The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

Digital edition will be tough to get ,prepare yourself guys.

strangely DE edition should have been produced more since it will have more demand but maybe the loss for sony is more.

Looks like they basically wanted to hit a marketing bullet point at 400$.

Yes gayi Sony ab toh Bantu. Ab kya hoga :nerves:

8 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Digital edition will be tough to get ,prepare yourself guys.

strangely DE edition should have been produced more since it will have more demand but maybe the loss for sony is more.

Looks like they basically wanted to hit a marketing bullet point at 400$.

Anticipated launch demand for disc version is possibly higher. Non-disc will be a post launch play when the launch excitement dies down and the price conscious buyers become more relevant.

Making both version available at launch at equal scale will just be cannibalising their higher margin product sales.

44 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

They do. But margins on consoles are slim as it is (10% for retailers), at most they might give 5% off. Independent retailers are more flexible on game discounts. That's how IVG preorders started. They can easily give 10-12% off. We got as much as 15% because of large numbers.

does anyone know any such retailers/shops in delhi ncr? which give discount on physical discs at launch?

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

After PS5 

future of Playstation was grim anyway 

as everything moving subscription based 

They will evolve, but this might be the last console with a disc, if a mid life refresh happens, it probably will be digital only edition. 

Which is bad for consumers like us . No more used games= very very less gaming. 
I agree. TLOU2 used disc was available for around 2600-2700 just a couple of weeks after launch and Ghost of Tsushima for 3k. The same is not the case for digital. We will have to wait a couple of months atleast for the game to get discounted to those levels. Also say I bought TLOU2 for 2600 I could complete it in a week and sell it for 2400 again can't do that with digital. Sharing PSN with close friends will be the only solution to play them cheap.

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Which is bad for consumers like us . No more used games= very very less gaming. 

Ya day one games sale will also take a huge hit, if they go that path.a good option can be renting games, rent it for 2 weeks for 10-15$ kinds, only drawback you will need to finish it quickly. 

7 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Also say I bought TLOU2 for 2600 I could complete it in a week and sell it for 2400

This is a huge thing . I have done it with so many games and makes gaming affordable.

6 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya day one games sale will also take a huge hit, if they go that path.a good option can be renting games, rent it for 2 weeks for 10-15$ kinds, only drawback you will need to finish it quickly. 

But as I read in thread , renting is illegal so will be some small home based guy doing it. I hope disc based games never die 

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

This is a huge thing . I have done it with so many games and makes gaming affordable.

But as I read in thread , renting is illegal so will be some small home based guy doing it. I hope disc based games never die 

The publishers can themselves start it along with MS and Sony. I would not bother much though myself, I hardly buy anything day one, and if I do, I don't usually sell it. 

Also an update , I went through all of the contact us at gamestheshop, shopatsc, Amazon, flipkart and no one not a single of them even have confirmation of PS5 launching this year in India
Yeah it's looking pretty bleak.

I had contacted gamestheshop via instagram and they just said we will keep you updated and will get in touch if they have any info. Same is the case with Sony Centre they said to check back after 10-15 days for an update maybe they will.have some info by that time.

Just now, ZooZoo said:

So after the acquisition of Bhethesda, Microsoft is publishing 2 Playstation exclusive titles :blink: :roflroll:

Never thought i would ever put those words in a sentence together. 2020 is crazy.

Contract was made before the acquisition. Deathloop and Tokyo are timed exclusive anyway. PS5 and PC day 1.