The Playstation 5 thread

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

I tried trial once & it said not available in your country 

You buy it on your US account. Make it primary and then download stuff. I have an one year sub. Working flawlessly

15 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

He used to be a mod here actually 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

Administrator actually 

Hope we actually get some news in first week of octomber then :(

19 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

You can download and play PS4 catalogue of games. No PS2 or PS3 games though which work through cloud

How? Its unavailable on Indian psn and US psn requires a CC to be linked even if you need ro activate the free trial. Afaik Indian CC dont work on US store.

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

How? Its unavailable on Indian psn and US psn requires a CC to be linked even if you need ro activate the free trial. Afaik Indian CC dont work on US store.

I'm assuming it's using one of those digital vouchers or USD top up cards to your wallet. 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

No one is ready to believe that now for short term fruits but they don’t realise that linear campaign based games will die as soon as subscriptions kick in 

And that's the worry that should always be front and center.

8 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

how many people buy "short" campaign games first hand anyways. Money made from second-hand sales is not going to developers even now. 

Sony has seen record initial sales for pretty all their single player exclusives this gen. Borderlands 3 had record first week sales as well. I am pretty sure that at least in west, many buy single player games in the first week.

36 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Buy gift card from amazon.com load them in your US PSN account and voila! 
Also i dont have an trial. I have an full year sub bro :)

1 hour ago, adity said:

1 more thing to add. Before the Bethesda announcement, I had to chose between cheaper games and solid exclusives and the choice was easy - PS5 but now it really isn't a choice. I really don't wanna miss on whatever id or Arkane or Machine games does next. Missing Sony games is out of the questions so the choice has now shifted towards which console I should buy first. Its very clear that game pass saves me a lot of money and also I'll get access to MS exclusives like Forza Horizon which I haven't played before. 

PS5 as a primary platform just isn't making a ton of sense anymore. That's all I'm gonna say. 

Just go with X and gamepass . Trust me you are not the only one switching or buying the xbox for the 1st time ,you will have more than enough to play . Ps games are truly amazing but unless you are buying discs and then selling it ,they never make much sense money wise. Also sp experiences can be picked up anytime and enjoyed.

Not to forget that 90% of the time will be spent on 3rd party which will be superior on the xsx and with cross platform even MP shouldnt be an issue.
But then again its your call at the end of the day , Its just a matter of which one you want first . You cant really go wrong with either consoles this coming generation.

55 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Subscription pricing and mentality is going to fk over a lot of developers that make specific type of non-gaas AAA games. Like Capcom for eg who makes 10-12 hours SP only games. Imagine if RE8 is 10 hours long, costs $70 and nobody buys it because lol who buys games anyway? RIP Resident Evil & DMC, welcome more Monster Hunter.

It has already started 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

That is so wrong 

I guess you missed the legendary Sony key note at e3 2013 

The dollor comes back into the gaming industry in terms of new purchases  

I must have missed it. So, what's the flow? How is the cash I am receiving for selling my second hand game going to the industry?

11 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Sony has seen record initial sales for pretty all their single player exclusives this gen. Borderlands 3 had record first week sales as well. I am pretty sure that at least in west, many buy single player games in the first week.

In the west, yes. I agree with you.

Sidenote, Borderlands is not a 10 hours campaign game.    

2 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I must have missed it. So, what's the flow? How is the cash I am receiving for selling my second hand game going to the industry?

In the west, yes. I agree with you.

Sidenote, Borderlands is not a 10 hours campaign game.    

I know.

Sales in India are anyway irrelevant to make any difference to the overall strategy of the gaming companies

I get that people have an issue with the prices of games. Believe me I do. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself is this worth it? How to you measure an experience in $$$?

For me the answer is pretty clear. Games give me a break from the world. It is something that is truly my own. My own space. Will I pay a premium for it? Yes, and when I can no longer afford it, I'll walk away. That's what single player, linear games mean to me. When they die, and they will, I'll shed a tear and say goodbye. Does it mean I'll accelerate their demise by throwing in my lot with GaaS which holds zero appeal for me. Nope nope nope. Not my cup of tea.

Every company is out for their bottom line. But if a company takes care of their bottom line while still taking risks and providing me with the experience I need, I know where I'll plonk my money down. I'm not dissing anyone, just saying you'll pay for the experience you want. We all will.

• Like 1