The Playstation 5 thread

Gotta hand it to MS India and MS as a whole. Clear communication on everything, be it price or date or availability. No bullshit vague answers or ghosting. PS India on the other hand have been nothing but bunch of lazy a*s morons. BIS etc are not an excuse if MS could get them done in time and launch on time.

Yes games are lacking a little bit on the MS side but with Bethesda in tow, their internal studios will soon catch up with Sony.

4 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Gotta hand it to MS India and MS as a whole. Clear communication on everything, be it price or date or availability. No bullshit vague answers or ghosting. PS India on the other hand have been nothing but bunch of lazy a*s morons. BIS etc are not an excuse if MS could get them done in time and launch on time.

Yes games are lacking a little bit on the MS side but with Bethesda in tow, their internal studios will soon catch up with Sony.

They don't give a sh*t because PS consoles are the default for people in this country if they are going to buy a console.

TBH it's not the Sony but the Sony in India. In other countries, they have been pretty good in terms of support and communication. India me hamesha ki tarah hagg re hai. Really need to hire a competent staff who actually cares about gaming. 

51 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Dualshock part is true. I enquired about it with multiple retailers and all of them said it's out of stock. Didn't want to buy from amazon/go because it's fake

Yeah fake dualshocks are everywhere. Buy only from gamestheshop, sony center or a trusted store to avoid buying fake stuff.

Even the fake ones have the ugly colours :P Don't have much praise for MS this past gen, but they had some really nice color variants for controllers.

3 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Anyway, locked my order from UK. Ready to pay bomb at customs now :suicide: 

Now i hope India launch is delayed :egyptian:

DE or Disc version? I'm looking to get from UK myself early next year. How much does it come out to? Any taxes on buying there, apart from customs? 

If travel opens back up. Will bring myself or ask my brother to bring.

Disc version since my PS4 game sharing partner is not upgrading this year due to pressure from wife :rofl: So the difference of 10K between disc and discless gets offset very soon. Within two launch games i guess. I can finish those in few days and sell off at 80% cost. 

Including shipping, Price came to 509 GBP which is around 47K. Customs would be about 15K. They will ship via Royal Mail so If I'm lucky, I might miss the customs. Anyway, mentally prepared for a 62K console :nerves: 

This is just a backup. If India launch do happens on time, then i will cancel it.

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I think Tata is focusing more on Tata CLiQ than Croma.

Yeah maybe that is the case. Tata Cliq will focus on online and Croma will keep the focus on brick and mortar model.

The problem is I have had very good experiences with Croma (online) compared to Tata Cliq. I think the reason is Tata Cliq tries to be like Amazon catering to every segment and their customer service team cant handle/don't have the knowledge to attend to requests. Whereas Croma focuses on electronics and hence their customer service team has the basic knowledge to attend to electronics related queries. 

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Just realised that i have 1.2 lakh points in amex membership cards which is approximately 30k in cash. I think I'll walk down to my nearest Croma or reliance store and buy PS5 at launch itself. 

I am funding my GPU upgrade with the CC points  :bigyellowgrin:

11 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Just realised that i have 1.2 lakh points in amex membership cards which is approximately 30k in cash. I think I'll walk down to my nearest Croma or reliance store and buy PS5 at launch itself. 

How did you even accumulate those many. My ICICI ones keep expiring.

1 minute ago, blitzkreiig said:

How did you even accumulate those many. My ICICI ones keep expiring.

1. Amex points don't expire

2. You're given a monthly bonus of 1000 points if you make 4-6 transactions that billing cycle. 

3. Only works with amex gold or rewards card. 

Btw these guys once had some luxury car as their membership rewards. Think it was audi Q7 and some other model

35 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Amex points are considered at least equivalent to Rs 1 by using transfer partners. My suggestion, better to go that road.  

6 minutes ago, hannibal09 said:

Amex points are considered at least equivalent to Rs 1 by using transfer partners. My suggestion, better to go that road.  

Agreed. They sometimes run bonus offers for points transfer like Marriot Bonvoy, Airline Miles etc.

That is the best way to utilize the points. But then again most of the bonus offers and transfer offers are for air travel and hotels and god knows when it will be safe to travel again. I am sitting with a lot of Marriot Bonvoy points but god knows when I will be able to use it. :wallbash:

Edited by SuperT

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Dude. You need to use it wisely. First spend points in the 24k and 18k collection. 1.2 lakh is worth a lot more than 30k. For 24k 9k amazon voucher. 

For 18k, 7k amazon voucher. So for around 40k points, you have 13k. There are other better choices too. 

Thanks I didn't even check the rewards catalog. Just calculated my points accordingly