The Playstation 5 thread

In the age of consoles being on standby mode having an internal battery in no brainer. Just plug it in when your session ends and it'll have enough juice. 

Oh and if batteries were so good and what not why does the new elite controller have inbuilt batteries? What happens when a 200$ controller's battery dies? Why not AA batteries here since thay are so pro consumer?

Just admit it that the reasoning behind the AA batteries is  nothing but a jumla & they're just being cheapskates & saving a few dollars on controller cost while simultaneously selling you an accessory that shouldn't exist in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

If bots follow logic , they aint bots anymore.

I mean the whole argument would be moot if they just included play-n-charge kit in the box. But nope, gotta nickel n dime the user. The SN30 Pro+ comes with more tech packed in it (motion control, macros, trigger locking), comes with play and charge kit with a battery compartment that can also charge your own batteries and costs fking $50.

• Haha 1

Just now, KnackChap said:

In the age of consoles being on standby mode having an internal battery in no brainer. Just plug it in when your session ends and it'll have enough juice. 

Oh and if batteries were so good and what not why does the new elite controller have inbuilt batteries? What happens when a 200$ controller's battery dies? Why not AA batteries here since thay are so pro consumer?

Just admit it that the reasoning behind the AA batteries is  nothing but a jumla & they're just being cheapskates & saving a few dollars on controller cost while simultaneously selling you an accessory that shouldn't exist in the first place. 

Trust be the elite bumpers will fall off before the internal batteries dies ,its got lot of issues and  horrible quality  :rofl:

3 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Meanwhile...

Tidux :rofl:

please take it with a grain of salt ,he is rarely right .

I think we should wait for Sony  to clarify ,its funny how the last event has created more doubts about the console rather than giving a clearer picture . What a sh*t show its been the last couple of days 

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Tidux :rofl:

please take it with a grain of salt ,he is rarely right .

I think we should wait for Sony  to clarify ,its funny how the last event has created more doubts about the console rather than giving a clearer picture . What a sh*t show its been the last couple of days 

It was posted on Sony website on Wednesday.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I mean the whole argument would be moot if they just included play-n-charge kit in the box. But nope, gotta nickel n dime the user. The SN30 Pro+ comes with more tech packed in it (motion control, macros, trigger locking), comes with play and charge kit with a battery compartment that can also charge your own batteries and costs fking $50.

Hey man any idea how how the storage works on the ps5? Is there a slot to add additional NVME storage to existing internal ? Or are we back to replacing the internals?

I think thats a bigger problem than this controller battery issue

Edited by triggr happy ss

13 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Hey man any idea how how the storage works on the ps5? Is there a slot to add additional NVME storage to existing internal ? Or are we back to replacing the internals?

For people who have trouble swapping memory we have a device for you. It's called Xbox Series S.

:lol: Obv kidding incase knives out.

Edited by Walker
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

The onboard storage is soldered on the motherboard. 12x 64GB NAND chips, non-replaceable.  Gotta wait for the teardown to see how you add 2nd SSD. The new Samsung 980 Pro is supposedly PS5 ready, but its not yet out, and leaked price suggests $250 for 1TB (cheaper than everyone thought).

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

The onboard storage is soldered on the motherboard. 12x 64GB NAND chips, non-replaceable.  Gotta wait for the teardown to see how you add 2nd SSD. The new Samsung 980 Pro is supposedly PS5 ready, but its not yet out, and leaked price suggests $250 for 1TB (cheaper than everyone thought).

Crazy expensive 

Fingers crossed.... Still hoping to get it Day 1. [emoji3]
As someone who has never bought anything day 1. What's so special about getting it on day 1 itself? What happens if you get it day 2 or day 5?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk