The Playstation 5 thread

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-09-15-sony-reportedly-cuts-ps5-production-by-4m-units 

Sony: "We have not changed the production number for PlayStation 5". Hardware maker denies reports it has cut production by 4 million units

Good, they debunked it.

It would've affected their forecast and would have given negative sentiments to investors.

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

They should do that - Spidey enhanced and show they can offer something new and free. Most of the PS4 Plus games have been sad because everyone would have mostly played it at launch or sooner... the only game I loved on PS Plus which I had not played initially was BloodBorne.. 

......  And tonight let’s make this thread pages back to more than the SX thread :punk:

The thread pages for SX is more, all for the bad reasons :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

If they do actually show FF16 (which i doubt), i hope we get back to active turn-based combat. Whatever little i have played of FF15, combat is awful. No more action combat sh*t please

Turn based combat is outdated and should have been left in 90s. :fear:

Having said that the mix of ATB and real time in FF7 remake is perfect.

Just now, playstationdude said:

Turn based is infinitely better than the sh*t that we have in FF15. Haven't played FF7 remakes, so can't comment. If FF16 again has complete action combat system, i would be skipping it.

12 hours ago, Shantz said:

If it's really 449, ms will be selling there's at 399 within an year.

There is no need for price war if Sony sells at a lower price in the beginning. The 1st year is a spring-board and can gain an advantage. Plus, even if MS reduces prices, you are ignoring one important factor - Games. Within 1 year Sony will have released Horizon 2, Ratchet, Spiderman and all launch titles and we will be sitting with God of War 2 Trailer/Ghost of Tsushima 2 Trailer/ New IP Trailer etc. So you think people will mind forking over an extra $50-100 for all that. After all, consoles have to last for 5-8 years, so better to get the slightly more expensive one and future-proof.

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

If his predictions true then it will be a kick a*s show. FF16 and Starfield both 1 year timed exclusive?  God damn. 

You guys are getting hyped up too much. This will only lead to disappointment. Forget exclusive, FF16 being announced itself is a very slim chance. It will cannibalize and take the team away from FF7 Remake Part 2 (Which will most probably be at least 1 year timed exclusive). I highly doubt Bethesda is making Starfeld exclusive as well (If it ever comes out that is, and is not a bug filled mess)

The major game that can be shown though is FF7 Part 2. It will most likely be a timed console exclusive (Just like Part 1) and a 2021/2022 release date seems just about right.

11 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Turn based is infinitely better than the sh*t that we have in FF15. Haven't played FF7 remakes, so can't comment. If FF16 again has complete action combat system, i would be skipping it.

You should check out FF7 remake. The demo is free on psn and will offer you a taste of the combat.

You should check out FF7 remake. The demo is free on psn and will offer you a taste of the combat.

That is on my radar but i am not sure how much i really want to play the game considering how minuscule it is in terms of overall FF7 story

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

That is on my radar but i am not sure how much i really want to play the game considering how minuscule it is in terms of overall FF7 story

It doesnt cover the story but offers a very good conclusion to part 1 in itself.

My favourite game this gen, next to BOTW.

• Like 1

Just now, adity said:

Your opinion has zero value because you don't like yakuza 0.

Reveal hidden contents

jk

Fr though you need to play persona 5. Don't miss out on it because you think turn based isn't good. 

Even Sega doesnt care about Yakuza, which is why they are sending Like a dragon out to die as an exclusive on Xbox :P

1 minute ago, adity said:

Your opinion has zero value because you don't like yakuza 0.

:O

Even Sega doesnt care about Yakuza, which is why they are sending Like a dragon out to die as an exclusive on Xbox :P

You take that back :ranting:

Spoiler

j/k

29 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Turn based is outdated? My dude, it's clear you've skipped out Persona Games, Cold Steel Games, Dragon Quest etc. Each of which I will rate above Final Fantasy 7 Remake, though that is a good game as well. Then you have the other type of Turn based games like Divinity Original Sin 2, Banner Saga etc. which are also far, far more tactical than FF7R.

No, FF7R is an excellent, amazing game. It had an amazing gameplay. It's fusion style was fun. But no, turn based games are far from dead. They are in fact thriving.

Also, thing about FF - they are always experimenting. If they go back to Turn Based, it will be excellent as well (13 Gameplay wise was very much fun). So you can expect them to create a new turn based style if they go back to turn based and it will be fun as well. We will get the Fusion style back in FF7R Part 2, but it will be boring if they keep on repeating it. Playing FF12 Zodiac Age, it was really fun and the turn based aspect was a major part of it. License system was fun and you could get tons of builds.You had potential to go crazy creative.

Want to know another fun style they can go - the FF14 style. They really nailed the combat and action there. The amount of stuff you can do and the variety of playstyles is mind-boggling. If they can expand it to fit SP games and limited characters - you might just have some of the best combat system out of all FFs (Yes better than FF7R as well). 

54 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

If they do actually show FF16 (which i doubt), i hope we get back to active turn-based combat. Whatever little i have played of FF15, combat is awful. No more action combat sh*t please

Way too much smoke for FF16, even some sparks. Would be shocked if didn't show up.

11 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I stand by my statement. Its no fun to input commands and watch animations while the character does the beating, or standing helpless while the boss is kicking my a*s. 

But to each his own I guess.

If that's how you feel, you really should try FF14 sometime. Play a Dragoon, you are jumping around the entire map landing crits left and right. Play a Dancer and you are running around buffing your entire party (you can pick a dance partner to dance with to specially buff as well) while at the same time throwing around your knives like in Arabian Knights. And that's just 2 classes. All in real time and in action.

But I will also stand by my statement. Turn Based FF is also absolutely fun and I will love it if it returns to that as well. Action Based FF - you already have Kingdom Hearts and Nier, no need to permanently drag FF there as well. Fusion style is also fun and will be there in FF7R Part 2, but only keeping that will become stale and boring.

Edited by roun90