The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Is asking for one extra year too much? They can’t ignore the customer base for PS4. Developers need to make as much money as they can.

Yeah no one wants to abandon large user base this early man. MS and Sony will not do that, atleast till 2022

10 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

How does it helps if you know them now. India probably won’t get it until Dec or Jan. Though stocks will be low, I guarantee it will not be sold out in India as it is prohibitively high and scalpers won’t find a buyer. 

Why not, whats wrong in knowing price and availability..if MS can do it so can Sony and moreover PS4 has been doing better so more than enough reason to get it here on launch

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Unless they have completely separate teams developing games, I really doubt that it'll be truly next gen. Its not just visuals. Gameplay is also designed with hardware capabilities in mind. Like, if ps4 is capable of showing only 5-6 monsters at one point then Aloy's capabilites, weapons, etc will be designed keeping that in mind. Those things won't change when you port a game to ps5. 

Aware of the obvious higher technical capabilities the PS5 offers but if we know the history, developers use full advantage of the console capabilities in the later stages of the its lifespan.

As for nature of games like Horizon and GOW Reboot, the number of monsters will be as limited as in the PS4 but their sizes will be bigger and detailed. Don’t expect numbers from Dynasty Warriors in these kind of games or they will look stupid or impossible to beat. 

44 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Is asking for one extra year too much? They can’t ignore the customer base for PS4. Developers need to make as much money as they can.

They have already done more than enough for the ps4 user base over the 7 year lifecycle. They churned out 2 of the best looking exclusives in the last year of ps4. What more do we as ps4 users want from them? 

Hey
I've been OOTL during the week due to work and only read the basics from the news launch on Thursday about US pricing and their Nov launch.

So is there any info for India in terms of pricing and launch? And where can I sign up for pre-order news (have already signed for Sony's newsletter and Amazon India's PS5 page)?

I'm excited to return to console gaming after 5-6 years, last was my PS3 which I'd sold back then after playing for ~3 years. [emoji2956]

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Its unclear if new games will be added at all to the PS Plus Collection. It sounds more like a one-time collection of "PS4 greatest hits". 

Well if they are saying its the next best thing then i guess games will be added overtime 

3 minutes ago, kkapoorr said:

Hey
I've been OOTL during the week due to work and only read the basics from the news launch on Thursday about US pricing and their Nov launch.

So is there any info for India in terms of pricing and launch? And where can I sign up for pre-order news (have already signed for Sony's newsletter and Amazon India's PS5 page)?

I'm excited to return to console gaming after 5-6 years, last was my PS3 which I'd sold back then after playing for ~3 years. emoji2956.png

1. Indian prices are 54999 and 44999

2. 19 Nov launch

3. Indian preorders sold out at Amazon(exclusive online partner for now)

troll GIF

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Well if they are saying its the next best thing then i guess games will be added overtime 

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Games might be added but most of us would've already played them by then. It's no game pass. 

Maybe 3rd party games older than 6-12 months, like gamepass does. 

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

They have already done more than enough for the ps4 user base over the 7 year lifecycle. They churned out 2 of the best looking exclusives in the last year of ps4. What more do we as ps4 users want from them? 

most from the PS4 user base worldwide will not be jumping ship in an instant. And the higher price for games may have slowed the adoption of the PS5. So give them at least an additional year before prices fall. Most of us are not crazy day one must have buyers. 

Has any info been given about for how long the ps plus collection will be available on ps plus to be claimed after ps5 launch? I am extremely interested in it as I did not have a ps4. 

Usually games are available to for a month only on ps plus, will that also be the case with ps plus collection?

13 minutes ago, AnK said:

PSplus is most likely a one time PS5 entry ticket 

Games won’t come & leave 

that’s never happened with PSplus or Gold 

you download it & can play whenever 

PSnow & GamesPass is that subscription 

& I think it’s about time both companies merge their two subscriptions into one 

Gamepass already includes all benefits of Gold. And for people that dont want gamepass can just get gold for less money. So xbox is doing the right thing with their subcriptions I feel.

Edited by koolkunz

15 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

Gamepass already includes all benefits of Gold. And for people that dont want gamepass can just get gold for less money. So xbox is doing the right thing with their subcriptions I feel,

Xbox live prices have been increased which is not the fair thing to do for those not interested in gamepass. Something xbox live related is going to happen for sure ,that too before launch.  They need to get rid of gold and convert existing xbox live subscribers to gamepass subscribers . Get a PR win in terms of free MP and jump to 30 million gamepass subscribers overnight.

increasing live prices to force people to adopt gamepass unfortunately is not the right strategy after all the pro consumer moves.

Edited by triggr happy ss

Gamepass looks sweet for its cheap deals, but lets kid ourselves. It is absolutely not sustainable for a company like Sony that relies on PS for a major part of its revenue.

I doubt its even making money for MS, they are likely doing it to attract people over to xbox.

And all the people who quote netflix as an example should do a quick google search to know that netflix is billions of dollars in debt with no significant amount having been paid dpwn.

Edited by playstationdude