The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

India and several other emerging markets contribute a sizeable chunk of those sales ;)

Is that including the FIFA only crowd? If most of that "chunk" comes from that category (People who only buy consoles to play FIFA), then I can definitely see Sony launching consoles late here, because FIFA games are going to be on current PS4 gen for at least another 5 years I think.

1 minute ago, Walker said:

The worst part of it all is I'm almost 40, married with a 9yr old, and for some reason I'm defined as that guy who plays games all day! Everytime we meet family the standard dialogue from my mom is "Eh! He is always busy with his games. Where he knows anything else!" And then all my uncles and aunts and their kids etc will have a good laugh about it. Once got into an argument at a family gathering because one of my cousins said what do you get playing those games. And then everyone unloaded on me. I finally had to shut them up with "I spend less time on video games than you lot spend time on FB, insta, whatsapp, shitty soap operas, yeah uncle you too with your idiotic saas-bahu bs. At least my hobby isn't excruciatingly stupid. I pay for my games with my own money that I earn so keep your opinion to yourself until you're paying for my hobby!"

Safe to say I don't get invited much anymore, no complaints honestly :D

I am slowly moving towards this situation now. Only my sister understands my interest in gaming.

7 minutes ago, Walker said:

The worst part of it all is I'm almost 40, married with a 9yr old, and for some reason I'm defined as that guy who plays games all day! Everytime we meet family the standard dialogue from my mom is "Eh! He is always busy with his games. Where he knows anything else!" And then all my uncles and aunts and their kids etc will have a good laugh about it. Once got into an argument at a family gathering because one of my cousins said what do you get playing those games. And then everyone unloaded on me. I finally had to shut them up with "I spend less time on video games than you lot spend time on FB, insta, whatsapp, shitty soap operas, yeah uncle you too with your idiotic saas-bahu bs. At least my hobby isn't excruciatingly stupid. I pay for my games with my own money that I earn so keep your opinion to yourself until you're paying for my hobby!"

Safe to say I don't get invited much anymore, no complaints honestly :D

4 minutes ago, b!T said:

I am slowly moving towards this situation now. Only my sister understands my interest in gaming.

Same situation here family & friends don't understand what i get from gaming but my wife understands that I like very few things & gaming is one of them & she doesn't give me sh*t about it. She even bought me my PS4 Pro for my birthday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kittoo said:

Yupe. My family kinda accepted that I like video games and what not and now understand why I like it (my mother even sat and watched me playing the whole of Uncharted lost legacy. Maybe indian culture setting and temples intrigued her) but my wife is borderline irrational about it. She hates it, even though my gaming has gone down drastically after marriage (though I plan to increase it again), barely an hour a week. She keeps ranting about it. 'Who plays video game itna bada hoke?', 'Before becoming your girlfriend I didn't know you played video games otherwise i wouldn't have got in a relationship with you.', 'Even my brother says why does your husband plays video games?' I mean wtf. She keeps giving example of a cousin of hers who apparently ruined his life because of video games or something.

Nevertheless I finally had enough and had to tell her to STFU about this as I like it just as she likes partying and just like I dont understand her spending so much money on makeup etc but I dont bother her she shouldn't bother me. I was polite but firm. That seems to have worked. For now at least.

So yeah, people really don't understand gaming here and that's the main reason why consoles dont sell much. It's not so much about money. People spend that much money easy on phones.

P.S.- To be fair, I did have an ex who loved playing video games. She and I used to play together. She finished Last of us over a weekend. So not all are like that:p

:rofl: 

41 minutes ago, Walker said:

"I spend less time on video games than you lot spend time on FB, insta, whatsapp, shitty soap operas, yeah uncle you too with your idiotic saas-bahu bs. At least my hobby isn't excruciatingly stupid. I pay for my games with my own money that I earn so keep your opinion to yourself until you're paying for my hobby!"

Cant imagine myself saying this. Jamkar dhulai hogi then again im not that old yet so who knows. Tab tak maybe everyone will come to senses.

One of my uncles keeps watching south indian movies all day long and lectures me about gaming. (all those movies are those with the most stupid action scenes you'll ever come across"

19 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

As far as Sony is concerned all those grey market units imported and sold in India are tallied under UAE.

Grey market isnt the way to go if you are paying premium and getting no warranty.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, b!T said:

30 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

Same situation here family & friends don't understand what i get from gaming but my wife understands that I like very few things & gaming is one of them & she doesn't give me sh*t about it. She even bought me my PS4 Pro for my birthday.

Yeah saving grace, wife doesnt give me sh*t about it, which would be weird considering she's bought me almost all my consoles :D She understands this is my "me time" and I make sure I play at a time it doesnt affect our family time. Kid's also into games so win-win at our home. The rest can go suck an egg for all I care.

3 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Cant imagine myself saying this. Jamkar dhulai hogi then again im not that old yet so who knows. Tab tak maybe everyone will come to senses.

One of my uncles keeps watching south indian movies all day long and lectures me about gaming. (all those movies are those with the most stupid action scenes you'll ever come across"

Naah. You don't need approval from anyone as long as you aren't dependant. If "family" comes with conditions they can f**k right off. Or it might just be that I've always been the black sheep of the family so it's easier for them to put me in a box, and for me not to give four f**ks for what they want.

38 minutes ago, Walker said:

Yeah saving grace, wife doesnt give me sh*t about it, which would be weird considering she's bought me almost all my consoles :D She understands this is my "me time" and I make sure I play at a time it doesnt affect our family time. Kid's also into games so win-win at our home. The rest can go suck an egg for all I care.

My wife doesn't understand gaming but she does understand what it means to me so all good there. But Dad and Mom doesn't care for it and most of our family time turns into "how much I spent on gaming that month" :lol:

• Haha 2

Thankfully no issues at my end for Gaming. We played Unravel 2 as well. Wife understands how important it is for me so no issues unless i screw up other resposibilities:dance:

I anyway dont buy many games so spend isnt much either. But finding time for gaming is a challenge now.

Marriage season has started at home but I have temporarily scared them off with covid excuse. 

I am seriously contemplating living a bachelor’s life to the end, because I don’t want to loose my freedom and gaming time, which is already scarce.

Judging by the situation of people here, it sure doesn’t appear like I’d get to enjoy my time playing games.

Wonder if anyone here has taken this step?

2 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Marriage season has started at home but I have temporarily scared them off with covid excuse. 

I am seriously contemplating living a bachelor’s life to the end, because I don’t want to loose my freedom and gaming time, which is already scarce.

Judging by the situation of people here, it sure doesn’t appear like I’d get to enjoy my time playing games.

Wonder if anyone here has taken this step?

:fear:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

Is that including the FIFA only crowd? If most of that "chunk" comes from that category (People who only buy consoles to play FIFA), then I can definitely see Sony launching consoles late here, because FIFA games are going to be on current PS4 gen for at least another 5 years I think.

In Kerala, gulf fathers bring consoles to gift their kids.

When I was in school, most NRI kids would brag about their PlayStation 2/3/Xbox 360 and invite us home to show off?.

These people don’t care for features or buy many games, they just pick up the coolest looking console they see when they shop.

1 minute ago, kmkaks said:

When I was in school, most NRI kids would brag about their PlayStation 2/3/Xbox 360 and invite us home to show off?.

These people don’t care for features or buy many games, they just pick up the coolest looking console they see when they shop.

This so much :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

And I'm very thankful to those kids. Would have probably never got Atari or into gaming if it wasn't for one such kid growing up :lol:

17 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

:fear:

Do share your experience. I realize all these chomu chacha chachu mama mami will give tough time but I’ve never cared for them. My parents are dependent on me, so I can bargain?!

Edit: Guess we are going out of topic, do we have a thread for this discussion?

Edited by kmkaks