The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Im talking about ownership, and games on gamepass move out after a few months right?

Not their first party titles. They are present for the entirety of the subscription. Even then, it provides ample time for you to complete the 3rd party games. 

How exactly?

Acquiring a studio and actually managing a studio well enough to put out successful quality games are 2 very different beasts. Acquiring is easy. Throw money - and voila, it's done. Quite simple when you have revenue from all the PCs and Offices in the World (Windows and MS Office). Now, putting out games however - that's where the true skill, competence and test comes in. Remember Scalebound? MS could not manage Platinum - which is the best studio for action games. And that's only 1 game. Rare - Where is it today? Crackdown - they could not manage 1 game here as well. The same dev also made Little Big Planet 3 - which was well received. Team Ninja - they kicked out Itagaki because company was in trouble due to his insistence on MS only. Mistwalker - Don't even know if the studio is alive, Ensemble Studios and BigHuge Games - Dead, Lionhead - Dead

It's easy to say catch up, but Sony has been grooming it's studios from the days where they were nowhere and made them into the power-houses of today. MS record on the other hand is to acquire good already successful studios, and the results have not been pretty, to say the least

Also other departments? Other than actual games - what more important departments are there on a video game console? 

You talk like only Sony can manage studios ?
Microsoft has good games too. Gears, forza, flight simulator etc plus they acquired Zenimax which already has some iconic games..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Not their first party titles. They are present for the entirety of the subscription. Even then, it provides ample time for you to complete the 3rd party games. 

So people aren't going to buy Xbox games and stay on gamepass forever??

If I want to replay a 3rd party game that isnt on GP, i'll have to buy it which I guess will be $70, unless MS states otherwise

If I want to replay a 3rd party game that isnt on GP, i'll have to buy it which I guess will be $70, unless MS states otherwise

You can always subscribe for a month and play and than unsubscribe ..
For other games you will have to buy as always

What?!? 

they can’t?!?! :rofl:

Leaving aside M$ being the mother company with huge wallet 

Xbox games studios has nothing up with Sony WW studios bro 

M$ may win from Sony at some point due to changing technology 
but Xbox lost to Playstation & that’s not even a debate :lol: 

I said can no one other than Sony manage studios ?
Sony comes up with awesome games .. most are goty candidates ... but some Microsoft games are also pretty good...

Who cares if Xbox lost.. fanboy care about that stuff .....

last gen I had PS4 but still undecided about this gen ... but the sh*t arrogant Sony is putting out is off putting...

And subscription model is the future whether you like it or not ... everything is moving in that direction... Apple Microsoft Google all are going with subscription model and Sony will also follow sooner or later..

• Like 1

This is where I'm coming from. Honestly, life has changed and I find it difficult to justify 4k.gane purchases these days. I was checking out the Gamepass library and it's f**king stacked. Lots of games I wanna play on there. I'm thinking if I find someone to account share I can have a pretty solid collection of games to play for 4k year. 
PS5 anyways will get in 2 years for the exclusives. Multiplatform games will run better on XSX anyways. 

Same here

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

He said in terms of accessibility and affordability with the subscription service they have for a consumer to play the game offered by them and other 3rd party developers. If I'm a regular consumer who just wants to play the game and be done with it, which option would I chose? A $70 or whatever it's INR equivalent is OR a service which gives access to those titles day-1 for say 700-800 for a month, with a host of a tons of other games as a bonus. If you want to cherry pick your games and have ownership, then of course, buying is the option. 

20 minutes ago, adity said:

This is where I'm coming from. Honestly, life has changed and I find it difficult to justify 4k game purchases these days. I was checking out the Gamepass library and it's f**king stacked. Lots of games I wanna play on there. I'm thinking if I find someone to account share I can have a pretty solid collection of games to play for 4k year. 

PS5 anyways will get in 2 years for the exclusives. Multiplatform games will run better on XSX anyways. 

Well keep your PS4 & get the XSX, enjoy the backlog of games u missed all these years that too with Nextgen feel. I will have both consoles so won't miss on anything but given the choice the XSX & PS4 Pro is a good way to start till 2022, where you can then get PS5 for cheaper price on some black friday deals ;-) 

Edited by speeddemon

36 minutes ago, AnK said:

Well whatever is it that GamesPass is doing has lured fans into it 

so expecting PSnow to up it’s game aswell 

obviously not on GamesPass level but more like EA Access 

They have no reason to. Their games & consoles fly off the shelf regardless. That's the benefit of being the market leader.

16 minutes ago, adity said:

This is where I'm coming from. Honestly, life has changed and I find it difficult to justify 4k game purchases these days. I was checking out the Gamepass library and it's f**king stacked. Lots of games I wanna play on there. I'm thinking if I find someone to account share I can have a pretty solid collection of games to play for 4k year. 

+1 on this. I mostly transitioned away from full price purchases this gen. Replayability isn't a factor for me and if I've played a game on Gamepass and enjoyed it but it gets taken off, I get just get it the next time there's a sale for a fraction of the price. 

Buy SeriesX only when Bethesda games or any of the other touted XBox exclusives are actually out day1 on GamesPass 

don’t fall for them just yet 
always remember this is M$ you are dealing with 

I can name 20-30 games in xbox brand’s life cycle that were announced as full time exclusives & later either got canned or showed up on PS within a year 

f**k software these guys have made a fool of ppl when it comes to hardware & technology too 
Selling Natlol & Clowd powah lol 

Even I am inclined towards M$ after Bethesda news but won’t jump the gun until I finally see it play out as touted 

They will come on gamepass 1st day ... they didn’t just spend 7.5 billion for nothing...
Sony Microsoft are same , they only care about bottom line ... we get best deals from them when they are losing ... and Microsoft lost last gen

Subscription pricing and mentality is going to fk over a lot of developers that make specific type of non-gaas AAA games. Like Capcom for eg who makes 10-12 hours SP only games. Imagine if RE8 is 10 hours long, costs $70 and nobody buys it because lol who buys games anyway? RIP Resident Evil & DMC, welcome more Monster Hunter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Subscription pricing and mentality is going to fk over a lot of developers that make specific type of non-gaas AAA games. Like Capcom for eg who makes 10-12 hours SP only games. Imagine if RE8 is 10 hours long, costs $70 and nobody buys it because lol who buys games anyway? RIP Resident Evil & DMC, welcome more Monster Hunter.

MS already said to enjoy games and not bother about all this.