The Playstation 5 thread

Don’t really care about cross gen support for the PS4. I have no intention of paying for a game on PS4 when I know I can play a better version of it on the PS5.

Plenty of PS4 games out there that I haven’t yet bought and even more that I have bought and not played. Imma chill with my PS4 for the next 12-18 months and hopefully by then Sony would have sorted all the early adopter hiccups and I can buy a solid console with a decent library of proper next gen titles.

I just need all my PS4 library to carry over to PS5. I don’t want to keep around 2 consoles and I don’t want to lose all my PS4 games either.

Edited by Nikushimi

13 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

It's simple. Digital versions will work on both PS5 Consoles, while Disc will only work on PS5 with disc drive. No code just insert the disc and you'll have an next gen update/Patch

I hope this is so. If PS4 discs wont work with PS5 disc version, I won't be getting it at launch.

How hard is it for Sony to just say this, one statement and a ton of doubts cleared.

Edited by gecko89

It's simple. Digital versions will work on both PS5 Consoles, while Disc will only work on PS5 with disc drive. No code just insert the disc and you'll have an next gen update/Patch
I am also waiting for confirmation of this. I'm afraid we won't know until people actually try it out

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Not now, maybe 12 years from now.

People anyday offer cash plus PS2 for PS1.

So a straight swap is quite fair.

Could easily have have been ps5 plus cash if PS5 wasn't backward compatible.

What are you talking about? One can walk in into a CEX and get a boxed second hand PS4 pro at 33k, with 2 years warranty! A brand new one costs 38k I think, with 2-3 games bundled in.

That would be some poor soul who will get ripped off here. 40k for a new PS4 pro is crazy, let alone for an old one.

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Games are 70 bucks. Preorder plan cancelled. Dont want to spend 5k per game. 

Will wait out the first half of 2021 by then some games will be cheaper in second hand market.

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

As someone who only plans to get this for PS exclusives, I'm confused too. Difficult decision.

I skipped PS4 so there's lots of games for me to play, but i'm thinking whther to get those games from TP or PS Store

Also don't how many future exclusives there will be and if they start appearing on PC then getting PS5 is a loss for me since I already have a gaming pc :scratchchin:

Similar boat, was super hyped after the event last night but I'm considering just waiting for the first quarter at least and see how things pan out, especially with game pricing in India. At $70 price tag PS exclusive price tag,  the XSX + Game Pass seems like a better package economically. Building a PC + getting a PS5 mid gen. may be another way to go about it considering most of the games showcased yesterday will have PC versions too.

Yes, searched for a pic in mails.

This would instantly sell for 32-33k any time of the day.

But I would prefer to stretch it to 39k which is a possibility.

And 10 years from now, a PS5 straight swap would make great sense when normal ps5 would have lost its value.

Buying this is a regret though (was going through a bad time),

and selling it would be as well.

Can't buy the ps5 now.c82e474297db8cc5b57161df2aefd902.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

Edited by GunnerY2J
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Sony is not confirming Platforms for God of War 2 n all. At Reveal they said Horizon only possible on PS5 and exclusive to PS5 but now its PS4. So cant trust them till game is out especially after their Ceo said that they plan to support PS4 for next 4 years.

Anyway, 

4 years ?? Lol

link please 

Jim Ryan is the man :majesty:

So Guerilla started in 2017 n SSM in 2018 for the sequels. 

Which means, the only studio who can start from scratch on PS5 is :naughty:

Naughty Dog. Prepare to be shocked like never before. 

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

4 years is too much. He is probably bullshitting people.

He said 3-4 years. Imagine if cross-gen crapola extended for that long. We already have one weak-a*s system anchoring next-gen games, now imagine making games for Jaguar CPU in 2024.