The Playstation 5 thread

Life in the 80's

Me: Hey ma, there's an Atari 2600 for sale. Only 400 rupees. (I had no idea what 400 bucks looked like. I had never seen 100 bucks).

Ma: what's that? And are you mad. 400 rupees?

Me: It can connect to the TV and there are controllers.

Ma: VCR?

Me: no it can play games and there is color

Ma: those TV game things? No you'll spoil your eyes and it's very dangerous.

Me: noooo Ma it's fun. Pleaseeeeee

Ma: I'll think about it. Maybe after your exams.

Me: after these exams?

Ma: no after the finals.

Me: that's next year. It won't be there by then

Ma: then why you want something that is useless and will not even last so long. See that fridge. It's still working after 10 years. All this nonsense tv games will ruin your eyesight. And only drug addicts play those things. Do you want to become a drug addict?

Me stomping away: one day I will grow up and buy all games. Everything.

Either way got the 2600 after begging like a dog and sulking around the house for 2-3 months. And the joystick broke in a few weeks and had to wait till dad came back from Dubai with joysticks the next year anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

don't judge

lmaoo :rofl:

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Try convincing parents to pay 3k-4k for a game.

"How many games on this disk?"

"Dad its one game"

"Bhag bsdk, go finish your homework"

Why I didn't get to play TLOU 2 :cry:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@adity @PhantomShade Convincing parents (read begging) is still exactly the same thing 

Had to do sh*t ton of drame to buy PS3 and PS4. 

Man I hope the PS5 comes out of my pocket (not likely) nahi toh firse karne padega sab kuch. 

Edited by Chirag2001

53 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

lmaoo :rofl:

Why I didn't get to play TLOU 2 :cry:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@adity @PhantomShade Convincing parents (read begging) is still exactly the same thing 

Had to do sh*t ton of drame to buy PS3 and PS4. 

Man I hope the PS5 comes out of my pocket (not likely) nahi toh firse karne padega sab kuch. 

Internship?

You can find enough work to do from home and get paid a decent amount. 

Lol, even I have been saving up for Ps5. Made decent money past few months.

My parents won't get me a new laptop, new phone AND a Ps5.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Try convincing parents to pay 3k-4k for a game.

"How many games on this disk?"

"Dad its one game"

"Bhag bsdk, go finish your homework"

I always had to pirate games on my pc.

I remember back in the day i told dad i need his Card so i can buy CS:GO on steam for 500/- and dad was like chota baccha he kya game khelne ke liye XD . Now they are ok tough got ps4 two years back and dad was fine with it. Better than wasting time on social media XD.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

2005/06 was a different time. 

I stayed in Vashi's Koparkhairane in 2003.

Rent we paid for 2BHK was 1900.

The flat owner purchased it for just ~25L.

This place was just half a km from Reliance HQ.

I wonder what would be rent/prices now.

13 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

This is intresting. It did not happen before ps4's launch. Maybe becaus of less social media? 

also i dont think a surge of 20% is possible considering everthing else at sony is at steady or decline.

4 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

This is intresting. It did not happen before ps4's launch. Maybe becaus of less social media? 

also i dont think a surge of 20% is possible considering everthing else at sony is at steady or decline.

Software sales are up 80% year on year. They sold 91 million software units in Covid quarter. 

For ex., Sony is quite weak in WRPGs/CRPGs. MS has Obsidian now, but Obsidian has a very viable competitor in Larian. Can you imagine if Sony acquires Larian? Pillars of Eternity vs Divinity - it will be epic.

Divinity is most popular on the PC. If they buy Larian and make it a PS exclusive its going to be a riot. Much bigger than this tiny spiderman conflict.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Sony shares were around all time low during ps3 and ps4 launch days. And they sold more software this quarter than they did last holiday season which is just crazy and have all the momentum going into ps5. 

1 minute ago, rAgHaV said:

Software sales are up 80% year on year. They sold 91 million software units in Covid quarter. 

But you are also not seeing the declines in other sector. if you see theydid not have much greater numbers compared to Q1 2019. im not an expert though , it can surge 20% but wont sustain more than a week. lets c how it pans out.

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

Sony shares were around all time low during ps3 and ps4 launch days. And they sold more software this quarter than they did last holiday season which is just crazy and have all the momentum going into ps5. 

But then again Sony is not only PLAYSTATION. The electronic department isnt perfoming great which can make harder for share prices to rise

25 minutes ago, Right said:

I stayed in Vashi's Koparkhairane in 2003.

Rent we paid for 2BHK was 1900.

The flat owner purchased it for just ~25L.

This place was just half a km from Reliance HQ.

I wonder what would be rent/prices now.

Its about 30-35k based on condition, furnishing etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

But then again Sony is not only PLAYSTATION. The electronic department isnt perfoming great which can make harder for share prices to rise

Right now around 50% of sony is Playstation and their electronics dept is all but dead and a very small part of their business with limited products. (Not the case during ps3 and early ps4)

13 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Right now around 50% of sony is Playstation and their electronics dept is all but dead and a very small part of their business with limited products. (Not the case during ps3 and early ps4)

Exactly . and this is why i fell 20% surge is overkill . Sony killed its electronics business on its own. Just like nokia did. Not saying the products were not good , but you have to evolve with market.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said: