The Playstation 5 thread

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You do realize teraflops are only the number calculations it can do in a given timeframe, so while theoretically it has a higher TF it is very possible that such high number of calculations  per time frame are not even needed?

you could be right but from the specs it pretty clear that xsx is more powerful (don't forget ps5 is using variable frequency/boost for its performance numbers whereas xsx is constant frequency and I read somewhere people saying it is easier to develop for contstant frequency although I am not sure how true that is)

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Only MS can spin the fact that they haven't done jackshit to improve the controller as consumer friendly :lol:

Greenberg will pull out a survey, even before you ask.

Survey audience was carefully chosen bunch of technological Neanderthals, to whom concept of inbuilt batteries in the CEs, is yet to reach.

16 minutes ago, Right said:

Greenberg will pull out a survey, even before you ask.

Survey audience was carefully chosen bunch of technological Neanderthals, to whom concept of inbuilt batteries in the CEs, is yet to reach.

Lol at their survey. This is the same company that had their employees sit at the E3 conference with the press and cheer for every announcement. :lol:

https://gamnesia.nintendoenthusiast.com/xbox-reveal-applause-and-cheers-came-from-microsoft-employees-not-press/

• Haha 1

I don’t get this hate, the Xbox controller is just better in my opinion. The charging issue has a simpler solution, buy rechargeable batteries. I prefer it actually, I never have to plug it and play I just switch out the batteries. 

1 minute ago, hussain said:

I don’t get this hate, the Xbox controller is just better in my opinion. The charging issue has a simpler solution, buy rechargeable batteries. I prefer it actually, I never have to plug it and play I just switch out the batteries. 

Dude everyone loves the Xbox controllers. Batteries on the other hand.

2 hours ago, Walker said:

I still don't get why they haven't moved to rechargeable internal batteries. I mean isnt it more convenient? 

Supposedly because external batteries last way longer....until you realize that Switch Pro controller lasts for 40+ hours and WiiU Pro controller lasts for 60+ hours. Switch one even takes like an hour or two to fully charge thanks to USB-C power delivery.

6 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

How is switching out batteries (after having to charge them) more convenient than plugging in a USB cable? I'll never understand this logic.

Was going to post the same thing... at least you can play when they are charging

27 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

How is switching out batteries (after having to charge them) more convenient than plugging in a USB cable? I'll never understand this logic.

This has been debated so many times. Xbots just find it convenient no matter how you argue. They are true masochists.

59 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Sony confirmed it's not true. Customer support overreach as suspected.

Damn! Not sure when Sony plans to start preorders here. I'm planning to sell off my ps4 pro and Wii U accordingly :fear:

But on the flipside, 70 bucks games :fear1:

Edited by playstationdude

45 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

By having a spare set of batteries.

Just keep the fully charged batteries somewhere nearby. Pop them in whenever you run out and then put the discharged batteries up for charging after you're done gaming. I prefer it over going wired whenever my controller runs out of juice.

Of course, the rechargeable batteries are expensive but they seem worth it to me in hindsight.

50 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

With batteries its an untethered experience ,With play and charge kit and internals not so much . All you need is 4 batteries and your are set for 4-5 years with 2 batteries always on standby.

For eg. 

Hasnt anyone used their mobile phones while charging it with a wire? So damn annoying 

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Just keep the fully charged batteries somewhere nearby. Pop them in whenever you run out and then put the discharged batteries up for charging after you're done gaming. I prefer it over going wired whenever my controller runs out of juice.

Of course, the rechargeable batteries are expensive but they seem worth it to me in hindsight.

But you can avoid the swap all by just having an inbuilt rechargeable battery. Isn't plugging in a USB cable easier and lesser cumbersome? In 30 mins your controller has enough charge and you can unplug and play for quite a bit longer.

You still end up saving more by the end of the day ?‍♂️ We all know that you can do this by having rechargeable batteries. The question is why should I? Heck even Nintendo moved away from batteries long back

5 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Exactly my point 

also 4 batteries cost like 1000 bucks ,plus you can use them for other things also if needed.

1 minute ago, triggr happy ss said:

With batteries its an untethered experience ,With play and charge kit and internals not so much . All you need is 4 batteries and your are set for 4-5 years with 2 batteries always on standby.

For eg. 

Hasnt anyone used their mobile phones while charging it with a wire? So damn annoying 

So I need to pay about 700 bucks for two pairs of good AA rechargeable batteries. And another 700-1000 for the charger. Making the effective cost of the Xbox controller higher by 1.5k-2k? And this is acceptable?

Just now, HundredProofSam said:

It’s just so much more work.

Since you used the mobile phone example: Would you prefer if phones came with removable batteries? And then when your battery runs out would you prefer to swap it out rather than use a charger or power bank?

Just looking for a true wireless experience at all time while gaming .