The Playstation 5 thread

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Tbh im all in for made in India PS5. Make it happen. 

Low sales don't justify asking Foxconn to start an assembly line here lol.

if the desi Sony exec pitches this to his Japani masters he will be blasted on the phone/zoom call.

As it is no Sony item sells well in this country.

or any country aside from Japan i guess.

58 minutes ago, AnK said:

Sony is a sinking Ship for the longest time I can remember lol

whatever that means 

They just had their best year and quarter ever.

It indeed was a sinking ship. Then Kaz came and turned it the f*ck around.

Yeah their consumer electronics business is not doing that well (apart from Playstation, which prints money) and so we get this image. But Sony is a behemoth. Its financial services (yeah they sell insurance too :p), imaging devices (they have something like 42% market share in camera lenses), medical devices (MRIs etc), semiconductor business,  movies (Columbia, MGM), Sony music (biggest music publisher in the world), online entertainment (the Vevo thing you see, or used to see until recently I think, on YouTube in front of every artist? That's Sony) music etc are very profitable.

Edited by kittoo

35 minutes ago, kittoo said:

Yeah their consumer electronics business is not doing that well (apart from Playstation, which prints money) and so we get this image. But Sony is a behemoth. Its financial services (yeah they sell insurance too :p), imaging devices (they have something like 42% market share in camera lenses), medical devices (MRIs etc), semiconductor business,  movies (Columbia, MGM), Sony music (biggest music publisher in the world), online entertainment (the Vevo thing you see, or used to see until recently I think, on YouTube in front of every artist? That's Sony) music etc are very profitable.

Dammit why dude? You just destroyed bot dreams of a playstation less world.

4 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

WHAT ? 

Sony still can turnaround a lot of this if they stop being cockcy like nokia and adapt to new mobile trend

Yeah, in Japan. They have a Sony Bank too. Very profitable business for them. They are one of the biggest there in Japan in these fields.

1 minute ago, Walker said:

Dammit why dude? You just destroyed bot dreams of a playstation less world.

Lol. Not the intention though :p I thought everyone knew that Sony was back :p

Edited by kittoo

1 minute ago, kittoo said:

Yeah, in Japan. They have a Sony Bank too. Very profitable business for them. They are one of the biggest there in Japan in these fields.

Lol. Not the intention though :p I thought everyone knew that Sony was back :p

Everyone does. Except people that keeps thinking Sony is doomed :lol:

7 hours ago, kittoo said:

They even own the Hawkeye system used in cricket, tennis and other sports. 

Sorry for the OT. But it's crazy how they've always made good xperia phones but completely forget to market them.
Sony phones and Laptops were always really expensive. Were they better than the compititon, I don't know. But the price killed them.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk