The Playstation 5 thread

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/ps5/?smcid=pdc%3Aen-in%3Aexplore-ps4%3Aprimary%20nav%3Amsg-hardware%3Aps5

PlayStation India website was updated, says launch on November 19, 2020. Nothing on pricing (yet).

They better give us a heads up and don't randomly open pre-orders.

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

That's what they are gonna do ?

I hope not, FK/Amazon generally put out time and date before opening up pre-orders for mobile phones/TVs. Hopefully, the same for PS5.

But, the scalpers just load up money in the wallet and snag it straight away! Hearing how the supply is super-limited just makes me worry about the situation here, imagine if likes of FK/Amazon get 100 units each, they'll be gone within seconds!

Edited by Kushagra

19 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

I hope not, FK/Amazon generally put out time and date before opening up pre-orders for mobile phones/TVs. Hopefully, the same for PS5.

But, the scalpers just load up money in the wallet and snag it straight away! Hearing how the supply is super-limited just makes me worry about the situation here, imagine if likes of FK/Amazon get 100 units each, they'll be gone within seconds!

Yeah it's a field day for scalpers ?

Just spent over an hour reading the last 15-20 pages of this thread. Sony's put the nail in the coffin, the Indian pricing is all thats left to be seen.

1. The PS Plus collection is free to play with an active sub only at launch, or are those titles free to play on PS5 forever? My current sub is till April next year, worth getting an extension next time the 1 Year sub goes on sale? In case they jack up the Indian pricing when PS5 drops?

2. I'd initially considered that the US pricing would be a lot better (might still be), so I'll get it in 2021 when either I can go, or a friend can bring. I wasn't on the Miles Morales hype train as original Spidey is still sitting in the plastic wrap on my shelf. What I'm wondering is, if there ain't really much of a price drop over the year, is it worth buying at launch?

Most of my PS4 games are still unplayed. Do I just sell everything and jump ship, to play GOW, Persona 5, inFamous etc directly on PS5? 

3. How many of you are buying at launch? And what are your thoughts on importing this thing? It looks really big and heavy, so not very keen on doing so myself.

If you're buying at launch, what about the current gen stuff? Don't think one can recover much cash right now.

Sony gave plenty of reasons to grab at launch, but nothing yet that isn't on PS4 as well, so I'm confused. I'll stick it out with my PS4 Pro for now, its only been a year with it. 

Will just avoid buying more games and titles that are available on PS5, and clear backlog as fast as possible..........

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Horizon Forbidden West and miles Morales are both on PS4. This makes me really happy because I won't be disappointed if I can't grab a PS5 at launch. 

Miles I can understand since its just Spidey 1.5, but why Forbidden West on PS4?? Will just be holding it back. Sad. 

"Ryan said he expects up to four years for the PlayStation 4′s expected life span, which makes sense considering the console’s large install base. The PlayStation 2 had a life span of about 13 years, and developers continued to support it several years after the PlayStation 3 approached its middle age.

“The PS4 community will continue to be incredibly important to us for three or four years,” Ryan said. “Many will transition to PS5, we hope if we do our job well, but tens of millions will still be engaged with the PS4.”

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Miles I can understand since its just Spidey 1.5, but why Forbidden West on PS4?? Will just be holding it back. Sad. 

why holding back ? Based on what they showed in last event it definitely look PS5 game...I would see it as not holding back but go all in for PS5.. just downgrading the PS5 version to run on PS4 at 1080 30 FPS .... most of us have seen how badass LOU2 looked on the base PS4 as well so it won’t be trash or something...

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

why holding back ? Based on what they showed in last event it definitely look PS5 game...I would see it as not holding back but go all in for PS5.. just downgrading the PS5 version to run on PS4 at 1080 30 FPS .... most of us have seen how badass LOU2 looked on the base PS4 as well so it won’t be trash or something...

Highest install base is still on PS4, so they wil optimize for PS4 and put most efforts there. Yes the trailer looked amazing, but better to wait and see what final game looks like.