The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, Chirag2001 said:

I think one is better off buying in India with warranty, or hauling one from abroad yourself right now.

Customs is applying on even smaller value items now, so who knows. Same for grey market. I think you said Palika also has no clue. When they do have it, they'll be charging through the roof for people buying Day 1.

I do get the sentiment though, but its not for me. But will 100% be in line, will camp out all night outside the store if I have to when R* graces us with GTA 6.

Depends. If the Indian release and pricing in announced soon, then they will charge reasonably for it. I might even go for it if its like 40k-41k. 

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

Depends. If the Indian release and pricing in announced soon, then they will charge reasonably for it. I might even go for it if its like 40k-41k. 

There is no way physical edition is gping to be 40k. That is same as US prices. Not at all possible

Just now, Sach4life said:

There is no way physical edition is gping to be 40k. That is same as US prices. Not at all possible

US pricing is 37.5k. 41k is possible but very very slim chance at launch or even over the next 6 months, you are correct. At 49k for the indian version , they will either not import at all else there is no way they will be able to sell it for more than 41k without warranty.

Just now, playstationdude said:

US pricing is 37.5k. 41k is possible but very very slim chance at launch or even over the next 6 months, you are correct. At 49k for the indian version , they will either not import at all else there is no way they will be able to sell it for more than 41k without warranty.

At 74 per dollar and 550 USD, US pricing comes out to 40k

1 minute ago, adity said:

I think grey market consoles are brought from Middle East right? And UAE price is 42k. I fell INR price will be equal to or less than XSX so its not worth it to get an imported console imo. 

However if INR prices are some nonsense like 55k, then grey market starts making more sense. 

They get it wherever its cheapest. My ps3 was Ntsc-j version  region 3, honk kong probably. PS4 same guy gave me was Dubai edition.

I think grey market consoles are brought from Middle East right? And UAE price is 42k. I fell INR price will be equal to or less than XSX so its not worth it to get an imported console imo. 
However if INR prices are some nonsense like 55k, then grey market starts making more sense. 
Price difference between official price and grey market needs to be 7-8k for me to consider it. Anything lower and it doesnt make sense to forgo warranty. If consoles gets priced at 55k here, than at a price like 45k, makes sense to get it from grey market

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

They get it wherever its cheapest. My ps3 was Ntsc-j version  region 3, honk kong probably. PS4 same guy gave me was Dubai edition.

How has your experience been with grey market (in delhi/palika) ? And how much money did you end up saving for each of them?

Do the grey market people give seller warranty or anything like that?

Edited by koolkunz

Just now, koolkunz said:

How has your experience been with grey market (in delhi/palika) ? And how much money did you end up saving for each of them?

It has been good so far (touchwood).

Ps3 i got the 20 gb one in 2007 for 20.5k. The 60 gb one with warranty was for 40k

Ps4 slim 500 gb I got for 19.7k in 2017. Price for the one with warranty was around 26k-27k then.

Other than that I've earlier bought ps2, 3ds, and recently switch from Palika. Same shop since 2005. 

19 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Ps3 i got the 20 gb one in 2007 for 20.5k. The 60 gb one with warranty was for 40k

Ps4 slim 500 gb I got for 19.7k in 2017. Price for the one with warranty was around 26k-27k then.

Other than that I've earlier bought ps2, 3ds, and recently switch from Palika. Same shop since 2005. 

My grey market experience was pretty good too.

I bought my glacier white PS4 Pro from Ninja Traders (Mumbai) for 28k in Feb 2018. It was a Dubai piece and at that time PS4 Pro was not it stock and if available was going for 36k - 38k. It has done multiple trips between Pune and Thane through express trains and so far no issues whatsoever.

I managed to do a total savings of 8k - 10k. Not bad, I would say...just for not availing the Indian warranty + they said, if any thing goes wrong, it can be repaired but obviously at a cost 

I am thinking to contact them again for PS5 but I doubt they will be providing 8k - 10k discount for not availing the Indian warranty at launch. I am expecting a quote of around 50k+ with no warranty.

Edited by Animus

27 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Can you please share the shop details / contact number or anything that I can save for the future? Also do these shops give any good discounts on game discs?