The Playstation 5 thread

38 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

how difficult is it for sony to allow headphones to connect with bluetooth without a dongle

Apparently its a BT latency issue. They need to support latest aptx hardware for audio, and even then its not optimal. This is why none of the 3 console makers support native BT audio support.

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals & accessories

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5

• The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5)

:cry:

13 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Or they simply want you to spend money on their PS branded headsets. They dont even let their own regular bluetooth headsets operate with ps4, afaik. Not 100% sure on the last part.

Supporting headsets like 1000XM3 would be beneficial to them only.  They don't care which one sells i.e. a Sony headset or a Playstation brand headset.

As they dont even support their flagship headsets which is wayyy costlier, obviously it means its a technology thing. 

I think even Xbox doesn't support bluetooth audio

27 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Does Sony still support VR extensively? Or it just another move/kinect on its last legs?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Pretty decent  library of actual VR games and not just tech demos. I wish some of that stuff wasn't locked to PSVR. Also PSVR2 is pretty much confirmed with inside-out tracking (just needs official announcement). 

Pretty decent  library of actual VR games and not just tech demos. I wish some of that stuff wasn't locked to PSVR. Also PSVR2 is pretty much confirmed with inside-out tracking (just needs official announcement). 

Does it still suffer from motion sickness problem? As someone who faces extreme motion sickness in cars I fear a lot to try out VR.

Also what is inside out tracking?

43 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Does Sony still support VR extensively? Or it just another move/kinect on its last legs?

5 million sold last i read. Not gonna give up there. People have liked it as well. 

Will pickup as well once its pretty cheap. 

13 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Does it still suffer from motion sickness problem? As someone who faces extreme motion sickness in cars I fear a lot to try out VR.

Also what is inside out tracking?

PSVR currently uses older technic where external camera tracks VR headset and controller in 3D space. Inside-out tracking is similar to what Oculus Quest does where cameras are on the headset itself, and it will map your play area and track from inside the headset (like your own head in real life). This method doesn't need external camera or light on the controller.

Motion sickness depends on the game. Some are notoriously bad like RE7 or Driveclub, others like Astro Bot and GTS are fine. Also depends from person to person. But if you get motion sick while playing normal FPS chances are high that you'll get it in VR too.

5 million sold last i read. Not gonna give up there. People have liked it as well. 

Will pickup as well once its pretty cheap. 

Even i wanted to try out this VR thing. Especially due to the hype of half life alyx not tyne mainstream VR headsets are way out of my budget.

Dude while amazing, PS VR is always kinda uncomfortable. My eyes hurt after a couple of hours. Only faced motion sickness in bl2 though. Its mostly collecting dust. Cool tech, good games but too many wires and the single camera setup tends to betray you. Needs much better hardware but the software is solid. 

Exactly what my consurn is with it. The motion sickness would be really bad for it. The games are getting there but the hardware needs to be there as well.

PSVR currently uses older technic where external camera tracks VR headset and controller in 3D space. Inside-out tracking is similar to what Oculus Quest does where cameras are on the headset itself, and it will map your play area and track from inside the headset (like your own head in real life). This method doesn't need external camera or light on the controller.

Motion sickness depends on the game. Some are notoriously bad like RE7 or Driveclub, others like Astro Bot and GTS are fine. Also depends from person to person. But if you get motion sick while playing normal FPS chances are high that you'll get it in VR too.

That's actually pretty cool, but won't doing this raise the cost of the headset significantly? Also if you increase it by a lot you start to touch the rift, vine prices then it's better to buy those.

As for motion sickness I somehow play fps fine without feeling it. I feel it more for 3rdperson games which require a lot of running. Assassin creed is a prime example. Most experience that I read of people using VR headsets mention this to be a problem.

12 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

That's actually pretty cool, but won't doing this raise the cost of the headset significantly? Also if you increase it by a lot you start to touch the rift, vine prices then it's better to buy those.

As for motion sickness I somehow play fps fine without feeling it. I feel it more for 3rdperson games which require a lot of running. Assassin creed is a prime example. Most experience that I read of people using VR headsets mention this to be a problem.

The Quest is $399 with Qualcomm chip and onboard storage, so I'm sure PSVR2 can fit in that budget. Heck even be at $299 because you don't need all that extra silicon and controllers.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 game.

So no DS4 For ps5 games. That's a bummer.

Source- https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

It's good that none of the current gen stuff is limiting next gen. The Dual sense has some new features which they want the games to use, and if they make DS4 compatible that means developers will either ignore these features or make them half baked to support DS4. Just because microsoft sh*t the bed with cross gen doesn't mean sony should too.

Well they better have some really unique feature that actually is advantageous for the PS5 games. If it's anything like the touch-pad bullsh*t on the PS4, then it would be a sorry excuse to not make it cross compatible. I can understand a feature like motion control (SIX AXIS) which can make a past generation controller that did not support the feature to be incompatible with the current set of games that do require it; that would make sense. But essentially, a lot of the functions are pretty much preset and can be done with the existing button scheme.