The Playstation 5 thread

26 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Twitter poll by a random individual not indicative of actual worldwide sales for any system.

That's said PS5 outselling Xbox is pretty much expected. MS putting their games everywhere including PC and Cloud day and date. So there are not many reasons to invest in Series X unless you console only gamer.

Sample size is pretty huge.

This represents aware population, not average Johnny who will be getting the Console under his Christmas tree.

So there would be a large population which would be buying XSS, simply because of low price point.

xCloud launched day before officially, I am yet to read reviews...while it is targeted to be everywhere, in reality the reach will be highly dependent on user’s internet connection.

10 hours ago, Keano said:

Amazon with the clutch. Got my preorder in. 

tenor.gif?itemid=14559695 

Nice! Congrats! When do you expect you would receive the console? The don't ship before launch date, right?

6 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

bbbd0645846ac66196ce229a371f4ee0.jpg
Not sure if this means the disc will work or the box will have a code for PS5 version. Again, lack of clarity.

Seems like this means, that i will be able to the put PS4 game discs in a PS5 and that'll be it, right?

6 hours ago, adity said:

All the bickering aside, the event was hype as hell.

I am sold on the system but there are still things I don't like: 

1. No clarity on BC. Xbox giving not only BC but increased resolution and frames. 

2. Cross gen potentially holding back games. 

3. $70. Couldn't stay at 60 forever but still sucks. 

4. Spiderman remastered should be offered to existing owners ideally or some nominal charge like $10. I don't want to pay for enhancement patches for all games I own. At the very least, we should get the option to run BC games at higher frames and res. If we want raytracing, enhanced textures, particle effects, etc we can buy the remasters.

I also want to know about the 4th point. Will my PS4 spiderman disc run the remastered version of the game on PS5 or not. :(

54 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Looks like it’s time to loosen up the IVG Library eligibility criteria a bit. emoji854.png

But seriously, anyone with some money to invest in a new business should really look at game rentals based on these $70 prices.

By the way I spoke with Sony India. Some logistical issues are holding up the announcement of price and preorders.

I think they’re being a bit safe because BSI certification (both SKUs as well as all peripherals) takes time and import delays could mess up plans, more so due to Covid.

Aren't there any laws that prohibit renting out games for money?

31 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

//Looks at Indian prices. Looks at Indian release date

First world problems...

Hahaha... This time around even if i was still home, I would have tried getting it at Launch. Like i said here before, I have never got any console Day 1, and i was really looking forward to it. 

46 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

:ha:

:sign_banhim:

Edited by ayush12ice

2 minutes ago, adity said:

No there isn't. That's why you can get any movie on earth on Netflix DVD plan. 

There actually are laws, and you need permission of the publisher to rent out on a scale. A proper license is needed. Small operations go unnoticed but you still need to bribe the local policewaala.

6 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

There were a few hundred posts, but is there any definite info on whether PS4 discs will work on PS5?

Even the ones in the PS Plus collection, which will obviously run on the PS5?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

its kind of self explainatory now that the ps4 discs will work with ps5 as they have said 99 percent of games will work on ps5..

13 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

There were a few hundred posts, but is there any definite info on whether PS4 discs will work on PS5?

Even the ones in the PS Plus collection, which will obviously run on the PS5?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Yes, it will.

When you insert the PS4 disc, it may or may not offer an upgrade path depending on whether there is an upgrade provided by the publisher of that game.

From here, the upgrade may be free or paid, either way need to download the entire upgraded version of the game to play but you need to have the disc in the console to play it.

If there's no upgrade path offered, its basically backward compatible gaming.

This is what I understood from the official playstation site.

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/ps5/?smcid=pdc%3Aen-in%3Aprimary%20nav%3Amsg-hardware%3Aps5

Edited by gecko89

23 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Nothing such im aware of .

19 minutes ago, adity said:

No there isn't. That's why you can get any movie on earth on Netflix DVD plan. 

hmm... 

Below is what i thought.. 

15 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

There actually are laws, and you need permission of the publisher to rent out on a scale. A proper license is needed. Small operations go unnoticed but you still need to bribe the local policewaala.

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Looks like it’s time to loosen up the IVG Library eligibility criteria a bit. emoji854.png

But seriously, anyone with some money to invest in a new business should really look at game rentals based on these $70 prices.

By the way I spoke with Sony India. Some logistical issues are holding up the announcement of price and preorders.

I think they’re being a bit safe because BSI certification (both SKUs as well as all peripherals) takes time and import delays could mess up plans, more so due to Covid.

what are the odds that we get it with rest of the world?

4 minutes ago, sobbii said:

what are the odds that we get it with rest of the world?

Indian Playstation site says its launching November 19th. I'd say the odds are 100%.

Edit: I'm curious, If I were banned temporarily in IVG, how would I know ?

Edited by gecko89

Indian Playstation site says its launching November 19th. I'd say the odds are 100%.
It's been saying 19th since yesterday before the news came in no one knows the price no retailers have any idea or anything..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, sobbii said:

It's been saying 19th since yesterday before the news came in no one knows the price no retailers have any idea or anything..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it said 'Late 2020'.

Besides November 19th is still 2 months away.

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

The Indian playstation.com is not controlled by Sony India, so it was likely updated together for the whole world without exception. So I wouldn't take that as 100% confirmation. But it is confirmation that it will come at least close to that, otherwise Sony would have used different language in their announcement last night. They said Nov 19 for the whole world, except China.

Ohh :(

7 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

4 years ?? Lol

link please 

Jim Ryan is the man :majesty:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jim-ryan-the-ps4-community-will-continue-to-be-incredibly-important-to-us-for-three-or-four-years.288185/

Ryan said he expects up to four years for the PlayStation 4′s expected life span, which makes sense considering the console’s large install base. The PlayStation 2 had a life span of about 13 years, and developers continued to support it several years after the PlayStation 3 approached its middle age.

“The PS4 community will continue to be incredibly important to us for three or four years,” Ryan said. “Many will transition to PS5, we hope if we do our job well, but tens of millions will still be engaged with the PS4.”

check the comments :P

What a loser. The new Don Mattrick.

:rofl:

@playstationdude

VrRv3Hp.gif

Edited by WhiteWolf