The Playstation 5 thread

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Guys from Delhi/NCR interested in buying a ps5, why dont we do a group order once release date is available? We might be able to negotiate a better price if there are enough of us. Ek saath 10-12 launde palika pe dhawa bol denge :rofl:

Nice idea but given that videos of broken/not working Ps5/XSX are already up, does it make sense to buy it without warranty?

PlayStation no longer provides the option to get the console replaced for 50% price anymore.

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Nice idea but given that videos of broken/not working Ps5/XSX are already up, does it make sense to buy it without warranty?

PlayStation no longer provides the option to get the console replaced for 50% price anymore.

What? Its already broken? Damn. Didnt read about it.

Also only talking of official ones with warranty.

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Buying it for 50k+ without warranty is blasphemy 

just have faith & wait two months to be stress free for next few years 

They do,but only with Indian warranty units 

Yeah, I meant PAL units not from India.

And I am fine with waiting. 

Edited by kunjanp

I really hope the hype for the new consoles die soon. I dont plan to buy the PS5 probably until the next God of War comes out but it is proving really difficult to resist. 

The hype here and everywhere else is infectious and my finger keeps hovering above the buy button on XSS where I have never played on an Xbox before. 

Maybe this is the right time to check out Nintendo :scratchchin:

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Even who work for them don't know sh*t ?? I thought with other countries dropping we might get a release date too. Guess disappointing fans is Sony India top priority rn.

How happy will you be with Jan 2022 release date?

30 minutes ago, AnK said:

If you have never played on an Xbox or PC before 

Buying SeriesS for Gears/Halo franchise itself is worth it 

Dabbled with the franchises on the PC.

More specifically, I would say gamepass alone is worth buying the Xbox consoles. 

But who knows how Series S will fare late into the console generation even though DF seems to be quite optimistic about it.

Guys from Delhi/NCR interested in buying a ps5, why dont we do a group order once release date is available? We might be able to negotiate a better price if there are enough of us. Ek saath 10-12 launde palika pe dhawa bol denge :rofl:

Count me in. From Noida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

India used to have a PlayStation division that worked under PlayStation Europe rather than Sony India. They didn't even sit in the Sony office.

But over the last 3-4 years, the PlayStation business has slowly transitioned to Sony India (the electronics division). Up until last year, PlayStation had an India head who was sitting out of Dubai and overseeing the business, while Sony India handled logistics. Now there is no PlayStatiion India at all. It is now entirely handled by Sony India, so there is no Indian representation in the PlayStation division.

And this is Sony India's first console launch. Can you tell? :lol:

does this change the way they handle warranty or will it be same as usual? 

and how good (or bad) is warranty for PS products in india? i only had to deal with sony India once and that was for TVs and they were pathetic