The Playstation 5 thread

11 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

If developers didn't bother updating their games for ps4 pro / one X then they won't bother for PS5 & SX. Third party games are giving you that because they're releasing close or after new console launches. Sony will do the same with their cross gen games like sackboy, horizon etc

Yeah, I think so too.

But will be curious to see things on TLOU2 and GOT. are they going to be separate Remastered SKU only or will there be a free patch since both are relatively newer games.

49 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Firstly there are NOT many remasters or enhanced old games out there.. so we heard SpiderMan now, but what else ? Valhalla and Punk are anyway doing it because they are launching so close.. 

Next in line is obviously the recent block busters LOU2 and GOT, it’s a question first that are developers even working on a PS5 patch for these ? It’s been a while they launched so I doubt they would want to give it for free, I think they are still OK to charge a small $10 to support developers..

coming to Xbox it’s a different story altogether, The games that will be enhanced are all on GamePass, so if I am a new guy and buying a a Series X directly I definitely want to see all my games close to 4K 60 FPS.. so they are mostly getting their first party AAA like Gears, Forza ready for this.. it’s not that all third party Games on game pass also will be enhanced.. they will run same as One X like RDR2, GTA V etc

No man.

Consumer is paying with loyalty by keeping that disk. If there is additional content, I would gladly pay, not for visual updates.

Though I agree that in Spidey's case it's a overhaul, but still let's push companies to be more pro-consumer.

7 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Did they say they flat out wont give free upgrade to existing Spidey owners? Or is it one of those bot things where you jump the gun and then eat a shoe later?

Only 70$ ultimate edition announced so far which Tbh is not a bad deal at all because for 20$ extra you're getting the full game + 3 story dlc. 

4 minutes ago, Right said:

Yeah, I think so too.

But will be curious to see things on TLOU2 and GOT. are they going to be separate Remastered SKU only or will there be a free patch since both are relatively newer games

No idea. Maybe GOTY edition or tlou 2 and 1 bundle with enhancements to both. 

2 minutes ago, b!T said:

Is it true that only PS4 games has BC? no PS2 or PS3?

This is true

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

You sure she not connected? She is still owns IP and deeply involved anything Harry Porter 

She's still making money from it of course. But she's not "deeply involved". 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

You sure she not connected? She is still owns IP and deeply involved anything Harry Porter 

She will get money from all HP related stuff but she is not involved with the game. WB is making their own story inside Wizarding World. 

Just now, dylanjosh said:

This is true

Didn't have high expectations for it but disappointed nevertheless. PS3 with its cell architecture shot itself I guess.

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

She is not. She should quit all social media and go back to her cave. crappy human being.

5 minutes ago, b!T said:

What a f**kfest! :rofl: Sony taking the center stage now so MS can take a breather.

Is it true that only PS4 games has BC? no PS2 or PS3?

Are Bantu. Why would there be BC for ps2 n ps3 :ko:

Sony :doh: Clear the BC thing ffs. Too confusing. 

7 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Only 70$ ultimate edition announced so far which Tbh is not a bad deal at all because for 20$ extra you're getting the full game + 3 story dlc. 

I say this because MM PS4 version gets a free upgrade to PS5. If you buy $70 version on PS4, 99% they'll give you the license to existing PS4 Spidey Goty edition instead of making an entirely new SKU (like IOI does with Hitman)). So how will they block existing owners from getting an upgrade?

Just now, hope said:

Sony :doh: Clear the BC thing ffs. Too confusing. 

Bantu? what does that mean?

Also why not? I would like to use the PS2 and PS3 discs I have. Whats wrong with it?

Just now, b!T said:

Bantu? what does that mean?

Also why not? I would like to use the PS2 and PS3 discs I have. Whats wrong with it?

Use PS now for that. There is a specific service for it, you should know that.

Sony was clear from start about this. 

Bantu is a person who is ill informed. So you are Bantu ok. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

She will get money from all HP related stuff but she is not involved with the game. WB is making their own story inside Wizarding World. 

Ya, people dont want her to make any money of them. She getting Royalty is big NO for many. I could care less though. I never liked Harry Porter but this game looks good.

Just now, hope said:

Use PS now for that. There is a specific service for it, you should know that.

Sony was clear from start about this. 

Bantu is a person who is ill informed. So you are Bantu ok. 

Sure, Using a paid service is same as using old discs which I already paid for. I am not the only Bandu, eh? 

9 minutes ago, hope said:

MS is advertising that you can play games from all generations of Xbox. They had a team just to ensure backward compatability using emulation. Emulation is one of the most difficult tasks so I don't how good the end result will but even partial emulation is a win in my book

Edited by dylanjosh