The Playstation 5 thread

It’s kinda like an insurance fee 
if your PS5 dies within a year you get replacement,though highly unlikely that it’ll die in first year

but in first 4 years of it dies you get a new one for 50% discount of the MRP value of the date of replacement 

so kinda like an insurance fee 

Is this confirmed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

Is this confirmed ?

Yes, it is confirmed, I did it for my PS3 back in 2016. You can call customer care and they will inform you about this.

Edited by him2anshu
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Walker said:

To share across 2 different ps4's you can log into another PS4 with the plus account but you can only use plus on that one account since the first PS4 was activated as primary and is already sharing plus benefits with the other accounts.

So on the first PS4 all accounts can use plus benefits and on the 2nd PS4 only the account that has plus can use the benefits. Right ?

Guys wouldn't it be cheaper to buy games such as Cyberpunk, Assassin creed, etc. for ps4 system and get a free upgrade for ps5? 

Or maybe sony will act smart and release all these free upgrade titles at 3999 only.

All prices are same for PS4 and ps5 games

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

So basically, Xbox buyers will get 40$ Beyond Light for free (Gamepass for 14 days is bundled free, correct?)

2-days headstart will be significant?

Is Beyond Light first game/expansion ever which will get simultaneous release on GamePass and PS?

Edited by Right

12 minutes ago, Right said:

So basically, Xbox buyers will get 40$ Beyond Light for free (Gamepass for 14 days is bundled free, correct?)

2-days headstart will be significant?

Is Beyond Light first game/expansion ever which will get simultaneous release on GamePass and PS?

Yes, Xbox users will get it via GamePass (only expansion; seasons not included). 14 days code should be included when you buy the new Xbox or controller or simply signup for $1. 

Destiny supports cross-save. So you can play on PS4 for 2 days then move to PS5. I believe most of the multi-platform expansions launch at same time on all platforms. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yes, Xbox users will get it via GamePass (only expansion; seasons not included). 14 days code should be included when you buy the new Xbox or controller or simply signup for $1. 

Destiny supports cross-save. So you can play on PS4 for 2 days then move to PS5. I believe most of the multi-platform expansions launch at same time on all platforms. 

Oh ya. They can do that.

But is this first time ever that new release will be free on Xbox and have to be paid for on PS?

7 minutes ago, Right said:

But is this first time ever that new release will be free on Xbox and have to be paid for on PS?

Not technically free, but if you have GamePass, then, yes? 

Shadowkeep expansion was added to GP recently. 

No seasons included is bummer but that would be too good of a deal. :P Still getting some discount on seasons is better than nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Not technically free, but if you have GamePass, then, yes? 

Shadowkeep expansion was added to GP recently. 

No seasons included is bummer but that would be too good of a deal. :P Still getting some discount on seasons is better than nothing. 

if you have Xbox but don’t have GamePass then you are not doing it right.... :)

Yeah, it doesn’t include seasons but Expansion will cost 40$ flat and that will be FREE for Xboxers.  So yeah sone savings.

44 minutes ago, Right said:

Oh ya. They can do that.

We've had games like Outer Worlds and Wasteland 3 launch free on Xbox and $60 on PS4. 

18 minutes ago, frost said:

Does anyone have a guess on the number of units that will be availiable for preorder and during launch in India.

I can't find the article but I remember reading PS4 had launched in India with 4000 units which went out of stock in a week.

If I had to guess, best case scenario would be 5,000-10,000 units of PS5 on launch, but it would sellout much faster than last time.

P.S. I'm no expert in this, just a guestimation based on how they launched last time.

1 hour ago, zen said:

Any idea if this will have international warranty? 
Or if it will have a universal power supply like the PS4?

I might buy it in the US and bring it back, hoping won’t be charged any import duty. Anybody did that with the PS4 pro? 

My uncle brought my PS4 slim from US in his luggage bag without any issues, I guess 1 unit is allowed depending on its value of the electronic product. There is no import duty in such case for items below Rs 50000, that’s what I was told by the same uncle. But, I can’t confirm if it’s the correct information.