The Playstation 5 thread

9 hours ago, RV1709 said:

If one has skipped last gen completely, I see very little reason why they’d be inclined to adopt next gen day one. They’ve most likely moved out of gaming 

I didn't move out of gaming, I shifted to gaming laptops because I had to move around a lot due to college/hostel. As I said I have not played any ps exclusives but I have been playing other third party games that release on pc.

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

MS is advertising that you can play games from all generations of Xbox. They had a team just to ensure backward compatability. 

Ofcourse they will. They have nothing new to show anyways. It isnt strategy, it is necessary.

Looks like you are also part of Bantu Gang.

Just now, hope said:

You, Zodak and Trigger are the Bantu Gang. 

lol, One statement criticizing Sony and I am with Zodak and Trigger. Anyway I give f**k all so whatever makes you sleep at night, Shahrukh.

• Haha 3

Just now, playstationdude said:

I do agree she needs to keep her transphobic comments to herself, but still calling her Garbage is too much. Majority of the people are transphobic btw. In india transgenders cant even find decent jobs/education.

majority of people dont have huge platforms and influence, audience to broadcast their views

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I do agree she needs to keep her transphobic comments to herself, but still calling her Garbage is too much. Majority of the people are transphobic btw. In india transgenders cant even find decent jobs/education.

India is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to sexism, racism and castism.

22 minutes ago, b!T said:

What a f**kfest! :rofl: Sony taking the center stage now so MS can take a breather.

Is it true that only PS4 games has BC? no PS2 or PS3?

Ummm...is it even worth spending thousands of man-hours testing BC on 100s of decade old games and then patching them to make them work.

So you can play the game you bought in 2006 ,on PS5 which you bought in 2020?

BC is nice to have but demanding it as birth-right is ridiculous, especially when there has been 3 architectural changes to consoles, dozens of developers who who worked on those games are disbanded, dead or both.

Just now, Right said:

Ummm...is it even worth spending thousands of man-hours testing BC on 100s of decade old games and then patching them to make them work.

BC is nice to have but demanding it as birth-right is ridiculous, especially when there has been 3 architectural changes to consoles, dozens of developers who who worked on those games are disbanded, dead or both.

I agree it might not be worth providing BC for PS3 games but making PS2 or PS1 to run on a console which can easily emulate said consoles is not a huge undertaking. I am not asking them to provide nextgen upgrades or resolution bump but just make it play. I've been a fan of Sony all this gen but MS clearly have them beaten on this BC front.

I am of this opinion because my PS2 is about to die so I would like to play those discs somewhere. Right now I use a PC but it would have been easier on a console. But to each his own I guess. And yes, before anyone asks, I do play old games now and then because I grew up with those and i am a bit nostalgic.

3 minutes ago, Right said:

Their pricing on ps1 ps2 classics is atrocious on ps store. 20 bucks wtf. Also ps3 games cannot be bought and played even from digital store. It sucks donkey balls cause I did miss a few ps3 games I would love to play now.

They should have atleast worked on emulating ps3 games .

23 minutes ago, b!T said:

I agree it might not be worth providing BC for PS3 games but making PS2 or PS1 to run on a console which can easily emulate said consoles is not a huge undertaking. I am not asking them to provide nextgen upgrades or resolution bump but just make it play. I've been a fan of Sony all this gen but MS clearly have them beaten on this BC front.

I am of this opinion because my PS2 is about to die so I would like to play those discs somewhere. Right now I use a PC but it would have been easier on a console. But to each his own I guess. And yes, before anyone asks, I do play old games now and then because I grew up with those and i am a bit nostalgic.

There is nothing wrong in desiring.

That said, you can still buy PS2 in India, in those national market kind of shops.

I saw a couple years back, I think it was going for 3000Rs, Less than the cost of one PS4 game.

There is nothing wrong in desiring.

That said, you can still buy PS2 in India, in those national market kind of shops.
I saw a couple years back, I think it was going for 3000Rs, Less than the cost of one PS4 game.
At this point might as well emulate it on any decent rig. PCSX2 is quite good.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Just now, i_rock098 said:

At this point might as well emulate it on any decent rig. PCSX2 is quite good.

second this.

unless ofc the point is to have the "feel" of PS2

If you just want to play the games then emulation is best

second this.
unless ofc the point is to have the "feel" of PS2
If you just want to play the games then emulation is best
The emulation scene is actually getting really good. I recently played BOTW on Cemu on upgraded textures and 60fps. The game looked and played better than the native console.

Just now, HundredProofSam said:

I'm guessing what will happen is the Ultimate Edition will get the 4K, 60 fps, RT support and you pay extra for that, while if you just put in your standard PS4 game disc, it will run in PS4 Pro mode. Since Jim Ryan said PS5 will support 99% PS4 games, I'm pretty sure PS4 version will work minus any upgrades.

Also, 47,990? :naughty:

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I'm guessing what will happen is the Ultimate Edition will get the 4K, 60 fps, RT support and you pay extra for that, while if you just put in your standard PS4 game disc, it will run in PS4 Pro mode. Since Jim Ryan said PS5 will support 99% PS4 games, I'm pretty sure PS4 version will work minus any upgrades.

Also, 47,990? :naughty:

IVG preorder :naughty: