The Playstation 5 thread

People are pissed on Amazon. Ryan f**ked up the preorders horribly. Don't worry, we'll give you plenty of notice :rofl:

But in hindsight, it actually gave humans to buy instead of bots.

Its a different thing there are many rumours that employees basically sent out backdoor links to people on Amazon, bestbuy, etc.

Edited by playstationdude

10 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

They should just quit the monthly game format for plus on PS5 and keep adding 2-3 titles every month for this collection unless their plan is to only add crème de la crème AAA blockbuster title in which case 2-4 titles every qtr seems fine

Yeah, I think they must be thinking on that line.

Need too check if "free" EA Play is exclusive for GP, or even Sony can get that.

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

yes for sure ,you are Right :rofl:

I'm only looking it at from the PoV of a new console buyer, or someone who is shifting from Xbox.

The current (and future potential for this )collection is fantastic looking at Sony FPs.

Even if they dont refresh the titles regularly, one is getting 18 games for FREE to start their PS5 journey with

11 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

People are pissed on Amazon. Ryan f**ked up the preorders horribly. Don't worry, we'll give you plenty of notice :rofl:

But in hindsight, it actually gave humans to buy instead of bots.

Its a different thing there are many rumours that employees basically sent out backdoor links to people on Amazon, bestbuy, etc.

They gave 2 days notice because pre-orders were suppose to go live on 18th. Its not their fault when retailers decided to jump the gun. The orders on Sony's own store went perfectly fine (besides the queue). MS is now threatening retailers who break the date with retaliation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

They gave 2 days notice because pre-orders were suppose to go live on 18th. Its not their fault when retailers decided to jump the gun. The orders on Sony's own store went perfectly fine (besides the queue). MS is now threatening retailers who break the date with retaliation.

I think it was Walmart that broke the date.

What is MS gonna do to retaliate anyway? Not allow Walmart, besbuy , amazon to sell xbox stuff? :rofl:

Oh man. This has to be vertical. No way I could stand (pun intended) looking at this thing while its horizontal.

Also, this is won't fit in my TV unit I just bought a couple months back. I bought one with 4 slots, keeping one free for PS5, and then they do this. 

5 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

So, why shouldn't ps4 controllers work on those ps4 games running on a ps5? Which dual sense features are gonna be used by these old games that we need a new controller for them?

The DS4 controller does work with ps4 games though.

Edited by playstationdude

4 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

So, why shouldn't ps4 controllers work on those ps4 games running on a ps5? Which dual sense features are gonna be used by these old games that we need a new controller for them?

Dont go there my friend ,no one has the answers here now that sony also has the crossgen approach. They want to milk you as much as possible.

4 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

They have said that ps4 controllers will work on ps4 games running on a ps5.

PS4 controllers wont work with PS5 games though (which is a d**k move by sony by the way but not much we can do in that regard)

How is it a dick move? Which console generation so far has had an older controller compatible with a current console? 

Just because MS is doing it (Only from this gen btw) not because of the generosity from their heart but only because they need to pull as many gimmicks as possible, doesnt put Sony in the wrong.

Also doesnt help MS's case that they sell a 170 bucks controller.

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

How is it a dick move? Which console generation so far has had an older controller compatible with a current console? 

Just because MS is doing it (Only from this gen btw) not because of the generosity from their heart but only because they need to pull as many gimmicks as possible, doesnt put Sony in the wrong.

Also doesnt help MS's case that they sell a 170 bucks controller.

The fact that ps4 controllers can connect to a ps5 and work with ps4 games running on ps5 simply means that sony ould chave easily added full support for ps4 controllers in all games (atleast those games that wont use the new features in the ps5 controller as I feel most if not all third party games wont). Anyway this doesn't hugely effect me as I did not have a ps4 so I did not have any ps4 controllers but for buying extra controllers for offline multiplayer with friends 2nd hand dualshock 4 wouldve been a very good option.

PS5 controller has some new tech as well which new games are supposed to be using. I remember Jeff Keighley breathing into controller during his Astro gameplay showcase. Thats why PS4 controller is not compatible with PS5 games. MS is holding back the innovation by sticking to basically same controller over last decade with just improved materials. Sony is pushing the envelope forward and that is in no way a dick move.  

1 minute ago, ZooZoo said:

ps6.jpg

As expected, Customer Care is Chu. I asked them about the release date of PS6 and they replied a copy pasted reply without even reading it or comprehending it. 

Hahaha. Yeah I've had some rather interesting convos via chat and email with them in the past which made me want to put my head through the wall. 

8 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

PS5 controller has some new tech as well which new games are supposed to be using. I remember Jeff Keighley breathing into controller during his Astro gameplay showcase. Thats why PS4 controller is not compatible with PS5 games. MS is holding back the innovation by sticking to basically same controller over last decade with just improved materials. Sony is pushing the envelope forward and that is in no way a dick move.  

Dont go there my friend ,no one has the answers here now that MS has shat the bed with their console. They want to milk you as much as possible with the same controller, Same UI and Same games and spend zilch on R&D or new technology. 

And btw Let this sink in..... In 2020 a controller still uses AAA batteries and people defend that sh*t or a new console releasing is less powerful than the old one. 

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Dont go there my friend ,no one has the answers here now that MS has shat the bed with their console. They want to milk you as much as possible with the same controller, Same UI and Same games and spend zilch on R&D or new technology. 

And btw Let this sink in..... In 2020 a controller still uses AAA batteries and people defend that sh*t or a new console releasing is less powerful than the old one. 

? But Gamepass?