The Playstation 5 thread

23 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Wasn't favor performance already smooth on PS4 Pro and Favor Resolution (4K) was 30 FPS?? Would be great if they support Favor Resolution and upto 60 FPS

Yeah, performance mode was pretty smooth but its framerate was mostly in the 40's.

The framerate on PS5 will probably stay closer to 60.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:18 PM, Joe Cool said:

Fake or running on HDD. PC loads in ~3 seconds...

Not even same levels on other platforms... ?

Not running special edition.

Oh k. Thanks. So you are saying not to trust these random PS5 loadtimes YT videos and Twitter posts coz chances are 90% of them are fake .? Noted .

Eagerly waiting for DF analysis to show us the real truth rather than fake paid advertisements done by shills.

2 hours ago, him2anshu said:

I have had Playstations since 2013, never had to change the battery of any controller, as far as I know they last long time certainly more than 2-3 years on average usage.

My DS4 battery crapped out after 1.5 years, was giving barely 2 hrs backup.

Managed to find a replacement on ebay (Flipkart hadn't killed it yet) and put it in after a lot of struggle. That did fine for a few months and went to sh*t again (was likely fake chinese stuff).

Compared to that- simply opening up a back cover and sliding in a couple of new Duracell sounds pretty nice to me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

My DS4 battery crapped out after 1.5 years, was giving barely 2 hrs backup.

Managed to find a replacement on ebay (Flipkart hadn't killed it yet) and put it in after a lot of struggle. That did fine for a few months and went to sh*t again (was likely fake chinese stuff).

Compared to that- simply opening up a back cover and sliding in a couple of new Duracell sounds pretty nice to me.

Yours might be a one in a hundred case scenario with DS battery, but look at how frequently you have to open up the back cover and slide new Duracells in the other one and what if the batteries die in between the games and you don’t have extras lying around or you forgot to charge them beforehand. 

The best way would be the mix of both, provide the battery that can be charged like Sony does but keep it in such a way that it can be easily removed by users without undoing the whole controller, when it’s time to finally replace them.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

The best way would be the mix of both, provide the battery that can be charged like Sony does but keep it in such a way that it can be easily removed by users without undoing the whole controller, when it’s time to finally replace them.

+1

55 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Can't sell accessories if they did that. The fact that Xbox battery compartment does support charging but they went out of their way to remove the circuitry to support it so only Play n Charge kit would work is amazing.

The most annoying part is not that they have removable batteries. But that they don't ship the charge&play kit by default. If they did, it would have the best of both the worlds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, him2anshu said:

+1. Internally sealed batteries are garbage, should have given the option to change the li-io rechargeable battery packs as used to be done in Phones.

Also this should be implemented in phones too, was way convenient.

Multiple retailers and distributors speaking to The Mako Reactor under the condition of anonymity have confirmed that Sony has reached out to them to stock the PS5 and its games. Interestingly, Sony hasn’t told them what to expect in terms of quantities or launch window.

“While we’ve been told we’re getting the PS5, we have not been told what our quantities are,” says the owner of game store in Bengaluru. “No date has been given to us either.”

Matlav ps5 games ka stock rakho, par bikega kab pata nae XD

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

+1. Internally sealed batteries are garbage, should have given the option to change the li-io rechargeable battery packs as used to be done in Phones.

Also this should be implemented in phones too, was way convenient.

Yeah, good times before Apple entered the market and changed everything.

TBH, even if it is little delayed to December, it wont really matter if your main gaming machine is PC. I was anyway going to be busy with Cyberpunk and Godfall in November so wouldnt have played much on PS5 anyway. Add Valhalla to that. I'll just feel jealous of peeps in US and Europe getting their hands on console before I could. Just need to keep my khujli down else I would end up importing one and pay 18K in taxes :wallbash:

4 hours ago, him2anshu said:

U can get the Play & Charge kit for 20$ & then have both worlds, no need to remove the battery to charge it as it charges through the controller & incase it goes kaput, it can be replaced super easy.

Edited by speeddemon

5 minutes ago, speeddemon said:

U can get the Play & Charge kit for 20$ & then have both worlds, no need to remove the battery to charge it as it charges through the controller & incase it goes kaput, it can be replaced super easy.

Extra 20$. That's like 1/3rd the price of a new controller for something that should have been bundled by default. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, speeddemon said:

Well, the drawback is that you have to pay extra for something that should’ve been included in the retail box, 20 dollars is like half the cost of secondary controller.

24 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Same same

Ye Cheer up ke chakkar me I spent 2.5 Lac on building a PC. It was never my plan to build a PC before Covid-19. Thoda aur cheer up karne ko ek tablet bhi utha liya and then later Note 20 Ultra. Sony aur delay kiya to khareedne ko paise nahi bachenge :P

50 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Extra 20$. That's like 1/3rd the price of a new controller for something that should have been bundled by default. 

agree, would be great if the charge kit was bundled but well thats the way. i was using a charge kit since 5 years (bought with og xbox one) & it went kaput few months back, wasn't holding a good charge anymore, had to recharge it every 1-2 hrs so got a new charge kit from dubai last November.

Offcourse would have preferred it bundled too, my ps4 pro controller is getting weaker in battery as i can sense it but will get it fixed by some repair shop once it goes kaput.

Edited by speeddemon

44 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Ye Cheer up ke chakkar me I spent 2.5 Lac on building a PC. It was never my plan to build a PC before Covid-19. Thoda aur cheer up karne ko ek tablet bhi utha liya and then later Note 20 Ultra. Sony aur delay kiya to khareedne ko paise nahi bachenge :P

25 minutes ago, adity said:

Haha maine bhi cheer up ke chakkar mein pura bonus tv pe uda diya. f**k 2020 and f**k China. 

Accha he Bhai ATLEAST Kuch use Karne layak karidha?? dream 11 pe nae udaya ?? I know lot of my friends spending good amounts of sum on dream 11 and Mpl thinking they'll earn good aur Baki logone on zerodha ?