The Playstation 5 thread

3 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

As someone who has never bought anything day 1. What's so special about getting it on day 1 itself? What happens if you get it day 2 or day 5?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Its the same feeling people get when they caption a new car on facebook with the tag " I have bloody earned it!" #Mehnatkikamai

You can beta test it :wOOtjumpy:
Lol, and if the first batch has some major hardware problems like the 360 then you are royally f**ked especially if you were impatient and imported.
Its the same feeling people get when they caption a new car on facebook with the tag " I have bloody earned it!" #Mehnatkikamai

So it is more to show off the item itself? That you are one of the select few who got to use it on day one?

Just now, i_rock098 said:

Lol, and if the first batch has some major hardware problems like the 360 then you are royally f**ked especially if you were impatient and imported. So it is more to show off the item itself? That you are one of the select few who got to use it on day one?

Yes.

18 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

And people are ok to take the risk of importing, no warranty, trusting unreleased hardware, super duper high prices etc just to show that off? Seems a bit excessive imo.

People who want it don't give a fk

People who want it don't give a fk

Seems too risky for me but yes I kind of get your perspective on it. People with FU money who want it won't care.

Just all practical sense says there is no advantage of getting it exactly day 1.

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

Seems too risky for me but yes I kind of get your perspective on it. People with FU money who want it won't care.

Just all practical sense says there is no advantage of getting it exactly day 1.

buy day 1 or after 1 year price stays the same unless its xbox one of last gen..

if i can i would buy day 1 and be set..

The guy nailed it, no marketing for PS5 from sony, no indian pricing after 3-4 days of PS5 showcase wtf

Also just a 825 GB SSD out of which 125GB might be eaten up like how a 1TB PS4 Pro just gives 861GB free space. When will all console manufacturers stop cheaping out on release hardware.

Edited by NitroNeo

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

SSD in PS5 is extremely expensive 

Obviously a 1tb SSD of same configuration  would have been going out of budget 

it’s all fine if they allow some sort of external HDD support where you can store your content & keep swapping as per needed 

But that won't be the special sony high power SSD which will lower the smooth experience, from what i checked they seem to have a very less amount of SSDs that will work with the PS5 and they won't be as powerful as the sony one.

Also RDR2 was 100GB, on next gen it would go to 140GB, many games and expansions will go to 150+GB so how can we manage with such tiny space and compromising performance, i would pay to get in house 1TB SSD on retail PS5.

5 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

As someone who has never bought anything day 1. What's so special about getting it on day 1 itself? What happens if you get it day 2 or day 5?

LOL. If you don't get it, you won't get it. It's that kind of a thing. I have also never gotten any of the consoles day 1 before or pretty much any tech from what i remember.

I have enough money to buy the PS5 at this moment, unlike all the other times before, so why not get it as early as possible. Also, it happens to be launching on the same day as my birthday, which is even more exciting for me. It's going to be a gift for me from me. :D

But it looks like i may only end up getting it 2-3 days later, given the email that amazon has sent out. I am assuming, the same problem would be with all the retailers.