The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

Surely 50k is the minimum expected price of PS5? Sony and MS love to do a $200 mark-up on whatever the RRP is of consoles in US. Or am I too naive in hoping, that Sony India will be perhaps little more modest, given the recent PS+ sub cuts? :samui:

15 years of warring, some people show no growth. I've known you Zodak since Orkut days where you went to war everyday in communities for nVIDIA v AMD GPUs. A decade later, you're doing the same. I thought growing old might change perspective but no, warz are timeless, it never changes.

Yes that is what we are all expecting.

there are two versions but, so expect 10k difference between both.

Anyway aram se, once it gets releases price, game bundles and all you can decide in peace, there are still fantastic games to play for the PS4 :)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, quixote_1989 said:

Here you go - paying 1$  for high quality AAA is a bad thing.

You know why? It's not because MS is doing it, but because it is not sustainable. And one has to be incredibly shallow minded not to see that.

Imagine OTT platforms like Netflix, Prime were the only avenues left for movie makers. Do you think you would see them coming out with big budget mega blockbusters anymore?

That one time money is no comparison to what a really successful game can make in it's lifetime. There won't be any motivation for R* to make a RDR2 or ND to make a TLOU2 if they all they had to count on was that GP money and/or, say, PS Now money.

Yes, if Sony starts offering PS Now at super cheap throwaway prices I (and everyone else) will definitely go for it.

Will it be a great deal- sure. But I wouldn't be silly enough to constantly brag about how amazing it is for gaming on a whole.

Forza Horizon 4 on game pass was sub par in quality?. Gears 5 and Forza  both were massive million dollar projects released dayone on game pass.

Unfortunately Gears 5 didn't hit the mark like first 3 games but it was more expensive to produce than first 3 in terms of production quality and  MS still released it on game pass as they fully committed to service.

Upcoming Halo Infinite is over 100 to 200m project with around 1000 people working on it, same goes for Fable and Initiative game. MS will release all on game pass dayone coz MS can afford to spend millions and still put it on subscription. They not making cheap games just to sell game pass. You will see for yourself on July 23rd.

You can see quality of Hell blade 2 and it's dayone game pass game. That's not how cheaply made game look. There's not a single PS5 game which looks better than Hellblade 2 at the moment.

It's f**king dumb to criticize game pass just coz its sell for cheap to consumers. You want to pay full price like a fool then go ahead there's a option to pay 60$ but this dumb argument needs to stop. Its a option and it's good for consumers. You goto any gaming forum Gaf or Era or Reddit, everyone likes Game pass, i have not seen same argument against game pass that you guys make here. PS fanboys on IVG are only people who criticize good service like Game pass. Smh.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Forza Horizon 4 on game pass was sub par in quality?. Gears 5 and Forza  both were massive million dollar projects released dayone on game pass.

Unfortunately Gears 5 didn't hit the mark like first 3 games but it was more expensive to produce than first 3 in terms of production quality and  MS still released it on game pass as they fully committed to service.

Upcoming Halo Infinite is over 100 to 200m project with around 1000 people working on it, same goes for Fable and Initiative game. MS will release all on game pass dayone coz MS can afford to spend millions and still put it on subscription. They not making cheap games just to sell game pass. You will see for yourself on July 23rd.

You can see quality of Hell blade 2 and it's dayone game pass game. That's not how cheaply made game look. There's not a single PS5 game which looks better than Hellblade 2 at the moment.

It's f**king dumb to criticize game pass just coz its sell for cheap to consumers. You want to pay full price like a fool then go ahead there's a option to pay 60$ but this dumb argument needs to stop. Its a option and it's good for consumers. You goto any gaming forum Gaf or Era or Reddit, everyone likes Game pass, i have not seen same argument against game pass that you guys make here. PS fanboys on IVG are only people who criticize good service like Game pass. Smh.

Suuure... It'll last forever. Cheers!

Let's ignore the sustainability aspect for a while I simply don't understand why the f**k do people act like every AAA game if not available on any subscription requires full 4000INR/60USD? Have you people not heard of the concept of buying and selling games? 

I just got tlou2 at 3.6K from amazon. Will play it and sell it for 3.1K or 3.2K a week later. You don't own any subscription based game forever as well right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Even plus titles are unusable if you are no longer a member. I've played practically every AAA game on ps3 and ps4 (late gen games I've missed many so now clearing backlog) but I've never ever spent more than 500 to 600rs on a game even if I get it on day 1. The cycle of buying and then selling at 400 or 500rs less has been working since ages. 

Great games on subscription is cool and everything but please let's not f**king act that everyone out here buys 4k digital day 1 :doh:

• Like 1

This gamepass service wouldn’t last for long, especially if the XSX and XSS sell well. It is simply unsustainable at least in current form.

The ploy was to keep Xbone afloat and stop people from trading in their consoles plus majority of these AAA are on MS payroll anyway or MS have funded them somehow. IIRC this idea first floated when MS was transiting to Xbox 360 to Xbone with XBL Arcade games library.

I am not saying Gamepass like service is bad, it is simply not possible for Sony to copy, they have much bigger big games line-up, many more studios on payroll, and some of them actually hit 200-300m Lifetime revenue mark at minimum with every game, like Naughty Dogs.

Edited by Right
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Let's ignore the sustainability aspect for a while I simply don't understand why the f**k do people act like every AAA game if not available on any subscription requires full 4000INR/60USD? Have you people not heard of the concept of buying and selling games? 

I just got tlou2 at 3.6K from amazon. Will play it and sell it for 3.1K or 3.2K a week later. You don't own any subscription based game forever as well right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Even plus titles are unusable if you are no longer a member. I've played practically every AAA game on ps3 and ps4 (late gen games I've missed many so now clearing backlog) but I've never ever spent more than 500 to 600rs on a game even if I get it on day 1. The cycle of buying and then selling at 400 or 500rs less has been working since ages. 

Great games on subscription is cool and everything but please let's not f**king act that everyone out here buys 4k digital day 1 :doh:

I brought Bloodborne for 4K and never sold it :fear:

Literally it is right next to me now.

Fully worth 4K though.

Meanwhile it is a crime to spend 4K on Gears 4 or 5.

16 minutes ago, Right said:

This gamepass service wouldn’t last for long, especially if the XSX and XSS sell well. It is simply unsustainable at least in current form.

The ploy was to keep Xbone afloat and stop people from trading in their consoles plus majority of these AAA are on MS payroll anyway or MS have funded them somehow. IIRC this idea first floated when MS was transiting to

I am not saying Gamepass like service is bad, it is simply not possible for Sony to copy, they have much bigger big games line-up, many more studios on payroll, and some of them actually hit 200-300m Lifetime revenue mark at minimum with every game, like Naughty Dogs.

You're right, GP is just emergency money hatting by MS, to get more attachment rates for xboxes or their shitty windows store on PC.

10 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Lol zodka, good you reminded me of FH4, i forgot about it during GP subscription.

Need to sub again to play FH4, Halo wars 2 and FFXV

9 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

I actually haven't paid more than 1.5k thanks to cheap codes and game sharing with one other dude. Would be great if it showed up on subscription day one but it doesn't so what can you do? 

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I actually haven't paid more than 1.5k thanks to cheap codes and game sharing with one other dude. Would be great if it showed up on subscription day one but it doesn't so what can you do? 

I do gamesharing for digital stuff with my best friend too :P Got odyssey all stuff + dlc at .9K per head. 

I could see PS PLUS becoming ineffective over time YEARS AGO (back when they used to give out ACTUAL GAMES and that too 5 a month) that was the branding phase, now is the earning phase  hence we are subbed to plus only for good tiles maybe in 1 or 2 months in and year and online gaming :P

If I dig deep enough into IVG I swear I'll be able to find my 4-5yr old post where I said how PLUS would eventually suck as more and more people get subbed to it, back when they were giving 5 games a month at 2k per annum. Services like PS NOW and Game Pass CANNOT BE COMPARED TO sh*t like NETFLIX or f**king SPOTIFY.  A musician earns MOST money from other channels like live shows, sponsorship deals etc revenue channels that have always existed even before music streaming became the standard, a BIG MOVIE has tons of tie ups and sponsorship deals too (satellite rights, music rights, streaming rights in India) revenue channels that have always existed even before subscription services became mainstream but what other model of revenue is there for a game like TLOU2 if they give it out for FREE DAY 1 on PS NOW? :rofl: Development of AAA Single Player Games cannot survive on microtransations or subscription services. In my opinion. Could be wrong but let's see. I was right about Plus :P

And if you guys think everyone buys online day1 and no one bothers about disc, please have a look at GOW/TLOU2 Disc sale figures :P If you take away direct sales revenue from AAA games, single player games will greatly suffer I feel. I really don't want a future where only games like PUBG and Fortnite are earning while single player experiences are forgotton due to to no proper revenue model being there in place. 

Edited by rAgHaV

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I brought Bloodborne for 4K and never sold it :fear:

Literally it is right next to me now.

Fully worth 4K though.

Meanwhile it is a crime to spend 4K on Gears 4 or 5.

TLOU2 is the first game where I paid full price in YEARS. Generally I've developed this habit of buying games 6-9 months late as must games are fixed post launch and the DLC gets bundled in some GOTY or Full edition disc 6-9months post launch. 

AC games I actually get 2yrs post launch :rofl:  Once the ubi glitches are fixed and the DLC is out. 

edit- Bloodborne was FREE on plus bro :P 

Edited by rAgHaV

7 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

TLOU2 is the first game where I paid full price in YEARS. Generally I've developed this habit of buying games 6-9 months late as must games are fixed post launch and the DLC gets bundled in some GOTY or Full edition disc 6-9months post launch. 

AC games I actually get 2yrs post launch :rofl:  Once the ubi glitches are fixed and the DLC is out. 

edit- Bloodborne was FREE on plus bro :P 

I bought it way back in 2015 :fear:

10/10 paisa vasool but

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

I bought it way back in 2015 :fear:

10/10 paisa vasool but

I actually bought the disc before it became free on plus too. One thing I absolutely hate is that your disc version save files don't work on the digital version :ranting:. This stupid trend should f**king die next gen. 

• Like 1

Just now, rAgHaV said:

I actually bought the disc before it became free on plus too. One thing I absolutely hate is that your disc version save files don't work on the digital version :ranting:. This stupid trend should f**king die next gen. 

wtf.

This and the weird sh*t where you only have to buy DLC from your game's region, otherwise it won't work.

Like US PSN has HZD DLC for 500 rupees :fear:, but it will be useless with my HZD bought from India PSN.

1 hour ago, adity said:

It does if the region is same. My second son disc save worked just fine with the digital version. 

Oh. must be confusing the DLC region lock with save files then. DLC lock is really stupid as well though. 

13 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

I seriously dont get the concept of Downloading games. I am yet to download the free GTA5 which I have been waiting to replay. 100 gb aint a joke and with the new gen coming up I am guessing the games would end up in the crazy 200 GB category. For that we will also need to shell out 2 to 3 k every month on good internet plans at least in Pune. So it wont cost just 1$ a month.

TP is god sent for people like me. 200 to 300 is all you gotta pay if you are lucky otherwise it is max 500 bucks for a game once in a while. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali

51 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I seriously dont get the concept of Downloading games. I am yet to download the free GTA5 which I have been waiting to replay. 100 gb aint a joke and with the new gen coming up I am guessing the games would end up in the crazy 200 GB category. For that we will also need to shell out 2 to 3 k every month on good internet plans at least in Pune. So it wont cost just 1$ a month.

TP is god sent for people like me. 200 to 300 is all you gotta pay if you are lucky otherwise it is max 500 bucks for a game once in a while. 

Switch from BSNL/MTNL,Airtel,Reliance etc big brand internet walas to local "cable wala" style internet companies, there are smaller companies like this one called Spectranet that do fibre optic internet only.

i get some 60 mbps full unlimited for 650 bucks only, same thing airtel or reliance or bsnl would have charged 3k a month.

Downloads are the future bro,they now even force you to download big patches for disc games, otherwise you can't play :/

20 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Switch from BSNL/MTNL,Airtel,Reliance etc big brand internet walas to local "cable wala" style internet companies, there are smaller companies like this one called Spectranet that do fibre optic internet only.

i get some 60 mbps full unlimited for 650 bucks only, same thing airtel or reliance or bsnl would have charged 3k a month.

Downloads are the future bro,they now even force you to download big patches for disc games, otherwise you can't play :/

Sadly in my area apart from Airtel and you broadband nothing else is available. Spectranet and the likes are available only in few areas near Hinjewadi, Wakad and not in my Area.

53 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Sadly in my area apart from Airtel and you broadband nothing else is available. Spectranet and the likes are available only in few areas near Hinjewadi, Wakad and not in my Area.

This is actually a deeper issue. Basically I got Spectra Net installed like 3yrs back. Even then they told me it's not available in my area as the Block I live in is operated by Airtel exclusively (this is true as only Airtel and MTNL were available) then I told him if you could just write the other block (one that's 100meter away) from me in the initial application and suprisingly he said yes and got it installed :rofl: 

To this day my Block only has MTNL and Airtel with Airtel only offering super expensive plans because they earn from commercial areas apparently (that's the excuse airtel gave me when I asked them why my cousin who stays 3 blocks away gets thrice the speed and twice the data at same price). Airtel person was literally like sir ye airtel ka area hai aur agar airtel yaha se nahi kamayega toh kaha se kamayega. Full corruption hai inki kaafi areas mai.