The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

We always knew deep down that the price was going to be 50k here. Just that if its announced officially for 50k its gonna be hard to digest:P

I will probably pickup the grey market one from Palika once the prices have settled , and hardware stability is confirmed. Dont want a RROD 2.0 scenario.

500$ plus tax comes around 40k at current currency rate. I am not sure how much one will be able to save from grey market including their commissions.

Probably not enough to justify letting go of the warranty.

12 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

500$ plus tax comes around 40k at current currency rate. I am not sure how much one will be able to save from grey market including their commissions.

Probably not enough to justify letting go of the warranty.

Edit-: Yes correct. I miscalculated the dollar rate.

It will be around 38k in grey market @500usd.

Still 12k saved.

Edited by playstationdude

9 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Hope the rumoured Silent Hill isnt another First person horror simulator.

Are you hinting at P.T?

13 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Edit-: Yes correct. I miscalculated the dollar rate.

It will be around 38k in grey market @500usd.

Still 12k saved.

500 is the listed price, you have to pay around 6/7% tax in most US states. That comes to 535$, now even if I take 75 as the currency rate (exchange rate would be atleast 76), that comes around 40k.

Now the grey market charges commission for bringing it all over to India and in my experience that used to be around 4.5-5k, can very well be more than that for a new console.

So 40+5= 45k, if Ps5 releases for 50k, you would only save 5k.

I don't think 5k is enough to let go of warranty.

Now if it launches for more than 50k, around 55-60k, then it would make sense.

6 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

500 is the listed price, you have to pay around 6/7% tax in most US states. That comes to 535$, now even if I take 75 as the currency rate (exchange rate would be atleast 76), that comes around 40k.

Now the grey market charges commission for bringing it all over to India and in my experience that used to be around 4.5-5k, can very well be more than that for a new console.

So 40+5= 45k, if Ps5 releases for 50k, you would only save 5k.

I don't think 5k is enough to let go of warranty.

Now if it launches for more than 50k, around 55-60k, then it would make sense.

You are calculating retail prices. The grey market guys buy them from a few importers who in turn source them from distributors abroad in bulk. They dont pay retail prices or taxes.

Initially the prices will be higher in grey market as they try to cash in on low supply. By the end of next year it will settle down.

Edited by playstationdude

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

If the supply is not available officially, then yes I would shrug it off as impossible. :P

And there will be a few chump..er.. champs, who will buy it. :bigyellowgrin:

But as such is it a good idea to buy from grey market? I mean, the warranty isn't valid right? Because that unit's been imported?

Not sure how they don't slap the customs duties on these, but I guess thats the point.

Best case scenario is buying yourself, or get a friend to buy and haul it back here. 

Its even bigger and heavier than PS4 too. 

PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals & accessories

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

• Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games. 
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles. 

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

39 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

No, We believe that we can easily make another $60-$80 by arbitrarily making the DS4 incompatible, I mean as if we made any use of the DS4 touchpad that remained a gimmick, or the PSVita features in any games :lol:

FTFY :)

Why is it that these PS NeW FeATuReS always end up to being gimmicks? look at Nintendos home consoles.