The Playstation 5 thread

10 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

May event was not hyped as well. Only thing was hyped was AC Valhalla reveal. They said clearly, Its a 3rd party/indie showcase only.  There are tweets from Xbox weeks before show clearly stating that. 

https://www.onmsft.com/news/dont-expect-a-new-inside-xbox-digital-event-this-month-but-team-is-working-hard-on-julys-first-party-games-showcase

Anyway,  im just laughing at people who think this is good or better than Xbox event. Same people sh*t on indie games all the time are now getting excited for indie games which looks bad tbh :rofl:

Except that it was hyped. It was announced weeks before the even and Greenberg kept hyping it on twitter. Also, it was their first event before they showed any first party stuff. Obviously, the backlash would be different.

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

No price announcement. Why a market leader scared to announce console price and waiting for Xbox to reveal first?. We in August come on now lol.

Why is a trillion dollar company waiting for a small company for a price announcement? Just announce $400 and get it over with. Right? 

2 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Except that it was hyped. It was announced weeks before the even and Greenberg kept hyping it on twitter. Also, it was their first event before they showed any first party stuff. Obviously, the backlash would be different.

It was not. Goto Xbox official channels.  f**k Aaron, he is a moron. He hyping everything everytime 

Only AC Valhalla reveal was hyped 

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

It was not. Goto Xbox official channels.  f**k Aaron, he is a moron. He hyping everything everytime 

Only AC Valhalla reveal was hyped 

He is Xbox's representative, at least on social media. Doesn't matter whether you f**k him or not. People did get hyped and get their expectations increased because of him and it being their first showcase of next gen software. Situations are totally different and that is pretty evident.

15 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

In hindsight the May event was better than fake CGI shitfest and Halo Reach remaster in July, but Greenberg can't keep his mouth shut and has to ruin everything. 

20 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Why is a trillion dollar company waiting for a small company for a price announcement? Just announce $400 and get it over with. Right? 

Don't think it will happen since they are the market leader, but if Sony undercuts Series X price point, its pretty much over

Would also be funny lol

Edited by Chirag2001

3 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Do't think it will happen since they are the market leader, but if Sony undercuts Series X price point, its pretty much over

Would also be funny lol

While i don't expect them to undercut MS (expect physical editions of both the systems to be $500), i doubt it is going to matter much. PS5 is going to continue PS4's momentum as far as sales are concerned. It is already over, unless PS5 is actually more expensive despite being weaker, which would make things slightly more interesting.

Edited by Sach4life

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

In hindsight the May event was better than fake CGI shitfest and Halo Reach remaster in July, but Greenberg can't keep his mouth shut and has to ruin everything. 

July event was pretty underwhelming to be honest. I was expecting to get blown off but that didn't happen. At least with Sony, you know that you already had so many good exclusives coming this year, what excuse did MS have?

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

While i don't expect them to undercut MS (expect physical editions of both the systems to be $500), i doubt it is going to matter much. PS5 is going to continue PS4's momentum as far as sales are concerned. It is already over, unless PS5 is actually more expensive despite being weaker, which would make things slightly more interesting.

Yes, the fact that its taken this long for a price reveal makes me wonder

Can MS tilt the scales, and undercut PS5 by 100$ margin? Would makes things very interesting

Also better for us if they try to fight over the price :fear1:

Yes, the fact that its taken this long for a price reveal makes me wonder
Can MS tilt the scales, and undercut PS5 by 100$ margin? Would makes things very interesting

Also better for us if they try to fight over the price :fear1:
I don't think there is any chance of MS pricing Series X at $400. They would have already announced the price if that was going to happen. However, if physical version of PS5 is $400 (which isn't happening either), then i can see Series X being priced the same.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

July event was pretty underwhelming to be honest. I was expecting to get blown off but that didn't happen. At least with Sony, you know that you already had so many good exclusives coming this year, what excuse did MS have?

They started late. Insiders say XGS only got autonomy in 2018 when they started buying studios, and you can do fkall in 2 years except make fake trailers and demos still running on PC. Personally I dunno what they were doing for 7 years other than Spencer making chu of xbots :lol: 

They started late. Insiders say XGS only got autonomy in 2018 when they started buying studios, and you can do fkall in 2 years except make fake trailers and demos still running on PC. Personally I dunno what they were doing for 7 years other than Spencer making chu of xbots [emoji38] 
It is hilarious to see how long it has taken MS to build a portfolio of first party studios. This is their 4th generation and they aren't really the new kids anymore.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Think MS are willing to be a lil flexible with the price here. Sony controls the market, they'll determine the price lol

It sounds good too right?

Get a Series X for cheaper than PS5, its more powerful and all that Teraflops jazz that MS has, and then you get a bunch of games to play right off the bat with Gamepass? 

Xbox One compatible titles I mean. Plus MS is giving Series X version if you ow Cyberpunk on One X too. 

38 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Because they are so small. Why is a trillion dollar company scared?

Because xbox didn't grow last quarter whereas sony grew 50%  . Sony games day 1 sales are in millions while xbox is desperate to sell gamepass at 1$ and they arent even paying the devs who’s kids are starving now .

Some of the arguments you hear on this very forum all the time , by this logic sony should have announced the already.

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

Because xbox didn't grow last quarter whereas sony grew 50%  . Sony games day 1 sales are in millions while xbox is desperate to sell gamepass at 1$ and they arent even paying the devs who’s kids are starving now .

Some of the arguments you hear on this very forum all the time , by this logic sony should have announced the already.

It goes both ways. Considering how big MS is and how that is written all the time, they should have just announced a $400 price tag and get it over with.