The Playstation 5 thread

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Can't believe they still got AAA battery bullshite. Or have to pay up for their charging kit. 

When you use AAA battery, the controller also feels heavy. Way more compared to DS4. 

But it's the right kind of weight. Makes it feel just the right weight, the best kind of weight out of all the weights out there.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Can't believe they still got AAA battery bullshite. Or have to pay up for their charging kit. 

When you use AAA battery, the controller also feels heavy. Way more compared to DS4. 

I still don't get why they haven't moved to rechargeable internal batteries. I mean isnt it more convenient? 

26 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Dont go there my friend ,no one has the answers here now that MS has shat the bed with their console. They want to milk you as much as possible with the same controller, Same UI and Same games and spend zilch on R&D or new technology. 

And btw Let this sink in..... In 2020 a controller still uses AAA batteries and people defend that sh*t or a new console releasing is less powerful than the old one. 

Shat the bed with their console? Most people here keep forgetting that XSX is same price as PS5 despite being more powerful and will run games at higher settings/more stable framerates. Only reason I am getting PS5 over XSX is the exclusives.

Edit: Also I have used xbox 360 and xbox one controllers and even though I don't mind the batteries, I agree they should provide rechargeable batteries included.

Edited by koolkunz

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Only MS can spin the fact that they haven't done jackshit to improve the controller as consumer friendly :lol:

Let's see if they price the controller lower than their competitors. The xbox controller should be priced at nothing more than 30$ as it is atleast 2 generations behind in terms of technology. 

7 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

Shat the bed with their console? Most people here keep forgetting that XSX is same price as PS5 despite being more powerful and will run games at higher settings/more stable framerates. Only reason I am getting PS5 over XSX is the exclusives.

Edit: Also I have used xbox 360 and xbox one controllers and even though I don't mind the batteries, I agree they should provide rechargeable batteries included.

And what proof you have of XSX power? 

Answer is Zero. Nothing has been shown.lol.

It will look marginally better than PS5,nothing substancial. 

9 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

Have you seen a single gameplay video/comparison video to make a blanket statement?

I was gonna say Halo Infinite but remembered that was actually running on PC, probably beefy one and everyone knows how that looked.

And its so weird though, there's just 2 months left for launch and we've seen nothing indicative of those TFs MS wouldn't shut up about :/

15 minutes ago, Walker said:

I still don't get why they haven't moved to rechargeable internal batteries. I mean isnt it more convenient? 

They sell it for extra $25. I guess with amount of custom/limited controllers they have, they decided to stick with same old stuff. 

That said, Xbox controller is $60 + $25 charge kit = $85 for actual wireless experience.

PlayStation 5 controller - $70. Wireless rechargeable with all (new) features. 

14 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

Thats what eventually matters.

40 minutes ago, hope said:

And what proof you have of XSX power? 

Answer is Zero. Nothing has been shown.lol.

It will look marginally better than PS5,nothing substancial. 

39 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Have you seen a single gameplay video/comparison video to make a blanket statement?

I never said it will look substantially better, yes it will be marginal but it will still be better.

MS have shown no proof but it doesn't take a genius to understand that third party games made by the same developers will run better/smoother on the better spec'd machine however marginal that may be.

There is no need to just senselessly hate on anything ms/xbox do.

44 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

They sell it for extra $25. I guess with amount of custom/limited controllers they have, they decided to stick with same old stuff. 

That said, Xbox controller is $60 + $25 charge kit = $85 for actual wireless experience.

PlayStation 5 controller - $70. Wireless rechargeable with all (new) features. 

The xbox controller is still wireless without the charge kit? having to use AAA batteries doesnt mean the controller is not wireless.

7 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

I never said it will look substantially better, yes it will be marginal but it will still be better.

MS have shown no proof but it doesn't take a genius to understand that third party games made by the same developers will run better/smoother on the better spec'd machine however marginal that may be.

There is no need to just senselessly hate on anything ms/xbox do.

You do realize teraflops are only the number calculations it can do in a given timeframe, so while theoretically it has a higher TF it is very possible that such high number of calculations  per time frame are not even needed?

Edited by playstationdude

1 minute ago, koolkunz said:

The xbox controller is still wireless without the charge kit? having to use AAA batteries doesnt mean the controller is not wireless.

Of course wireless but it requires AAA batteries or charge kit which costs $25. 

For extra $10 it's not really a deal breaker on PS5 controller where it requires no batteries. 

1 minute ago, AnK said:

^^What’s the point of all that power when you bind it for the entirety of it’s life with an underpowered system that’s weaker than even it’s predecessor?!? 

You will see true next gen power on PS5 exclusives now 

I’m sure of it 

or if somehow Multiplatform developers get their right to ditch SeriesS as soon as possible 

I actually dont believe all this panic/drama over the series s will actually effect any third party game developer that was anyways going to release the same game on pc.

But you never know only time will tell (when games start releasing for both xbox's and ps5) if that actually has any effect whatsover.

And again I am not saying PS5 is underpowered or anything like that, if I felt that way I wouldn't be buying one.

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Of course wireless but it requires AAA batteries or charge kit which costs $25. 

For extra $10 it's not really a deal breaker on PS5 controller where it requires no batteries. 

Thats fine I have no complaints over the price difference between ps5 and xbox controllers