The Playstation 5 thread

I have been let down by sony after everything they done after the ps3....resisting the urge to jump to the xbox side so much pain

ps vita --> horrible pricing in india, games , memory card availability

ps4 -> worst backwards compatibility , sitting on a collection of ps3 and 300 plus games and stuck there

ps5 -> #includeps4 does not include anything else :(

41 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

There will be paid remasters of all lastgen games from the looks of it along side PC releases .

Jim Ryan the perfect company man 

This is how I see it, they allow straight forward BC just adding 4K/60FPS without any enhancements AND they must not release any REMASTERS --- people will be happy.

Or if they must release REMASTER then it should be a free upgrade to those who owned the PS4 edition.

As a consumer, yeah I would very much like the second option. But it hardly has any incentive for Developers/Sony.

Strangely, I side with Sony on this.

Sony is lucky they have 3 good exclusives. Otherwise im on Team Xbox too
It just makes more sense to get the Xbox now and rent the PS5 when the exclusives release and finish them all in a month. I guess rent would be around 3-4k for the PS5 10-12 months down the line. Some rental companies even give the games for free if you rent it from them.

11 minutes ago, Right said:

This is how I see it, they allow straight forward BC just adding 4K/60FPS without any enhancements AND they must not release any REMASTERS --- people will be happy.

Or if they must release REMASTER then it should be a free upgrade to those who owned the PS4 edition.

As a consumer, yeah I would very much like the second option. But it hardly has any incentive for Developers/Sony.

This is the minimum they can do for their fans .

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:
10 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:
Sony is lucky they have 3 good exclusives. Otherwise im on Team Xbox too

It just makes more sense to get the Xbox now and rent the PS5 when the exclusives release and finish them all in a month. I guess rent would be around 3-4k for the PS5 10-12 months down the line. Some rental companies even give the games for free if you rent it from them.

Rent? Where in india? Makes perfect sense actually ,You could just borrow from a friend too and pay him. 
f**k y didnt i think of this ,thanks  :hi2:

Rent? Where in india? Makes perfect sense actually ,You could just borrow from a friend too and pay him.  f**k y didnt i think of this ,thanks  default_hi2.gif

I have been getting this website's ad for the past one month now on instagram - https://ploogl.com/Looks legit and economical.

Also, here in Delhi the local stores let you rent gaming consoles and games. Currently for a PS4 Pro it's around Rs. 2500 with 2-3 games included.

23 minutes ago, Right said:

The games are already backwards compatible with boost mode performance for free

For anyone wanting something extra they can pay for the remasterd/enhanced version. 

Dunno what seems to be the problem

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

For anyone wanting something extra they can pay for the remasterd/enhanced version. 

People want BC on their own terms. Personally I don't care much for BC. It's cool if it's there. No biggie if it's not. Don't care much for remasters either. If they're there cool, no biggie if they're not.

• Like 2

There are quite a few rental services. They primarily cater to events but they also rent to individuals and the rental costs are quite low.

I’ve used Rentkar quite a bit. This is their PS4 rate card. Only Mumbai-Pune region though.

d93fd91cf91375082f68450bcb94e48e.jpg
Yup the renting scene is great for someone looking to play exclusives. It makes even more sense this gen.

22 minutes ago, Walker said:

People want BC on their own terms. Personally I don't care much for BC. It's cool if it's there. No biggie if it's not. Don't care much for remasters either. If they're there cool, no biggie if they're not.

1 generation BC feels useless and with amount of remasters we get it is makes it further useless. 

Should have added PS1/PS2 BC support. That would have been sweet. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah,I don't know what is the problem here.

Remasters have substantial development time spent in, why those enhancement should be free and considered as a birth-right.

You can play your 5yr old game on brand new system, I think that is more than enough.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

There are quite a few rental services. They primarily cater to events but they also rent to individuals and the rental costs are quite low.

I’ve used Rentkar quite a bit. This is their PS4 rate card. Only Mumbai-Pune region though.

d93fd91cf91375082f68450bcb94e48e.jpg

Pretty awesome if you are planning  to host a gameparty at your house.

Or you are celebrating kids' birthdays or things like that. (hope they have Nintendo consoles)

They are not even giving people the option to pay 10-20 bucks to upgrade, while companies like Ubi and CD are giving away next gen versions for free. I dont expect them to support free upgrades throughout the lifecycle but atleast at launch this would have been a goodwill gesture.

Edited by playstationdude