The Playstation 5 thread

3 minutes ago, Right said:

Xbox division is still carry that XBLA era smug, when they used to bully Indie studios in the name of publishing and used to fk them with shitty deals and conditions. 

Supergiant is still pissed after Bastion sh*t, pissed enough that they put their games on everything (even EGS) except Xbox :lol: 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AnK said:

I hope Sony doesn’t make the same mistake of over spending on third party only to undercut first party investments 

That would be a foolish direction to head into specially when your first party is on an all time high steam engine churning out one mega blockbuster after another 

No Chance they would compromise on first party. Actually it is very easy for Sony with first party next gen. All are mostly sequels excluding ND n Bluepoint.

Bluepoint will get their game for sure. ND well its ND, they can do whatever they want like SSM.

58 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Apparently their factories switched to making PS5s, that's how they doubled their estimated production from 5M to 10M. The PS4 base model shortage is worldwide.

hmmm, if you search ps4 on amazon now, all it shows is an ad about ps5 , lets see if sony launches ps5 in India by end of 2020 like they've advertised.  Also, due to the schools being shut and kids being at home most of the time, good chance that they might sell far more stuff than they previously did.

Edited by Ne0

hmmm, if you search ps4 on amazon now, all it shows is an ad about ps5 , lets see if sony launches ps5 in India by end of 2020 like they've advertised.  Also, due to the schools being shut and kids being at home most of the time, good chance that they might sell far more stuff than they previously did.
I personally think that both PS4 and PS5 should be available to buy. Most kids, parents, budget gamer would not be able to afford the PS5 and also considering that PS4 games are quite cheap now it would be really good time to get in for these consumers. If Sony completely stops PS4 sales these consumers would deviate towards second hand market.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Sony got mind share and market share, so its easier for them to get big 3rd party deals without spending fortune. All big publishers were making majority of their profit on PS4 current gen and they know PS5 set to do same again. They have confidence in PS platforms now.

MS don't have same market share, they have to give alot more to convince big -publishers to put game on their platforms exclusively. If price too high for the deal then Satya will not cut cheque for the deal for Xbox division but he will spend billions on TikTok no problem:/. I would have preferred MS going hard for WB than tiktok.

11 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

4 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I personally think that both PS4 and PS5 should be available to buy. Most kids, parents, budget gamer would not be able to afford the PS5 and also considering that PS4 games are quite cheap now it would be really good time to get in for these consumers. If Sony completely stops PS4 sales these consumers would deviate towards second hand market.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

My dudes, i don't think even wealthy bourgeois parents buy PS4 Xbox for their kids here.

PS4 is literally the preserve of grown a*s men with jobs afaik, kids can still bamboozle their parents for 1 lakh laptop or 1lakh mid range pc giving some bullshit about muh studies, muh college, muh going to hostel reason, but no way a PS4 that JuSt PLaYs GaMeS.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Sony got mind share and market share, so its easier for them to get big 3rd party deals without spending fortune. All big publishers were making majority of their profit on PS4 current gen and they know PS5 set to do same again. They have confidence in PS platforms now.

MS don't have same market share, they have to give alot more to convince big -publishers to put game on their platforms exclusively. If price too high for the deal then Satya will not cut cheque for the deal for Xbox division but he will spend billions on TikTok no problem:/. I would have preferred MS going hard for WB than tiktok.

TikTok will make money for them, Xdabba won't :rofl:

Xbox services like Gold makes money and games like Minecraft and Fortnite Microtransactions make lot of money. 

Xbox services is healthy overall (only hardware and GP not making much money atm but GP is their long game), but still no where near other MS divisions like Azure and office n all. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-microsoft-q4-2020-earnings-gaming?amp

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, hope said:

No Chance they would compromise on first party. Actually it is very easy for Sony with first party next gen. All are mostly sequels excluding ND n Bluepoint.

Bluepoint will get their game for sure. ND well its ND, they can do whatever they want like SSM.

This is quite bad business. Sequels will only carry so far. New IPs are also necessary. Uncharted, Last of Us etc. were new Ips that led to PS3 success. They carried to PS4 and PS4 had Spiderman, GoT, Days Gone etc. as new IPs. "Only Sequels" will carry so far before people start getting bored. They should also focus on new studio acquisition/improve existing studios is possible. For ex., Sony is quite weak in WRPGs/CRPGs. MS has Obsidian now, but Obsidian has a very viable competitor in Larian. Can you imagine if Sony acquires Larian? Pillars of Eternity vs Divinity - it will be epic.

Also, it's really not good to focus mainly on money-hatting 3rd parties. That's one of the mistakes MS made in 360 gen. It migh be fine for 1-2 years of the initial console gen, but ultimately 3rd parties don't add much value to consoles. Either they only do timed exclusives (Giving "Better" Versions to other consoles as compensation for late release) or the sequel is multiplat or other console exclusive (Who offers most money) with better features on top. That's how MS ended up with othing except Halo/Forza/Gears at the end of 360 gen despite spending MS Windows's division money like flowing water.

@PhantomShade Lol so true! I still remember how I got my first original Game. It was Age of Empires and I convinced my parents it was excellent to learn History (To be fair - it was true; Age of Empires taught me more History than School ever did). 

Edited by roun90

22 minutes ago, adity said:

Dude, I still remember how much I had to beg to get a PSP and then a ps3. f**king sh*t you have to deal with when you have non gamer parents. I would've preferred sucking a few dicks than through that ordeal. 

bruh... 

24 minutes ago, adity said:

Dude, I still remember how much I had to beg to get a PSP and then a ps3. f**king sh*t you have to deal with when you have non gamer parents. I would've preferred sucking a few dicks than through that ordeal. 

1 minute ago, pArth said:

bruh... 

don't judge

• Haha 1

lol dude wtf :lol:

Even I had a hard time convincing my parents to buy x360 games for 2500 back when it launched - despite earning/paying it out of my pocket.  My parents were all like other guys my age are looking to invest in plot and stuff, and you want to spend it all in gaming ? Grow up !! Actually, nobody in my friends circle was into video games either, except for some pc games like half life/ project igi and stuff.  They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I buy original video games at MRP :lol:

25 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Even I had a hard time convincing my parents to buy x360 games for 2500 back when it launched - despite earning/paying it out of my pocket.  My parents were all like other guys my age are looking to invest in plot and stuff, and you want to spend it all in gaming ? Grow up !! Actually, nobody in my friends circle was into video games either, except for some pc games like half life/ project igi and stuff.  They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I buy original video games at MRP :lol:

Investing in land is meme for a salaried class person.

next you know either some jhuggi jhopdis have come up on your land, or some mafia don types have encroached upon it.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Lol people were like - you BUY games?!