The Playstation 5 thread

What does everyone think about the price difference in digital and normal edition? Assuming the price is 40k and 50k respecively in India, Which version are you guys looking at? I am very confused in this regard.

Note: I dont have any ps4 discs as I did not own a ps4 and pretty much the only reason I am planning to buy ps5 over series x is the exclusives.

Please explain your choice/decision as that will help me decide also!

As someone who only plans to get this for PS exclusives, I'm confused too. Difficult decision.

I skipped PS4 so there's lots of games for me to play, but i'm thinking whther to get those games from TP or PS Store

Also don't how many future exclusives there will be and if they start appearing on PC then getting PS5 is a loss for me since I already have a gaming pc :scratchchin:

Edited by dylanjosh

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps-blog-spider-man-miles-morales-sackboy-a-big-adventure-and-horizon-forbidden-west-will-launch-on-ps4-too.287933/page-23#post-45609677

Guy has point 

Somewhat? Try entirely. Two possibilities exist. Either sony knew all along they would be doing this, or they changed their mind.

IN the former case, it means they stirred up console war stuff, dissed pro consumer moves, and attacked the competition for something they were going to do. That's plain shitty. In the latter case, it means all that talk about spider-man and horizon needing the SSD to work was a lie...and sony was dissing pro consumer moves simply because the competition came up with it first.

It's especially bad that the next gen upgrade for spider-man is locked behind a 20 dollar paywall, when such upgrades on the xbox are free. So sony is not only doing the thing they attacked microsoft for doing...but they are doing a worse version of it.

Wherever you stand on the issue, microsoft laid out their gaming philosophy years ago and have stuck to it. Through ridicule to thepoint now where even their staunchest rivals are being froced to adopt it. Sony has not articulated a philosophy for next gen beyond 'SSD! SSD! SSD!'. Today's news means they have either gone back on that philosophy, or never really had it.

Had they simply gone along with microsoft form the get go this would not be an issue, but sony used this as a wedge issue to differentiate their ecosystem form microsoft.

What a post by this guy 100% agree. Damn we need people like him here. Lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

11 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Games are 70 bucks. Preorder plan cancelled. Dont want to spend 5k per game. 

Will wait out the first half of 2021 by then some games will be cheaper in second hand market.

I never had any plans to get a launch version but still thinks it's better to wait a year or two.

43 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Just spent over an hour reading the last 15-20 pages of this thread. Sony's put the nail in the coffin, the Indian pricing is all thats left to be seen.

1. The PS Plus collection is free to play with an active sub only at launch, or are those titles free to play on PS5 forever? My current sub is till April next year, worth getting an extension next time the 1 Year sub goes on sale? In case they jack up the Indian pricing when PS5 drops?

2. I'd initially considered that the US pricing would be a lot better (might still be), so I'll get it in 2021 when either I can go, or a friend can bring. I wasn't on the Miles Morales hype train as original Spidey is still sitting in the plastic wrap on my shelf. What I'm wondering is, if there ain't really much of a price drop over the year, is it worth buying at launch?

Most of my PS4 games are still unplayed. Do I just sell everything and jump ship, to play GOW, Persona 5, inFamous etc directly on PS5? 

3. How many of you are buying at launch? And what are your thoughts on importing this thing? It looks really big and heavy, so not very keen on doing so myself.

If you're buying at launch, what about the current gen stuff? Don't think one can recover much cash right now.

Sony gave plenty of reasons to grab at launch, but nothing yet that isn't on PS4 as well, so I'm confused. I'll stick it out with my PS4 Pro for now, its only been a year with it. 

Will just avoid buying more games and titles that are available on PS5, and clear backlog as fast as possible..........

I am not going to pick it up at launch. Will wait for next year’s Big Billion Day Sale.

Also would like to see the hardware reliability for the initial first year. I picked up the launch PS4 console when it launched in India and had to get it replaced twice due to disc eject issue which many of the launch edition console faced. Once I got the replacement free as it was in Warranty and the other time I had to pay 50% off the Mrp. So I am definitely going to wait this time.

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

As someone who only plans to get this for PS exclusives, I'm confused too. Difficult decision.

I skipped PS4 so there's lots of games for me to play, but i'm thinking whther to get those games from TP or PS Store

Also don't how many future exclusives there will be and if they start appearing on PC then getting PS5 is a loss for me since I already have a gaming pc :scratchchin:

PS5 still solid system and worth buying. It will outsell XSX easy worldwide at launch and overall. If you interested then get it. 

But i personally suggest waiting next year when God of War 2 is out.

Im doing same for both. XSX, i will get till MS shows me some next gen stuff.  Im not sold on either box right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

What does everyone think about the price difference in digital and normal edition? Assuming the price is 40k and 50k respecively in India, Which version are you guys looking at? I am very confused in this regard.

Note: I dont have any ps4 discs as I did not own a ps4 and pretty much the only reason I am planning to buy ps5 over series x is the exclusives.

Please explain your choice/decision as that will help me decide also!

Disc version as I can play used games on it or I can borrow disc from my friends or IVG library (if it's a thing then :P )

Unlike now , Hopefully during the ps5 era ivg library will have a lot of library members :P

Edited by kold_war

37 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

"Ryan said he expects up to four years for the PlayStation 4′s expected life span, which makes sense considering the console’s large install base. The PlayStation 2 had a life span of about 13 years, and developers continued to support it several years after the PlayStation 3 approached its middle age.

“The PS4 community will continue to be incredibly important to us for three or four years,” Ryan said. “Many will transition to PS5, we hope if we do our job well, but tens of millions will still be engaged with the PS4.”

:rolleyes:

That back flip :P

Gotta feel sorry for Sony fanboys, Jim is like a savage butcher leading his loyal herd to slaughter. Lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

Well, sucks that they went back in their language of "believe in only next generations".

But hey, at least they didn't falsely promise 100% support for 1 or 2 year and then not release any games in that time period.

If R&C comes to PS4, then it will be very bad for their reputation.

I can see mix of PS4/PS5 and only PS5 titles in launch year itself. May be they will also delay PS4 version in some instances

2 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

But hey, at least they didn't falsely promise 100% support for 1 or 2 year and then not release any games in that time period.

Best part :rofl:

MS -> Promise to support Current gen console for the next 2 years

Also MS-> No game release forseeable in the next 1 year

Problem solved

:rofl:

But yeah, Sony shouldnt backtrack. If R&C is on ps4, all that SSD SSD BS is pretty much down the gutter.

4 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Well, sucks that they went back in their language of "believe in only next generations".

If R&C comes to PS4, then it will be very bad for their reputation.

I can see mix of PS4/PS5 and only PS5 titles in launch year itself. May be they will also delay PS4 version in some instances

Wut lol

9 minutes ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

I am not going to pick it up at launch. Will wait for next year’s Big Billion Day Sale.

Also would like to see the hardware reliability for the initial first year. I picked up the launch PS4 console when it launched in India and had to get it replaced twice due to disc eject issue which many of the launch edition console faced. Once I got the replacement free as it was in Warranty and the other time I had to pay 50% off the Mrp. So I am definitely going to wait this time.

I got launch ps4 day 1. Its been over 6.5 years now. No isues :P