The Playstation 5 thread

Somehow I feel Sony is wasting resources on unnecssary features like proprietary 3d audio, Wifi 6 , Etc. Most will not even matter much to the normal guy.

Whereas MS is branding series X with Dolby vision and Dolby atmos, features that will attract people.

Edited by playstationdude

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Somehow I feel Sony is wasting resources on unnecssary features like proprietary 3d audio, Wifi 6 , Etc. Most will not even matter much to the normal guy.

This is going to be fixed config for next 7-10 years for most people buying it. So better be future proof (reg wifi 6). 

Also regd 3D Audio, you haven't heard it. so don't be dismissive............................. yet. 

Edited by Pacifier

6 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

This is going to be fixed config for next 7-10 years for most people buying it. So better be future proof (reg wifi 6). 

Also regd 3D Audio, you haven't heard it. so don't be dismissive............................. yet. 

Not dissing 3d audio but dolby atmos is the IT standard at the moment, with every high end audio company using it for their high range products. Same for DV. Would have been great to have those features.

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Not dissing 3d audio but dolby atmos is the IT standard at the moment, with every high end audio company using it for their high range products. Same for DV. Would have been great to have those features.

Sure agreed. They should have also added support for Atmos. But i am pretty sure they have their reasons to push this instead of that. Sony is also very good on Audio front, so may be this is indeed better? Let's see. 

Also i think Atmos support on Xbox is additional purchase. Not sure about next gen though

15 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Sure agreed. They should have also added support for Atmos. But i am pretty sure they have their reasons to push this instead of that. Sony is also very good on Audio front, so may be this is indeed better? Let's see. 

Also i think Atmos support on Xbox is additional purchase. Not sure about next gen though

With all that 100+ audio source explanation Cerny gave at the very first developer video for its Tempest engine and 3D audio, I'm kinda looking forward to what they have to offer. If it's really good, I'll probably get the PS5 headset shown during reveal. Been using earphones since forever for multiplayer games. 

50 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Whereas MS is branding series X with Dolby vision and Dolby atmos, features that will attract people.

Bruh its the exact opposite. Dolby Atmos is the proprietary audio, the one in PS5 isn't. They neither need to pay licensing fees to Dolby, nor do you need Dolby headphones to fully utilize 3D audio.

Just now, CarbonCore said:

Bruh its the exact opposite. Dolby Atmos is the proprietary audio, the one in PS5 isn't. They neither need to pay licensing fees to Dolby, nor do you need Dolby headphones to fully utilize 3D audio.

If my TV/Future system upgrade can actually take advantage of their tech, well and good.

But a lack of DV is a real bummer given most devs are now using HDR in games and it makes a BIG difference in video quality (personal use case on OLED).

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Hardware that supports Dolby vision, atmos etc are so damn expensive, plus you need to burst your head with amplifiers, pass through, supported TVs and what not.

Sony’s solution is the easiest way to experience quality audio.

Edited by kmkaks

1 hour ago, Shantz said:

^^ Spectra has quite cheap plans. You are confusing it with some other ISP probably.

Availability sucks. Its not widely available in many cities. Spectranet plans good and better than most ISPs but they just don't have same reach as Jio and Airtel.