The Playstation 5 thread

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Sony Considered Xbox Series S-Style PS5, Doesn't Think Lower Spec Models Have Had Success

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/sony_considered_xbox_series_s-style_ps5_doesnt_think_lower_spec_models_have_had_success

I'll gladly take one year of cross gen games over games being held back  for the next decade because of an "outdated " product. 

What models he talking about?  Give me such examples and no Xbox360 Arcade model and PS3 20gb not the same and Arcade models were selling like hot cakes back in 360 era.

Gimped 2DS model sold  millions and Switch Lite too. Switch Lite can't even Switch and work in Docked mode like Normal Switch but still called Switch lol

Man you need to stop Believing his

PR nonsense he feeding you. I pretty much ignore PR stuff Spencer says  now and you also need to do same.  Guy is liar and lied to everyone 

Edited by WhiteWolf

What is this lying about thing btw? 

What is the problem doing cross gen when say Horizon n Miles are built for PS5 groudup?

In xbox case,isnt Series S the bottleneck? Why is Sony being blamed here. 

Is there some statement by Jim i missed? 

What Jim also said is that lower spec model will be outdated very soon. And customers want their consoles to be relevant for 6-7 years. Which is a valid point. Also the article gives example of psp e series and wii mini though they came at the end of their respective generations. 

What is wrong if horizon and miles morales are available cross gen?

if the game is looking that good on ps5 then what is the issue over here ? Anyone will happily take it. It is not looking like a ps3/ps4 game. 

If it had not been looking great and been held back by ps4 then it would have made sense to have all this hue and cry. 

1 minute ago, puns said:

If we get a PS+ subscription for PS4 now, will it extend to PS5 and  I guess PlayStation Plus Collection will be a different subscription ?

It will continue, and the PlayStation Plus Collection will be part of the same subscription. Nothing extra to be bought to get that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, puns said:

If we get a PS+ subscription for PS4 now, will it extend to PS5 and  I guess PlayStation Plus Collection will be a different subscription ?

Yes. Ps plus collection is an added benefit for PS5 users just like some features and games were for ps4 users at launch

• Like 1

LOL @ certain people behaving  like supporting a prev generation console is just turning down settings slider and nothing more 

Remember when MS said they were supporting cross gen these pages were full of tweets by devs complaining and even IGN Xbot Ryan MacCaffrey doing a 180 and admitting that supporting cross gen was bad and was going to hold back games.

Now suddenly when Sony is doing the same, its all ok and simple and nothing is wrong with it. Cmon guys :doh: 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

What lies has "M$" spewed ? "M$" has been significantly more pro consumer in recent times specially for this next gen release.

Dont know about lies or pro-consumer. But M$ is definitely not smart about its next-gen plans. Xbox is still known as a power machine and not a game machine. 

As for PS5 cross-gen issue, this is all about customer entitlement. upgrades cost money and developers time and should not be free. If they give it for free, it’s good PR. 

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

LOL @ all the people behaving  like supporting a prev generation console is just turning down settings slider and nothing more 

When MS said they were supporting cross gen these pages were full of tweets by devs complaining and even IGN Xbot Ryan MacCaffrey doing a 180 and admitting that supporting cross gen was bad and was going to hold back games.

Now suddenly when Sony is doing the same, its all ok and simple and nothing is wrong with it. Cmon guys :doh: 

Yeah MM and Horizon might look better than Halo Infinite but make no mistake, they're being held back by current gen tech in terms of AI, gameplay, level design etc. The same rule applies to everyone. Sony 1st party isn't going to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

1 minute ago, TouchyFever said:

Still no news of Indian pricing and availability..its already sold out in US :(

How does it helps if you know them now. India probably won’t get it until Dec or Jan. Though stocks will be low, I guarantee it will not be sold out in India as it is prohibitively high and scalpers won’t find a buyer. 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

They need some external storage options for PS5 Digital if they want it to be a success 

2-3 years later games will be 150-200+ gb 

Whatever usable space that 850gb SSD provides will fill up fast 

though internet speeds will also go up I’m sure 

I think even sooner 

825gb  -175gb (reserved for os )comes to around 650gb 

6 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Dont know about lies or pro-consumer. But M$ is definitely not smart about its next-gen plans. Xbox is still known as a power machine and not a game machine. 

Being smart about its next gen plans is another topic altogether I just want to know what lies "M$" has spewed.

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah MM and Horizon might look better than Halo Infinite but make no mistake, they're being held back by current gen tech in terms of AI, gameplay, level design etc. The same rule applies to everyone. Sony 1st party isn't going to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Is asking for one extra year too much? They can’t ignore the customer base for PS4. Developers need to make as much money as they can.