The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, KnackChap said:

Phil Spencer: "Our motivation is not to turn everybody into a subscriber"

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-10-29-phil-spencer-our-motivation-is-not-to-turn-everybody-into-a-subscriber

:rofl::rofl:

yeh gadha kaunsa maal phoonkta hai? 

Philly S is the Rahul G of gaming.

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Phil Spencer: "Our motivation is not to turn everybody into a subscriber"

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-10-29-phil-spencer-our-motivation-is-not-to-turn-everybody-into-a-subscriber

:rofl::rofl:

yeh gadha kaunsa maal phoonkta hai? 

lmao yaha log sub khareedke yodha ban gaye hai and yeh bhai saab kya hai bakwaas kar raha hai

7 hours ago, Snake said:

Sony doing good by giving people like Dave Lee consoles for previews and discussions....instead of you know.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EikOHaKUMAAwnQL?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

He probably borrowed it from Takahashi like how Warren had to borrow one from other Verge guy Sony sent it too.

13 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Wanted to ask a question. How much tax will be applied if i get one from dubai (My friend will ship it )? Will it be bigger than whats applied in india?

Upto the mercy of the custom officer but somewhere around 30%. Might as well wait and buy from India.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Wanted to ask a question. How much tax will be applied if i get one from dubai (My friend will ship it )? Will it be bigger than whats applied in india?

The problem is not even the taxes. It can be paid. The major problem is if the custom babus decide not to clear your stock quickly. It can be easily lying there for a month or even more. Worse, you won't know the condition for such an expensive item. CDs, Blu Rays, Books, Figurines etc are fine since they won't spoil easily. But there is a chance a full fledged console will break - in which case you will be stuck with expensive dead weight. I've even heard that sometimes the babus can take the goods for themselves (and report the product as missing) though I've never experienced that myself.

If your friend is carrying it here in person, there is absolutely no problem. It will be instant clear on customs, and most probably there will be no duties as well. Since people can shop up to 1 lakh Rs per person and come in custom free. But mailing/couriering a brand new console is a different game altogether.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, roun90 said:

The problem is not even the taxes. It can be paid. The major problem is if the custom babus decide not to clear your stock quickly. It can be easily lying there for a month or even more. Worse, you won't know the condition for such an expensive item. CDs, Blu Rays, Books, Figurines etc are fine since they won't spoil easily. But there is a chance a full fledged console will break - in which case you will be stuck with expensive dead weight. I've even heard that sometimes the babus can take the goods for themselves (and report the product as missing) though I've never experienced that myself.

If your friend is carrying it here in person, there is absolutely no problem. It will be instant clear on customs, and most probably there will be no duties as well. Since people can shop up to 1 lakh Rs per person and come in custom free. But mailing/couriering a brand new console is a different game altogether.

matlab 100 baat ki ek baat. india me ayega tab lo nae toh chup baitho.
Feels bad that i sold my pro :(