The Playstation 5 thread

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I really hope either someone competitive enters the HW market or Nintendo stops being coy with specs and go head on like they used to before the Wii. A Nintendo console powerful enough to play all 3rd party games while making their own 1st party stuff will be a worthy adversary. 

Not really true man, when it was just ninty & sony at the top (ps2 days),  consoles were really stagnating , if not for xbox live, i dont think sony would've even bothered with inveting in proper online gaming.  Their whole console business was in shambles in the ps3 generation, mainly due to their arrogance of dominating the market in the previous generation.  Half the stuff we see today w.r.t online gaming in consoles, happened mainly due to the success of xbox live.  Whether you agree on  it or consider its a good or bad is a different thing, but the success and stability of xbox live brought in a lot of alternative sources of income to game developers with dlc's , expansion packs and stuff.  Just look at sony's behavior from ps3's launch to ps4 launch.  At ps3, they priced their console at $600, saying ppl who wanna buy would have to save up or some crap like that, their system software was a mess, the sixaxis controller (i believe it was launched without dual shock support ?) was bad, their online gaming was bad, hardly had any good launch games for a full one year .... even their dev kits & the cell processor was notoriously hard to program for.  Atleast in India, sony's after sales support for ps3 was almost non-existent.  Atleast xbox partnered with some 3p vendors to replace faulty consoles in a very short duration.

Good competition is always better to advance any field, ninty is always ninty doing their own stuff and sony never bothered about it. IMO, competition from MS/Xbox is the reason sony corrected their mistakes with PS4 and is now clinging on to PS5 like their life depends on it, as their other sources of revenues have more or less dried up.  Remove xbox from market, and Sony would go back to being complacent and you'll hardly have any advances in console gaming.   At-least that's what I feel.

PS: I also think that the future of mass market gaming would be streaming , just like nf/prime/spotify for video/audio.  It might take another 5-7 years for the network to become stabilized and stuff, but whether we like it or GaaS would be here to stay is what I think !

Edited by Ne0

On 8/13/2020 at 10:23 AM, triggr happy ss said:

Socom was much much better than turd killzone and resistance ,One of the best mp games before LOU mp.

Not really an apples to apples comparison.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, WhiteWolf said:

If Franchise was any good then we would have seen more games on PS4. Sony decided not fund it ever again shows how they feel about Resistance. :bigyellowgrin:

It's not a turd but gigantic flop Series like Kill zone. 

I mean yeah, ofcourse you know Sony much better than Sony knows itself.

On 8/13/2020 at 1:26 PM, adity said:

Or maybe Sony wants to maintain the high quality and not drag a franchise out until its irrelevant. God of war was also put on hold until SSM came up with an exciting idea for a new game. 

You can give whatever spin u want or bash Halo Gears nd so on. IDGAF..

All im saying that Resistance was a failed franchise. It didn't sell much. Go back and check its sales or u want me to post it?. Games were good but didnt sell much and same goes for Killzone. I doubt you will  see another installment of Resistance anytime soon. Also Insomniac got Spiderman, why they will waste time on a flop Series like Resistance.?

Killzone sequel is a possibility coz Herman is head Sony studios now and he has the power to give one more shot at Killzone.

Edited by WhiteWolf

24 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

All im saying that Resistance was a failed franchise. It didn't sell much. Go back and check its sales or u want me to post it?. Games were good but didnt sell much and same goes for Killzone. I doubt you will  see another installment of Resistance anytime soon. Also Insomniac got Spiderman, why they will waste time on a flop Series like Resistance.?

Killzone sequel is a possibility coz Herman is head Sony studios now and he has the power to give one more shot at Killzone.

Insomniac can get out 4 AAA games minimum per gen normally, they won't just work on 1-2 IPs.

And speaking of flops, Crackdown still gets sequels that nobody is interested in playing :giggle:

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes 

please tell us how badly they sold?!? :rofl:

VgChartz say first two games combined  of both franchises on PS3 sold upwards of 7 & 6 million copies respectively 

& that’s Physical data only....digital maybe tad bit more since digital was not trending back then 

By that logic every single XBone exclusive lately is a massive flop 

coz they don’t do anywhere near 

I doubt Gears 4+5 even came close to 7 million :lol: 

Nikaal zara apna data 

mai bhi dekhu :dance:

The only AAA flops on Insomniac's resume are Fuse and Sunset Overdrive.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Konsi daaru peeta hai yeh jo aisa nasha chadta hai  :rofl:

11 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

wasn't that an xbox exclusive ? i thought insomniac was a sony owned studio .... 

They recently bought them, but they were a 3rd party studio only having strong association with Sony, iirc they only started multiplat in the late ps3 and early ps4 era, before Sony officially bought them

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The only AAA flops on Insomniac's resume are Fuse and Sunset Overdrive.

Sure

R2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/resistance-2-sales-only-two-thirds-of-original

R3

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-14-resistance-3-sales-well-down-on-r2

Sales For 'Resistance 3' Are Worse Than A Chimera's Smell.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/resistance-3-sales/amp/

Resistance 1 sold decent but sequels flop.

Resistance 3 and Sunset got almost same meta score but in sales both flop. There's no defending this, so stop trying  lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

On 8/13/2020 at 2:53 PM, triggr happy ss said:

Socom was much much better than turd killzone and resistance ,One of the best mp games before LOU mp.

I haven't played Resistance, but calling Killzone turd :doh:

Hope your opinion is not based on your K/D ratio in Killzone :P

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Sure

R2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/resistance-2-sales-only-two-thirds-of-original

R3

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-14-resistance-3-sales-well-down-on-r2

Sales For 'Resistance 3' Are Worse Than A Chimera's Smell.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamerant.com/resistance-3-sales/amp/

Resistance 1 sold decent but sequels flop.

Resistance 3 and Sunset got almost same meta score but in sales both flop. There's no defending this, so stop trying  lol

Oh you googled it, that's nice :lol: 

Every game in the Resistance series except maybe the portable game sold more than SO. Its also a series, not one game that they dumped so hard they didn't even bother to patch it for 1X :rofl: