The Playstation 5 thread

3 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Exactly my point 

also 4 batteries cost like 1000 bucks ,plus you can use them for other things also if needed.

But if I use it for other stuff and I run out of charge. How can I use it with my Xbox? Get a backup set of batteries?

Just now, l33tmaniac said:

But you can avoid the swap all by just having an inbuilt rechargeable battery. Isn't plugging in a USB cable easier and lesser cumbersome? In 30 mins your controller has enough charge and you can unplug and play for quite a bit longer.

I don't like having a 5-6ft cable attached to my controller while I'm playing :\

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

The question is why should I? 

No one is saying you should. Use whatever you prefer and let others use whatever they prefer.

So I need to pay about 700 bucks for two pairs of good AA rechargeable batteries. And another 700-1000 for the charger. Making the effective cost of the Xbox controller higher by 1.5k-2k? And this is acceptable?

So your internal battery dies in 3-4 years ? You want to spend another 5k -6k on a new controller? Or 1000 bucks for 2 more pairs of internal?

Just now, STICK3Rboy said:

I don't like having a 5-6ft cable attached to my controller while I'm playing :\

No one is saying you should. Use whatever you prefer and let others use whatever they prefer.

This is not about preferences. Everyone is entitled to do what they believe in. Its the crappy argument supporting a stupid decision that just flummoxes me.

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

So your internal battery dies in 3-4 years ? You want to spend another 5k -6k on a new controller? Or 1000 bucks for 2 more pairs of internal?

I have very very rarely heard of an internal controller battery dying. These things are built to last way longer. By your logic, mobiles shouldnt have them too since they are prone to dying.

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I play like 10-12 feet away from the screen , buying a longer wire is not a problem . Having someone or my dog disconnect it while crossing and pulling down the console is a bigger scare. 

This is not about preferences. Everyone is entitled to do what they believe in. Its the crappy argument supporting a stupid decision that just flummoxes me.

What's so crappy about the argument?

I use both controllers and I prefer the one with the batteries because I, personally, find it more convenient. It may not be the same to you and that's why it's called a preference.

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

I play like 10-12 feet away from the screen , buying a longer wire is not a problem . Having someone or my dog disconnect it while crossing and pulling down the console is a bigger scare. 

There is an easier workaround. Get a portable charger, put it in your pocket and use a short cable to charge. Win-win. The portable charger can be used for other purposes too. 

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

There is an easier workaround. Get a portable charger, put it in your pocket and use a short cable to charge. Win-win. The portable charger can be used for other purposes too. 

Ps fanboy logic right?:wallbash:

Edited by triggr happy ss

Just now, STICK3Rboy said:

What's so crappy about the argument?

I use both controllers and I prefer the one with the batteries because I, personally, find it more convenient. It may not be the same to you and that's why it's called a preference.

Your preference is not the reason why MS does this. I have no issue with your choice, honestly. But supporting MS for their stupid decision and saying its valid. 

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Ps fanboy logic right?:wallbash:

Have you seen me rave about PS anywhere here? Just cos I said something crappy about MS doesnt make me a PS fanboy. Typical of an xbot.

Have owned both the X360 and Xbone X btw along with PS consoles. I have so issues with calling out the bullshit that Sony does like with this preorder fiasco.

Edited by l33tmaniac

Just now, adity said:

Sitting is obviously better. What tf is wiping while standing. f**king maniacs the lot of them. 

Well, there may be folks who like to get sh*t on their hands. Its their preference and you can't say anything against it.

Your preference is not the reason why MS does this. I have no issue with your choice, honestly. But supporting MS for their stupid decision and saying its valid. 

The reason doesn't really matter though, does it? I have no stakes in the console wars and I'm not a fanboy of either company. If MS took a decision that is in line with my preference, then yeah, I'll support that.

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Just asking, if MS released an Xbox with a controller that had an inbuilt battery sh*t would hit the fan ?

That would honestly be a bummer for me.  

Just now, dylanjosh said:

I love the build and feel of an Xbox controller. Fits in the hands really well. And yes love the weight too. :P 

But I completely agree they should have a charging option. Hate changing batteries. 

+1 for that. I like the Xbox controller better too. No rechargeable battery is a bummer.