want game prices to go 100$, then they will see value of game pass. I give my vote for increase in gapaying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thingme prices to 100$. Do it lol

Here you go - paying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thing.

You know why? It's not because MS is doing it, but because it is not sustainable. And one has to be incredibly shallow minded not to see that.

Imagine OTT platforms like Netflix, Prime were the only avenues left for movie makers. Do you think you would see them coming out with big budget mega blockbusters anymore?

That one time money is no comparison to what a really successful game can make in it's lifetime. There won't be any motivation for R* to make a RDR2 or ND to make a TLOU2 if they all they had to count on was that GP money and/or, say, PS Now money.

Yes, if Sony starts offering PS Now at super cheap throwaway prices I (and everyone else) will definitely go for it.

Will it be a great deal- sure. But I wouldn't be silly enough to constantly brag about how amazing it is for gaming on a whole.

• Like 2

The economy makes fk'all difference to gaming, in fact it goes up when economy is down. We've seen this again and again. The US has highest percentage of unemployed people right now since 1930, yet Switch sold 100% more than average for this quarter, PS4 50% more and Xbox 25% more. TLoU2 in UK sold more copies in June than rest of the other 9 games in the top ten list combined. FIFA20+CoD+Animal Crossing+GTAV+MK8+Ring Fit+Minecraft and few others, combined. Imagine some dumbass expecting them to put it on sub day one. And if you point out how stupid they sound they get triggered and call you a shill :lol: 

Imagine not understanding the difference between wanting something and expecting it to happens.

• Like 1

There is huge difference between what MS is offering for 1$ gamepass, and what sony is offering with its 60$ exclusives :rofl: Comparing the two is just funny. I am happy paying 60$ for the quality games, rather than paying 1$ for subpar content. 

Do Xbkwas fanboys really think they will get high quality games in the long run for 1$ a month!? Either the price of gamepass is going up or the quality of games if going to go down.

5 minutes ago, pArth said:

There is huge difference between what MS is offering for 1$ gamepass, and what sony is offering with its 60$ exclusives :rofl: Comparing the two is just funny. I am happy paying 60$ for the quality games, rather than paying 1$ for subpar content. 

Do Xbkwas fanboys really think they will get high quality games in the long run for 1$ a month!? Either the price of gamepass is going up or the quality of games if going to go down.

They get 2-3 year old AAA games that have completed their run, or AAA games from poor publishers/devs who they money hat(like the Metro Exodus wala) :rofl:

It's an ok choice if you want some "daily use" games, like you switch through tv channels to find some random movie or tv show you like.

Then there are the specific tv shows you just have to watch or that new fancy movie in theater.

Xbots confuse the two :roflroll:

12 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Just curious as to what specs you have have on your PC?

See my sig lol.

any FPS is possible if you are willing to stoop very low :rofl:

You know in competitive CS.1.6 or CSGO they drop resolution to 640x480, settings to all low, because it makes the FPS go to 240+ and makes your enemies heads look  bigger for easier headshots :rofl:

Ofc the game looks like utter sh*t and an abomination to the eyes, but they get their over 900 FPS :roflroll:

Edited by PhantomShade

10 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Maybe its time to take a break from IVG instead of constantly sh*ting in and on the forum with zero contribution. See ya in 3 months, hopefully with better appreciation of the community. Should've been when you made fun of people taking Covid-19 seriously, but eh.

Wait, is he temp-banned for real?

12 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Is psnow working in India now? 

Might subscribe for a month to play a few ps3 games.

PS3 games wont work because no streaming, only downloadable stuff like PS2 and PS4. Also you can't directly subscribe because it doesn't accept local cards. You can buy sub codes from amazon US, but I just found it cheaper to just grab $1 trial accounts whenever something worthwhile appears.  

70$ or 5K per game is too much.

PS Plus might finally come in handy if they start doing 1 PS5+1/2 PS4 title every month.

But if Sony does the games as well as they did on PS4, a 10$ markup will not affect most people I guess.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk