The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, adity said:

Sony is also being an a**hole for no reason. No details on UI, BC, storage expansion, whether HDD will be allowed for archival, etc. 

I like that MS is lighting fire under Sony's a*s. I think we can expect a proper GP alternative in next 6-12 months ie. PS5, PS4 game downloads etc. Yes PS now exists but it'll be more publicised and available in most countries. 

Jim ryan has said they cant have a model like gamepass ,but who will believe him now after this crossgen mess . If it happens it could be a big win for all gamers ,i will happily subscribe the months with releases.

53 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Kudos to MS marketing team though. They've done an incredible job this time. They've got people to go xbox even before showing anything concrete.

Yes fooling the fools with BS like Series S which is still in stock :P

What a great job MS :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, AnK said:

You still don’t have a single message about online multiplayer in F2P games being locked behind XBL gold pay wall 

I see no Xbot even raising a question there 

more worried about the SM lock behind SMMM 

What about the messaging there?!? :rofl:

Messaging is important. For eg they jacked up the price of XBL Gold by a lot by removing annual option, but you won't hear a peep about it from media or the fanbase. Instead you keep repeating what's great about everything else, let your fanbase keep repeating it, surround yourself with insiders and influencers that also repeat it, and there you go. Now nobody knows that GP costs 2x as much as PSNow and XBLG costs 1.5x as much as PS+, but everybody knows that Sony jacked up next-gen games by $10. This is why messaging and PR is important.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Messaging is important. For eg they jacked up the price of XBL Gold by a lot by removing annual option, but you won't hear a peep about it from media or the fanbase. Instead you keep repeating what's great about everything else, let your fanbase keep repeating it, surround yourself with insiders and influencers that also repeat it, and there you go. Now nobody knows the GP costs 2x as much as PSNow and XBLG costs 1.5x as much as PS+, but everybody knows that Sony jacked up next-gen games by $10. This is why messaging and PR is important.

criticizing Sony doesnt mean u are not criticizing Microsoft. both are just mega corporation trying to maximise there profit.Xbox paid the price last gen for there sh*t decisions.

Btw psn now is not avaliable in India .. gpu costs 699/month.. psn plus and Xbox live cost 499/month here ...
Microsoft stopped 12 months I think due to people upgrading Xbox gold to gpu for 1 dollar. If they don’t restart selling I guess people will be mad and rightly so ...
I just bought 6 months live on Xbox for 1.2k btw ... 3 years for 7.5k from Xbox India site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hsk_colossus

28 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

criticizing Sony doesnt u are not criticizing Microsoft. both are just mega corporation trying to maximise there profit.Xbox paid the price last gen for there sh*t decisions.

Btw psn now is not avaliable in India .. gpu costs 699/month.. psn plus and Xbox live cost 499/month here ...
Microsoft stopped 12 months I think due to people upgrading Xbox gold to gpu for 1 dollar. If they don’t restart selling I guess people will be mad and rightly so ...
I just bought 6 months live on Xbox for 1.2k btw ... 3 years for 7.5k from Xbox India site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices in India are out of whack for everything. For eg its cheaper to just buy Gears 5 and Ori 2 from steam than subscribe to play them for 2 months.

Prices in India are out of whack for everything. For eg its cheaper to just buy Gears 5 and Ori 2 from steam than subscribe to play them for 2 months.
That's thanks to MS following regional pricing for their games. Not a fault of gamepass.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Messaging is important. For eg they jacked up the price of XBL Gold by a lot by removing annual option, but you won't hear a peep about it from media or the fanbase. Instead you keep repeating what's great about everything else, let your fanbase keep repeating it, surround yourself with insiders and influencers that also repeat it, and there you go. Now nobody knows that GP costs 2x as much as PSNow and XBLG costs 1.5x as much as PS+, but everybody knows that Sony jacked up next-gen games by $10. This is why messaging and PR is important.

Soooooo . . . . They block F2P games multiplayer, give out pretty much shitty games every month and then charge more than PS+?!? If this were Sony we'd have at least 10 pages of rant from xBoners just for this topic.

So if I were on XBox, I can't play Apex Legends simply because multiplayer is locked. Its a shitty move by both Sony abd MS too to lock multiplayer in general behind a paywall but I hope Sony doesn't get ideas from MS and block multiplayer for F2P games too :/

Edited by gecko89

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

M$ should atleast let the F2P & GamesPass games out of the Gold paywall 

being free altogether comes later 

They will probably remove it when halo f2p launches but not on gamepass otherwise how will they sell gpu. They do want money ..

there was a rumour that gold was going to go but it didn’t ...

9 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

I am asking what’s the reasoning for charging money ?

Once upon a time, there were 3 Plastic Dabbas. One was called the X360, one was called the PS3 and one was called the Nintendo Wii

The 360 Plastic Dabba charged for playing online at all times. The remaining 2 did not. What happened - they built a narrative that the Online of 360 Plastic Dabba was far better and servers were better. After all, free is always bad right?

So when the next time they made new Plastic Dabbas, the shareholders of PS4 makers shouted - see what's happening? We offered free and people prefer to pay money. So let us charge for it. And they did. People were very happy. Online service of PS4 Dabba was improved a lot. After all, they charge for it right?

The other poor new plastic dabba called Wii U was still good and gave free online. But that dabba was bullied and kicked out because of a bad naming scheme. So a new dabba was made called a Nintendo Switch. Their shareholders also shouted at the directors to charge money for online, because "It improves online Service". hence - all fall down

Look at it this way - you are a good person who wants to give something for free. But people want to throw money at you regardless. If you say it's free service - they call you names and bad-mouth your work, because "How can Good Work be Free?" After all charging money is the mark of quality. The more the better. So you quietly give the same service and start charging money. After all, who are you to argue against what the masses want?

Now, there is no use in arguing. vast majority of people want to throw money for online. The Dabba makers are used to getting money for online. And the 1-2 voices against it are lost in the crowd. It's quite the same reason why people pay a very high price + premium for Nike and Reebok shoes. They may be poor quality assembled in a sweat-shop somewhere. But "Expensive" and "Brand" is a quality decider all by itself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Once upon a time, there were 3 Plastic Dabbas. One was called the X360, one was called the PS3 and one was called the Nintendo Wii

The 360 Plastic Dabba charged for playing online at all times. The remaining 2 did not. What happened - they built a narrative that the Online of 360 Plastic Dabba was far better and servers were better. After all, free is always bad right?

So when the next time they made new Plastic Dabbas, the shareholders of PS4 makers shouted - see what's happening? We offered free and people prefer to pay money. So let us charge for it. And they did. People were very happy. Online service of PS4 Dabba was improved a lot. After all, they charge for it right?

The other poor new plastic dabba called Wii U was still good and gave free online. But that dabba was bullied and kicked out because of a bad naming scheme. So a new dabba was made called a Nintendo Switch. Their shareholders also shouted at the directors to charge money for online, because "It improves online Service". hence - all fall down

Look at it this way - you are a good person who wants to give something for free. But people want to throw money at you regardless. If you say it's free service - they call you names and bad-mouth your work, because "How can Good Work be Free?" After all charging money is the mark of quality. The more the better. So you quietly give the same service and start charging money. After all, who are you to argue against what the masses want?

Now, there is no use in arguing. vast majority of people want to throw money for online. The Dabba makers are used to getting money for online. And the 1-2 voices against it are lost in the crowd. It's quite the same reason why people pay a very high price + premium for Nike and Reebok shoes. They may be poor quality assembled in a sweat-shop somewhere. But "Expensive" and "Brand" is a quality decider all by itself.

Lolz ... pretty good explanation