The Playstation 5 thread

We got a bunch of grown ups on this forum... trying to find logic on why some folk want to get it day 1. :giggle:

where is y'all child like wonder and enthusiasm and what not. 

Even i wouldn't pay extra to get the PS5 on day 1 or even day 30. But if someone is willing to, that's their choice and that's fine as well. 

Lot of talk about getting it on day one.

Well let me add my view

Been gaming since my childhood. But got into console this gen 2 years back. Played GOW , Spider -man , HZD And was blowed how good SP games are compared too toxic mp. After the Dualsense reveal i was hyped . I worked my a** of just so i can buy it day one and play everything at better FPS and graphics and also next gen game. I have always brought electronics used , expect for PS4 so i wanted that feel and pride of buying something launch day and opening it up. Is buying it on launch day a smart desicion ? Probably not. But is it worth when youre hyped saved good amount of money and a few sacrifices i believe yes.. 
This PS5 launch in india has been very sad until now. No price and now release date . looks like all this saving will be waste XD

• Like 1

I also never bought anything at launch day 1 except ps vita. Only reason i got ps4 at launch was because @CarbonCore preordered an extra unit from amazon us and offered me to take it. Was too good an offer to pass out on and even with the super high customs charge (150+$) and fed ex shipping i still got it less than the indian mrp. 

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Is it the same now if we order from amazon.com?

You can go to amazon.com, and add it to cart and see roughly how much the shipping+customs is gonna come out to. 

Edited by Chirag2001

My first and bestest ever purchase on the Launch, Midnight launch in best buy when I was in Philadelphia during 2013, Crazyy feeling it was, I actually reached late and they had already given out the buy slip to those who were in line, I was about to go back and one guy who just stood in the line was going back and gave me his slip. I paid him like $20 and inside I spent a bomb like buying 3 games, addl controller, stand and protection plan and what not lol 

Yes, Day 1 is all about the feeling and the experience of some moments after you come and unpack and feel good about it the whole feeling is awesome after that it becomes usual but when you have a chance why not, now even if I want to I won't be able to do it unless India pulls off mid night launch during Corona :D

Captur2e.JPG

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Really ? and we pay the local customs office here then ?

Amazon calculates and charges a certain amount for customs which is levied on your cart price. They (shipping company) clear everything for you and if any amount is remaining, it automatically gets refunded to your card.

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

Amazon calculates and charges a certain amount for customs which is levied on your cart price. They (shipping company) clear everything for you and if any amount is remaining, it automatically gets refunded to your card.

This time it will end up costing more than Indian prices. 

Off late Amazon has been levying 50% (customs+shipping) , total will come out to be 750 =~ 55k.

I think one is better off buying in India with warranty, or hauling one from abroad yourself right now.

Customs is applying on even smaller value items now, so who knows. Same for grey market. I think you said Palika also has no clue. When they do have it, they'll be charging through the roof for people buying Day 1.

I do get the sentiment though, but its not for me. But will 100% be in line, will camp out all night outside the store if I have to when R* graces us with GTA 6.