The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, Snake said:

Oof.... getting shut down by the devs themselves.

Xbots can't take that L.

Dusk on Era said Bloober was in contention of making Silent Hill, but then Konami went with Toriyama and Team Silent. So Bloober went with MS with the concept and making the Medium instead. Bloober immediately shut that down and called out his BS. He then said he purposely spread the fake news to oust a leaker and later apologized :lol: 

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Dusk on Era said Bloober was in contention of making Silent Hill, but then Konami went with Toriyama and Team Silent. So Bloober went with MS with the concept and making the Medium instead. Bloober immediately shut that down and called out his BS. He then said he purposely spread the fake news to oust a leaker and later apologized :lol: 

Yikes.... what a loser.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Oh you googled it, that's nice :lol: 

Every game in the Resistance series except maybe the portable game sold more than SO. Its also a series, not one game that they dumped so hard they didn't even bother to patch it for 1X :rofl:  

No need to Google. I was there when games were released. I still remember posting that article in thread lol.

And yes,  games were good. I have played all 3 but 1st sold the best but sequels failed to match sales of first one. 2nd sold less than 1st and 3rd sold worst out of all. 

As far SO is concerned game bombed in sales just like Resistance sequels. Im not denying it lol.

7 hours ago, AnK said:

R2 sold 3m copies 

that too in 2008 on one system 

Is that considered flop?!?

Quoting an article that compares first week sales of R1 which was a launch title with practically no other exclusive in action/shooter genre 

with R2 which came out after PS3 had exclusives like Uncharted,R&C,MGS4 out on the market?!? 

Abbey isko koi tadi paar kyu nahi karta IVG se :ack: 

Sunset lifetime sales over 2million just like R3. So its a SUCCESS ?

And Ryse Son of Rome not a flop?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bogorad222/status/1276254536332644359

You decide if it flop or not. So if game reaches millions in life time then its not flop? Ok then. So don't call Ryse and Sunset overdrive flop lol.

Man i don't know why you all trying hard to convince that Resistance series was a success. Insomniac themselves not interested making it anymore. They got succesful RnC franchise and juggernaut Spiderman 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Liquid metal cooling in PS5

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020162417&tab=FULLTEXT&_cid=P20-KDUB59-01124-1

sFhEIdpjf0PBvlqXZhBsMw1MVzUxPMoPPV4gH5XG

The diagram shows barrier (33) around the chip and capacitors (16) being sealed under insulators. Liquid metal is electrically conductive so it needs to be isolated from other electric components around it.

4 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

hey, just noticed that my base ps4 shows an option for HDR , i thought HDR was only available on PRO ? 

Nope. It's available also on ps4 unlike xbox where the base version was shafted and HDR was touted a big selling point of xbox slim. Ps4 just updated a firmware and that's all. 

Just now, KnackChap said:

Nope. It's available also on ps4 unlike xbox where the base version was shafted and HDR was touted a big selling point of xbox slim. Ps4 just updated a firmware and that's all. 

awesome .... have you tried it ? does it overheat the ps4 or something ? my ps4 already makes a lot of noise while playing some of the demanding games !

56 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020162417&tab=FULLTEXT&_cid=P20-KDUB59-01124-1

The diagram shows barrier (33) around the chip and capacitors (16) being sealed under insulators. Liquid metal is electrically conductive so it needs to be isolated from other electric components around it.

Didnt someone post a few months back that according to his sources Sony was having major heating problems with ps5? Which member was that, cant seem to remember. :lol:

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Didnt someone post a few months back that according to his sources Sony was having major heating problems with ps5? Which member was that, cant seem to remember. :lol:

Sources say a lot of things when you are launching  a $500 cuboid with no games, and le flagship getting delayed because pic related

50c.png

tbh when le governments or le evil corps say something, people have to be 400 IQ rebels etc with the replies and "questions", when some random goy on the internet says muh sources, so many people will believe what he says :rofl:

59 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

awesome .... have you tried it ? does it overheat the ps4 or something ? my ps4 already makes a lot of noise while playing some of the demanding games !

No issues. I have been playing on HDR since last 2 years,zero issues yet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Nope. TV doesn't support it. Don't think turning HDR on will have any effect on ps4

• Thanks 1

crazy!

It's nice to see they are delivering things people didn't even know about, quietly w/o making any noise, unlike other company which is building expectations and fking it up.

12 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah Jez from windowscentral or something. Every time MS shoots itself in the foot, these guys come up with something fake to "balance the scale" of bad news.

Cool, now hoping every PS4 game is backwards compatible and if possible with enhancements, need my library 100% working.

55 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Look who's decided to show up :P

Haha, hey CC, I have been away for far too long, miss the good old PS3 days here. Those were the days... Good to see so many are still here. :)