The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, hope said:

They really need to consider that 15 million production thing.

I would be surprised if this sells 2-3 million by March. 

It'll sell more than that

1 minute ago, koolkunz said:

Have they announced anything regarding playing ps4 discs on the ps5? I know that was not possible for ps3 discs on ps4 but xbox 360 discs worked on xbox one. Would also be interesting to know if existing spiderman owners will get free upgrade to remastered version (not talking about miles morales but just the remaster of the original game that will be included with miles morales ultimate edition)

I think they announced yesterday that Spiderman along with other games is free on ps plus for ps5.

7 minutes ago, hope said:

They really need to consider that 15 million production thing.

I would be surprised if this sells 2-3 million by March. 

Then prepared to be surprised it will easily sell 7-8 million in the first quarter. I don't think 15 million is an official figure.

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I think they announced yesterday that Spiderman along with other games is free on ps plus for ps5.

Spiderman is not in the free on ps plus list.

These are the games that will be free on ps plus: God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Final Fantasy XV, Fallout 4, Mortal Kombat X, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Ratchet & Clank, Days Gone, Until Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Battlefield 1, Infamous Second Son, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Last Guardian, The Last of Us Remastered, Persona 5, and Resident Evil 7

And anyway I want know what happens to disc/digital owners of these games (plus spiderman). Will the discs work on ps5 and if they work will they work in ps4 mode or will they get ps5 remastered update for free.

Edited by koolkunz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

Have they announced anything regarding playing ps4 discs on the ps5? I know that was not possible for ps3 discs on ps4 but xbox 360 discs worked on xbox one. Would also be interesting to know if existing spiderman owners will get free upgrade to remastered version (not talking about miles morales but just the remaster of the original game that will be included with miles morales ultimate edition)

I think PS4 disc will be NO on PS5, If you bought a digital copy then you can download the game on PS5 and play, they should be putting up a list soon which are these games going to be...

2 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

bbbd0645846ac66196ce229a371f4ee0.jpg
Not sure if this means the disc will work or the box will have a code for PS5 version. Again, lack of clarity.

This says free upgrade for people who buy miles morales (which is great) but nothing is mentioned for people that already own the original game on ps4.

9 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Brazil pricing revealed holyshit 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-ps5-prices-in-brazil-up-to-r-5000.288134/

I'll put the price in dollars with today's (09/16/2020) value just for everyone to see how f**ked up Brazil is)

PS5 Digital Edition – R$4.499,00 (~U$860,00)
PS5 – R$4.999,00 (~U$955,00)

DualSense™ – R$499 (~U$95,00)
PULSE 3D™ – R$599 (~U$115,00)
HD Camera – R$449 (~U$85,00)
Media Controller – R$ 199 (~U$38,00)

Nothing to be surprised about because Brazil prices are always on the high end.

1 minute ago, adity said:

All the bickering aside, the event was hype as hell.

I am sold on the system but there are still things I don't like: 

1. No clarity on BC. Xbox giving not only BC but increased resolution and frames. 

2. Cross gen potentially holding back games. 

3. $70. Couldn't stay at 60 forever but still sucks. 

4. Spiderman remastered should be offered to existing owners ideally or some nominal charge like $10. I don't want to pay for enhancement patches for all games I own. At the very least, we should get the option to run BC games at higher frames and res. If we want raytracing, enhanced textures, particle effects, etc we can buy the remasters.

I  agree.... but let's hope the game price increase here in India is only of 500rs making games 4499.

16 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Brazil pricing revealed holyshit 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-ps5-prices-in-brazil-up-to-r-5000.288134/

I'll put the price in dollars with today's (09/16/2020) value just for everyone to see how f**ked up Brazil is)

PS5 Digital Edition – R$4.499,00 (~U$860,00)
PS5 – R$4.999,00 (~U$955,00)

DualSense™ – R$499 (~U$95,00)
PULSE 3D™ – R$599 (~U$115,00)
HD Camera – R$449 (~U$85,00)
Media Controller – R$ 199 (~U$38,00)

Brazil has lot of weird taxes, so the price is expected to be on the higher side.

51 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

No, not kidding.

Fairly certain would be offered 33k instantly.

But wouldn't sell below 38k shipped.

Won't mind more but I think 40 won't be bad.

Maybe some years later I would be offered an exchange with PS5 in a straight swap.

Keep holding it in hopes for more money and see it go down to 15k. You will be lucky to get 22-24k for it right now.

Just think, would you offer anyone 33-40k for a ps4 pro if you were in market for one when it's so old and Ps5 digi will be available for 40k?

I don't know what you are thinking dude but I guess everyone now thinks you are trolling.

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Keep holding it in hopes for more money and see it go down to 15k. You will be lucky to get 22-24k for it right now.

Just think, would you offer anyone 33-40k for a ps4 pro if you were in market for one when it's so old and Ps5 digi will be available for 40k?

I don't know what you are thinking dude but I guess everyone now thinks you are trolling.

He has a god of war edition pro so I think thats why. But 33k is still a big stretch imo. Maybe if he sells it on ebay to a collector or something.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Not sure if this means the disc will work or the box will have a code for PS5 version. Again, lack of clarity.

It's simple. Digital versions will work on both PS5 Consoles, while Disc will only work on PS5 with disc drive. No code just insert the disc and you'll have an next gen update/Patch

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

Doesn’t this pretty much confirm that only these three titles are cross-gen

meaning GoW,Ratchet & GT7 are next gen only?!?!

Correct and I don't think they will stretch any more exclusives like this, Definitely not GOW, R&C is out of question because they have stressed so much on SSD, GT7 lets not even go there 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Doesn’t this pretty much confirm that only these three titles are cross-gen

meaning GoW,Ratchet & GT7 are next gen only?!?!

Sony is not confirming Platforms for God of War 2 n all. At Reveal they said Horizon only possible on PS5 and exclusive to PS5 but now its PS4. So cant trust them till game is out especially after their Ceo said that they plan to support PS4 for next 4 years.

Anyway,