The Playstation 5 thread

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

Extremely sad. But don't worry. I think we will still get the games (Without having to learn Japanese). It's just that they will now tie up with a localization team from another publisher (Like say Xseed, NIS America, Namco Bandai's In-House Localization Team etc) instead of translating themselves. This means more delay (Most probably 6 months - 1 year after JPN Release) and another publisher taking decisions like censorship etc., but game should still come West, if there is potential.

TBH, after 3DS, Level 5 seems to have collapsed. They had the regular Professor Layton Games which made continuous money. But after 3DS, they haven't been able to make any continuous game series at all. So no regular games + Covid + Need to pay regular salaries might have screwed them up.

I really hope you're right . Ni No kuni is one of the few remaining series where you can relax and enjoy a good story and a vibrant world.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Typical xbot chomu :loco:. Linking to a 3 years old thread since we are still there and there are no advancements in the tech since then. 

10 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Pony got triggered. Use some liquid cooling to cool off my friend :bigyellowgrin:

Seriously dude. Xbots ki pgadi tu hi ucchal deta hai.

The liquid metal cooling used by Sony is proprietary patented tech, not exactly what used in PC in the past.

Their patented insulator prevents LM to mess up with other components and conductivity issues.

Just now, Right said:

Seriously dude. Xbots ki pgadi tu hi ucchal deta hai.

The liquid metal cooling used by Sony is proprietary patented tech, not exactly what used in PC in the past.

Their patented insulator prevents LM to mess up with other components and conductivity issues.

We will see how it performs in long run. You talk like you designed the system yourself. 

Also,  where and when i said that PS5 liquid cooling bad? I just posting info about liquid cooling. Why so insecure my friend? :bigyellowgrin:

8 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah they can't f**k that up. Some RROD level crisis will literally bankrupt the company. 

Cannot stress more on Japanese obsession about Quality.

Once an American company ordered parts from Japan, with "acceptable defect rate of 3 in 10000"..

Japanese company delivered 10000 parts with a letter that these 3 part numbers are defective and shouldnt be used, they are manufactured separately.

It's a true story.

Edited by Right
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah they can't f**k that up. Some RROD level crisis will literally bankrupt the company. 

Both systems will not have heating issues as long as users don't put them in closed off cabinets.  People must realise these are not your normal DVD players.  THEY NEED TO BE PUT IN OPEN WELL VENTILATED PLACE. 

If you put seriesX horizontally in a cabinet, im 100% sure it will get overheat and shut down.

Both systems will work best vertically in open well ventilated place 

5 minutes ago, Right said:

Cannot stress more on Japanese obsession about Quality.

Once an American company ordered parts from Japan, with "acceptable defect rate of 3 in 10000"..

Japanese company delivered 10000 parts with a letter that these 3 part numbers are defective and shouldnt be used, they are manufactured separately.

It's a true story.

Explain why Pro sounds like Jet engine and One X not?

MS already outclassed Sony in hardware design with One X compared to Pro 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

Typical xbot chomu :loco:. Linking to a 3 years old thread since we are still there and there are no advancements in the tech since then. 

The tech is just the same and it hasn't really progressed all that much in thermal paste material. The concerns about LM are valid, but the current application is far better than Chini slave labor squirting toothpaste in all modern devices with thermal paste application.

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Explain why Pro sounds like Jet engine and One X not?

MS already outclassed Sony in hardware design with One X compared to Pro 

Correction : MS outclassed Sony in CPU cooling department, not the hardware. 

As far as the hardware goes, PS4 and PS4 Pro's design is still superior to all Xbox models. 

Replacing/upgrading the hard drive cleaning the internals is still so much easier, safer and convenient to do on PS4s. 

On the OG Xbox, Xbox One S and X, it's still pain in the a*s as you need to remove metal casings, ribbon cables, lifting the optical drive out of its place, just to access the hard drive. 

And you still need to remove the power cable, SATA cable to remove the HDD, and remove the hard drive itself from its bracket. 

A total of 35 screws, and 25 mins of careful delicate work. 

And doing this on any Xbox model requires you to remove warranty seals and you can't sell your console at stores like CeX if you remove warranty stickers. 

And Microsoft also does annoying things like this by selling you a rechargeable battery kit for the controller for $60, which is a total rip off. They should be including it with every controller. 

Edited by VamosReva
spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, VamosReva said:

On the OG Xbox, Xbox One S and X, it's still pain in the a*s as you need to remove metal casings, ribbon cables, lifting the optical drive out of its place, just to access the hard drive. 

Ah, the OG Xbox . I managed so somehow change my friends' hard drive as the main one went kaput and stuck in update cycle. 

After fixing the harddrive, i managed to mess up the power on button ribbon connection, so the Console can only be turned on now via controller/usb. The plastic casing removal process felt so tedius and delicate and cheap.